Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha!

Sorry that you don't like it when I call bullshit on bullshit. Your conspiracy theories are bullshit.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Bullshit.

STFU
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Exactly
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• Sort of crazy (and scary) how fast Arizona caught up to Ohio in terms of covid deaths.

June 1
            Arizona: 917
            Ohio: 2206

July 1
            Arizona: 1720
            Ohio: 2876

July 25
            Arizona: 3286
            Ohio: 3297

Comment

• IMO, that says two things. The first is that Ohio’s deaths have been very low. The 7-day average is still really low. Second, any huge surge in cases is going to produce deaths. Arizona has had some higher days lately, but the 7-day still under 100.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post

I'm still convinced Hillary would have been worse.
                  Not a chance. At the very least, she would've surrounded herself with capable people.

Comment

• Since everyone is calling "bullshit", I'll call it on the "numbers". We've all heard about people getting notified about testing positive without taking the test and how heart attacks, accidents and all other deaths being assigned to Covid. How realistic, and widespread are these supposed errors?

Gee, you would kinda think that somebody would actually take the time to look a bit deeper at these numbers and hold people accountable for them.. after all, isn't that what the press is supposed to do?

Comment

• Yeah, its frustrating, Tom. As far back as a month ago, I started doubting the counts and their interpretation. Even if the numbers are screwed up in absolute terms, the trends likely aren't. The trick is to get officials dialed in to making decisions based on those. If there is one data set I trust it is R(t). I can't explain exactly why FL is demonstrating an R(t) of less than one for 4 straight days yet new case #s in absolute terms are still stubbornly high. Some but not all of that is due to expanded testing. Still, the press keeps reporting raw numbers, out of context despite that they have to know that kind of reporting is misleading.

The truth teller though is that every metric in FL (ED visits for ILI/C-19 sx, hospitalizations, % +) are downward trending. Most impressively is the sharp decrease in the 7d average of deaths. So, taken in context, FL is making progress with mitigation measures and greatly improved medical care of hospitalized patients with C-19 alone and more business shut downs or a lock-down aren't necessary ..... but that's what Desantis' political opponents are calling for and the press augments it.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                        Since everyone is calling "bullshit", I'll call it on the "numbers". We've all heard about people getting notified about testing positive without taking the test and how heart attacks, accidents and all other deaths being assigned to Covid. How realistic, and widespread are these supposed errors?

Gee, you would kinda think that somebody would actually take the time to look a bit deeper at these numbers and hold people accountable for them.. after all, isn't that what the press is supposed to do?
                        If what the press is saying is so divorced from the reality that people are experiencing, they would have tuned out on the hysteria by now.

For months rightwing media downplayed the virus and called it a liberal hoax. Most, except for the true wingnuts, have changed their tune and are urging masks, social distancing, etc. Why the recent change? They realized making light of the virus was killing their politicians in the polls. The message of "this is all just a BIG LIE" was actually more divorced from the reality of the every-day American than the liberal media's 'hysteria".

You can't fake death counts and the excess deaths this year, over a normal year, are significant. There's more likelihood that the covid deaths have been under-counted than they are over-counted. Particularly in the first months of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post

Not a chance. At the very least, she would've surrounded herself with capable people.
                          I was about to say "you're not serious", .. but yet, I know you are.

But, it might have been PPV worthy to see where she would have sent Bill. I'm thinking Ambassador to Greenland, or some such place.

There's no way she was going to let him back into the WH.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                            Since everyone is calling "bullshit", I'll call it on the "numbers". We've all heard about people getting notified about testing positive without taking the test and how heart attacks, accidents and all other deaths being assigned to Covid. How realistic, and widespread are these supposed errors?

Good case in point is that today, the FREEP is reporting 1000 new cases, but they admit that many of those numbers are from a 'backlog' of unreported cases from previous weeks. So, they get reported as "new today" cases. But, at least the Freep grudgingly admitted that there were no new Covid related deaths in today's numbers, although I'm sure they had reporters working overtime, trying to find deaths that could be blamed on Covid.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Good case in point is that today, the FREEP is reporting 1000 new cases, but they admit that many of those numbers are from a 'backlog' of unreported cases from previous weeks. So, they get reported as "new today" cases. But, at least the Freep grudgingly admitted that there were no new Covid related deaths in today's numbers, although I'm sure they had reporters working overtime, trying to find deaths that could be blamed on Covid.

The death totals aren't compiled by reporters. And without having an insane testing lab capacity there will always be a backlog of tests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The death totals aren't compiled by reporters. And without having an insane testing lab capacity there will always be a backlog of tests.
                                A thousand pardons, oh great sahib ...

I meant to reference this story in the Freep, and I would never accuse the wonderfully independent and freedom loving Detroit Free Press of being partial in anything that they do. They are absolutely spotless, fair, and politically balanced.

... and if you believe that, I can sell you the Mackinaw Bridge really cheap if you call me before 6:00 pm today .....

The large number of cases reported Sunday is due to a delay in processing lab result referrals from Friday evening through Saturday morning, MDHHS said.

Comment

Working...
                                X