No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The situation on the ground in DSL's paradise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      Democrats and Law Enforcement:

Unsafe vs. perfectly safe
      4nloJoBqJ6.jpg
      That's some brilliant oversimplifying here.

While the protests brought on by yet another unwarranted murder were risky (mostly masked but not distancing) they were murder/racism protests. So the random guy unmasked at beach, in cuffs (for reasons we don't even know), is the equivalent?

Okay....

Comment

• The University of Texas has said that they will NOT do away with "The Eyes Of Texas Are Upon You", in spite of protests by some students and players.
        Excellent.

CGVT and DSL are surely rage-tweeting as we speak.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• While the protests brought on by yet another unwarranted murder were risky (mostly masked but not distancing) they were murder/racism protests.
          It's all good if the protest is just and you'll let us all know what is just and isn't.

We all know how that works.

Finally, it plainly wasn't a protest against murder. That's cute. There are dozens of murders every day. Dozens of black folks are murdered every day and, it seems like at least one black child is murdered every day. No one is protesting that. The protests were about a questionable notion that police target black people to kill, and, more broadly, the demonstrably false idea that the US is a racist country.

If one disagrees with these premises then one would certainly find the proferred justification for spreading Covid to be utter horseshit.

But, then again, you'll be the one who tells us what is just and what isn't.
          Last edited by iam416; July 14, 2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            The NBA allows customized jerseys that say "FuckThePolice" and "FuckHongKong" but ban "FreeHongKong" https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/13...and-kill-cops/

This little "message" thing the NBA has going is kosher so long as, of course, you're saying the right thing.

And I don't even know what to say about the new NFL "anthem" policy.

Right now I'm hoping some woke fuck somewhere will find something vaguely associated with some sort of non-woke racism about M's fight song and that will go by the wayside. That would be hilarious.

Maybe you should've gone to the nba.com store to try to see if it's accurate. FreeHongKong worked.Ec50Lj7XkAA-R2k?format=png&name=large.png

Here's a site that shows how accurate a news site might be. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-federalist/

Comment

• Speaking of the protests and their mission to DEFUND and ABOLISH the police, let's take a little looksy and see how that's working out for them:

Leaders in the black community are calling on the New York Police Department to bring back the plainclothes Anti-Crime Unit that was eliminated last month as shootings and murders spike across the city.

About 600 undercover officers from the unit were set to be transferred to other assignments including detective work and policing neighborhoods, NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea said a month ago. The anti-crime unit, which was responsible for getting guns off the streets, had been criticized as stoking distrust in law enforcement in minority communities.

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, one of the African-American voices calling for action on gun violence, criticized the police force’s decision to completely disband the unit. He deplored the recent deadly shooting of a one-year-old, one of the victims of New York City’s recent spike in gun violence.

“I think that a total elimination is something we need to reevaluate,” Adams said, CBS New York reported. “Right now, bad guys are saying if you don’t see a blue and white you can do whatever you want.”

Tony Herbert, an activist in New York’s black community, agreed and lamented the rise in violence, criticizing New York officials for their failure to address the situation.

“The guns keep going off and now we have a 1-year-old and the blood is on the hands of the mayor and the state Legislature,” Herbert said.

The decision to disband the anti-crime unit was also panned by Police Benevolent Association President Pat Lynch, who warned that consequences would follow if city leaders refused to deal with increased gun violence.

“Anti-Crime’s mission was to protect New Yorkers by proactively preventing crime, especially gun violence,” Lynch said in a statement. “Shooting and murders are both climbing steadily upward, but our city leaders have decided that proactive policing isn’t a priority anymore. They chose this strategy. They will have to reckon with the consequences.”

The city’s murder rate for the month ending June 7 has more than doubled from the same period last year, and shooting victims have increased by 45 percent. Meanwhile, arrests for illegal gun possession have dropped dramatically, with only 29 people arrested during the week that ended July 5, down from 70 during the same week last year, according to NYPD data.

In recent weeks, the NYPD has experienced a surge of over 400 percent in retirement applications from officers amid tensions with city officials and after the city’s police budget was slashed by $1 billion.
              Seems like it's working out about as well as one would expect. I mean, why not turn Brooklyn into a giant CHOP zone, right? What could go wrong?

Comment

• Maybe you should've gone to the nba.com store to try to see if it's accurate. FreeHongKong worked.
                I guess the article I quoted was a day old. The NBA reversed its policy after the backlash: https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nba-free-hong-kong

Of course, they had the policy in the first place. So, yeah...fuck the NBA their Chinese kowtowing.

Here's a site that shows how accurate a news site might be. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-federalist/
                LMMFAO.

Comment

Seems like it's working out about as well as one would expect. I mean, why not turn Brooklyn into a giant CHOP zone, right? What could go wrong?
                  Sounds fine to me. Fuck them. Disband the police in hard Left cities. Let them suffer deeply for a long time. We're miles past the point where people in cities like NYC deserve an ounce of sympathy.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; July 14, 2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Sounds fine to me. Fuck them. Let them suffer deeply for a long time. We're miles past the point where people in cities like NYC deserve an ounce of sympathy.
                    The most remarkable part is this quote from the "activist" -- The guns keep going off and now we have a 1-year-old and the blood is on the hands of the mayor and the state Legislature.

I mean, it's fucking tragic, but the brazen chutzpah it takes to blame the mayor and legislature is astounding. I wonder why the mayor and Legistature are scrambling to abolish the police. I wonder.

And then you have the legendarily stupid AOC saying the rise in crime in NYC is due to COVID and poverty -- to paraphrase her, "when you're hungry and deserpate you might shoplift a loaf of bread."

I mean, this is what the Left is about. This is what JD, CGVT and Strangelove believe. It's unreal.

Comment

And then you have the legendarily stupid AOC saying the rise in crime in NYC is due to COVID and poverty -- to paraphrase her, "when you're hungry and deserpate you might shoplift a loaf of bread.".
                      It's such a mystery why she couldn't parlay her college degree into something more lucrative than a bartending job. 🤣

Comment

• The joke will be on us when she's president.

Comment

LMMFAO.
                          I checked out that bias site and it is shockingly honest for a "fact check" site. They list CNN as full Left whereas Liberals usually try to pass of CNN as "centrist".

Comment

The joke will be on us when she's president.
                            Indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Sounds fine to me. Fuck them. Disband the police in hard Left cities. Let them suffer deeply for a long time. We're miles past the point where people in cities like NYC deserve an ounce of sympathy.
                              I lived at Fort Hamilton on the south side of Brooklyn for 2 1/2 years when I was in the USCG. My wife and I went thru the "Son of Sam" rampage, and also the "Great Blackout". We left after I was released from active duty and returned to Michigan. I've never, ever had an iota of desire to return there for any reason. It was a dump then, and its still a dump. And if those fools can't see the need for a police force to keep the bad guys in check, then they deserve whatever they get. They keep electing the morons who are making those decisions, so I agree with Hanni, .. they don't deserve an ounce of sympathy.

Start electing some people with a brain.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-...bbing-shooting

A 77 year old man was stabbed by a state employee over an argument regarding face masks.

The assailant was later shot and killed by a deputy sheriff after he got out of his car WITH THE KNIFE and started approaching the deputy. Of course the deputy will now be vilified forever for shooting the assailant that was about to do the same to her.

The assailant later died on his way to the hospital. The 77 year old man's condition was not released.

How does a discussion like this even lead to violence?
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X