No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone should watch as much as possible of the Chris Wallace-Trump interview.

Most unfit President of all time. It’s not remotely close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The most ludicrous fear-mongering imaginable is all the Trump Party has left. Already looking forward to October when Fox will give breathless daily updates on a new “caravan” of Central American rapists, marxists, saboteurs, and thieves descending upon the border because the Democrats promised them entry.
      I think you're wrong.

Rapists, marxists, saboteurs and thieves are already here, and are American citizens.

They are empowered by the people who will be taking over the country in January. The ones coming in from Central America will just be the reinforcements.

Once Kamala Harris and the Squad wheel Joe out of the way about an hour after his inauguration, the fun can begin!
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Liney, your scenario only comes to pass if the Ds act like Rs, which I don't think will happen. We're going to see hyper trash talk until the election. Biden is a centrist, both Rs and Ds can find stuff to pick at. I am optimistic that he will be this century's Jerry Ford. Decent guy, entertaining yet tame gaffes, not mentally ill, and a calming choice after a criminally corrupt and probably treasonous previous administration. Our debt has become debilitating, There will be no "<insert name here> New Deal". We'll be damn lucky if we can something needed like an infrastructure bill passed and funded. The 46th President will have at least one hand tied behind his back.

I think Biden is going headfirst into a nightmare. In the run up to the election, covid could get bad enough that shutdowns return. Unemployment will stay high and consumer spending will drop when the helicopter money runs out this month. Economic reality will eventually catch up with stock valuations, looking at Q4. On Jan 1, I expect unemployment to be 12%, the market at 20k, the debt requiring tax hikes and massive spending cuts, no progress with China, and Trump using the fleeting moments of his term with the power of the presidency to destroy any and all he feels slighted him.

On the upside, I don't believe Biden will just create alternate realities when things don't go his way. I think he'll actually respond to national issues. I just don't know how Biden, or anyone for that matter, will be able to quickly and effectively reverse the devastation Trump has inflicted upon this nation. The wild card is how the cult of Trump reacts - by melting away in humiliation or by continuing their attempts to undermine Constitutional and American values.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I think you're wrong.

Rapists, marxists, saboteurs and thieves are already here, and are American citizens.

They are empowered by the people who will be taking over the country in January. The ones coming in from Central America will just be the reinforcements.

Once Kamala Harris and the Squad wheel Joe out of the way about an hour after his inauguration, the fun can begin!
          Okay some things here

1) Let's be clear....Harris/Biden/Pelosi and Senator Chuck are clearly, clearly firmly on the establishment side of the Dems and are not progressive at all

2) That side will do everything it can (including dumping tens of millions into the primaries) to make sure progressives are not elected. Making sure progressives are not elected will allow them to continue to push the line of thinking that as long as Wall Street and corporations are okay then everything (economically) is okay. There is a reason that Wall Street loves Sen Harris as a potential VP nominee.

3) It remains to be seen if there will be enough outside pressure to get anything progressive in a Biden administration. There is a decent chance that the Republicans will say we can't do anything because of the debt. Biden very well could go along with that and look to cut into the social safety net (because he sure as hell will not cut in the DoD budget). In short, I think a Biden administration might be more progressive on social issues but not deal with the underlying economic problems that led to Trump getting elected in 2016.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Liney, your scenario only comes to pass if the Ds act like Rs, which I don't think will happen.
            First of all, the elections are going to be a clean sweep for the Democrats. They'll retain control of the House, they'll take the Senate, and they'll have Joe and Kamala in the Executive branch, for at least a few months. Then Kamala takes over.

The USSC will lose 3 justices, two of which are staunch conservatives, and all three replacements will be far left liberals. The new Democrat senate will not be allowed to confirm anyone even remotely toward center.

So. There will be no recourse for anyone of conservative beliefs. And the anger that has been built up on the left during the Trump administration is going to boil over into all out revenge. So-called centrists in the Democratic party will be pushed aside like Alfred E Neumann at a sorority party. The right will be completely and totally without recourse.

Joe Biden isn't going to be able to serve a full term. If the Joe Biden of 2009 were running for President, I might take some anti-barfing medicine, hold my nose, and vote for him, after the stuff we've see in the last 4 years. But, that Joe Biden is nowhere to be found. Whatever becomes of his presidency will be dictated by his VP choice. If it is Obama clone Kamala Harris, we are flat-out screwed.

And someone please name five (5) things that the left has done over these last few months that indicate that they want a lawful and peaceful society, where people of all faiths, creeds, beliefs and colors, are treated equally under the law. I've seen nothing but an endorsement of lawlessness. Even in here, a contributor said today, that more lawlessness is exactly what the country needs.

So this is what I have to look forward to?

Comment

• Wait Liney-----Do you actually think that Obama, Sen Harris, FVP Biden, Sen Chuck and Rep Pelosi are far left?

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                Wait Liney-----Do you actually think that Obama, Sen Harris, FVP Biden, Sen Chuck and Rep Pelosi are far left?
                Is this a serious question?

What, pray tell, have any of the above mentioned, done to indicate that they are any other?

Even if we allow that they PERSONALLY may be somewhat 'centrist', they consistently pander to the far left of their party.

Please name the Mitt Romney or the Susan Collins of the Democratic party. Name one of those democrats, who has gone on record and repudiated one of their own on the extreme left.

I haven't seen a one of them repudiate AOC or Tliab.

I've seen Mitt repudiate Trump. I've seen Collins come out against Trump.

On the left? Silence when theirs go bonkers.

And that's the gaggle of goof balls that is getting ready to lead the country.

Comment

• Wait a minute. Conservatives elect a mentally ill, corrupt, Russian patsy and they're upset/surprised at how the nation recoils and reacts at the next election? Here's a hint - don't elect an incompetent, orange anti-American buffoon and you won't get a response you fear.

Worse than Trump (if such a thing is possible), are the ass licking enablers he has cowed in the Congress. They have demonstrated a complete lack of moral compass, ethics, or spine, and have shown they will gleefully wipe their butts with the Constitution for their Dear Leader.

Over my lifetime, I have voted for more Republican presidential candidates than I have for Dems or write-in. But I am so disgusted with the GOP's callous disregard for this nation I may never vote for another Republican again. Pray for quality write in candidates.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I've seen Collins come out against Trump.

Susan "I hope he learned his lesson this time" Collins?

Jesus. The bar is low
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Rumors that the US Navy ship fire wasn’t an accident. Nothing official yet, just rumors.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        I've seen Collins come out against Trump.

Susan "I hope he learned his lesson this time" Collins?

Jesus. The bar is low
                        tbf, Trump did learn a lesson. That was the Republican Senate doesn't care what he does as long as their donors are happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          Rumors that the US Navy ship fire wasn’t an accident. Nothing official yet, just rumors.
                          What have you heard?

Comment

• Wait a minute. Conservatives elect a mentally ill, corrupt, Russian patsy and they're upset/surprised at how the nation recoils and reacts at the next election? Here's a hint - don't elect an incompetent, orange anti-American buffoon and you won't get a response you fear.
                            Well, you didn't vote for Hillary either, my friend. And in spite of the fact that we both love and respect Dr. Hodgeman, there was no way he was going to get elected either. So, we're both in the same boat. I gave Orange my vote and your vote went uncounted. So we both enabled him.

I wish I could say that I was proud of my vote, but I can't honestly say that. I am glad he chose two USSC justices that kept the country from going too far left for at least 4 years, but that will change after January. I'm also pleased that he took a strong stance of support with Israel, who is our only reliable partner for peace in the ME. After that, there's not a lot that I can point to that I'm pleased with. And I'm disappointed with him.

But I don't regret the fact that Hillary is not president. She was a horrible choice then, and she'd be a horrible choice now. Her sense of self entitlement and hatred of the right would have been just like The Donald, but from the left. I see no difference there.

Its all moot anyway. Joe is going to win in November, and he'll be inaugurated in January with a Democratic House, and Senate behind him. He and/or Kamala will choose at least 3 USSC justices, that will guarantee the country's swing to the far left, while the rest of us are told to sit down and shut up. If you thought the 9th Circuit was out of control, just wait until those yahoos take over.

Maybe Canada George will grant me refuge in his basement.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Well, you didn't vote for Hillary either, my friend. And in spite of the fact that we both love and respect Dr. Hodgeman, there was no way he was going to get elected either. So, we're both in the same boat. I gave Orange my vote and your vote went uncounted. So we both enabled him.

I wish I could say that I was proud of my vote, but I can't honestly say that. I am glad he chose two USSC justices that kept the country from going too far left for at least 4 years, but that will change after January. I'm also pleased that he took a strong stance of support with Israel, who is our only reliable partner for peace in the ME. After that, there's not a lot that I can point to that I'm pleased with. And I'm disappointed with him.

But I don't regret the fact that Hillary is not president. She was a horrible choice then, and she'd be a horrible choice now. Her sense of self entitlement and hatred of the right would have been just like The Donald, but from the left. I see no difference there.

Its all moot anyway. Joe is going to win in November, and he'll be inaugurated in January with a Democratic House, and Senate behind him. He and/or Kamala will choose at least 3 USSC justices, that will guarantee the country's swing to the far left, while the rest of us are told to sit down and shut up. If you thought the 9th Circuit was out of control, just wait until those yahoos take over.

Maybe Canada George will grant me refuge in his basement.
                              Well, pretty sure that if HRC was president (and trust me I am no fan of hers and she was totally tone deaf as a campaigner) that the pandemic would have been handled a lot better. So there would have been tens of thousands still alive. And least there would have been an actual government that would be interested in governing instead of dismantling it every chance Trump's people get.

Comment

• that the pandemic would have been handled a lot better
                                How can you be so sure? Trump wanted to shut down flights from China nearly a month before he actually did so. He held off when the Dems screamed about his "racist" policies against immigration. How do you know that Hillary would have stopped China flights sooner? The Covid outbreak has been a very fluid situation from the day it entered the US. I don't see anything that Trump did that deliberately caused more US deaths. At least he didn't order Covid patients sent to nursing homes like Whitmer did.

You're going to get your wish for a Hillary administration. Joe will follow that path as long as he's able, then Kamala will pick up where he leaves off and take it even further left.

Comment

Working...
                                X