No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe the Iranians got the idea for a bigger boat after their censors finally cleared the 45th Anniversary edition of Jaws..

Suffice to say that this is all for show- shooting up half sized models does nothing to demonstrate the vulnerability of large ships. But let's watch CNN take it and run with it. I will be thoroughly amused.

Comment

• https://tvline.com/2020/07/27/mlb-se...test-positive/

MLB calls emergency meeting after 14 Marlins test positive for Covid
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• A group of Palm Beach County residents sued the county on the grounds that their constitutional rights were violated by orders that required masking. I read the filing after it was filed on June 30th. From a lay-perspective their case was pretty well presented although my first impression was no chance. As expected and ruling against the plaintiffs, this portion of the Judge's ruling was in the news within the last hour.

“Constitutional rights and the ideals of limited government do not absolve a citizen from the real-world consequences of their individual choices, or otherwise allow them to wholly skirttheir social obligation to their fellow Americans or to society as a whole,” Kastrenakes said. “This is particularly true when one’s individual choices can result in drastic, costly, and sometimes deadly, consequences to others.”

If I can find the ruling in toto, I'll have a further look.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          https://tvline.com/2020/07/27/mlb-se...test-positive/

MLB calls emergency meeting after 14 Marlins test positive for Covid
          Eliminate roster size limits, test the whole team every time that a positive case comes up, and continue to play the games with the appropriate people quarantined. Just accept that this might be the wacky year where some teams had to play a bunch of their games with no-name guys called up from AAA because of Covid-19.

Comment

• That's not going to happen. Eventually you'll run out of healthy players.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Then it will be easy to field the all covid baseball league. Problem solved. You can then use the IR list for players that actually get sick.

Comment

• You'll lose large chunks at a time but I don't think that everyone will be affected. At least not all at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  You'll lose large chunks at a time but I don't think that everyone will be affected. At least not all at the same time.
                  I'd probably watch it because I'm pretty desperate for sports right now, but I don't see it happening. I imagine that they are going to shut it down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Eliminate roster size limits, test the whole team every time that a positive case comes up, and continue to play the games with the appropriate people quarantined. Just accept that this might be the wacky year where some teams had to play a bunch of their games with no-name guys called up from AAA because of Covid-19.
                    It could work. The CDC just changed it's recommendations for dealing with most COVID + people. There's a bunch of different circumstances but in this case, a player with a + RT-PCR test, needs to self isolate for 10d. If a player was in "close contact" with a player who has tested positive, not casual contact like walking past him, but within 6' for an extended period (15m), self quarantine is also recommended. To me, that significantly decreases which players, outside of the ones who tested +, might have to leave the team for 10d.

Also, the CDC just lined up with clinicians who have experienced practical application of CDC recommendations and recommended that after self isolation, you don't need to be retested. That's because the RT-PCR tests will pick up viral particles and flash + for months. These post infection particles don't present enough virions to infect others. IOW, you are no longer contagious after 10d of a + test or, in the absence of a + test, 10d after symptom onset. This is a huge change and a big deal.

In the case of these 10 players, like Hanni suggests, you just call up what you need to play from the minors and keep playing.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't give a shit about baseball either, but if there's no baseball, there probably won't be any fall or winter sports either. That would make two years with no NHL playoffs.

Comment

• Son, we live in a world that has sports, and those sports have to be played. Who's gonna stop them? You? You, ........? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom...... to play sports........ ; and Hanni's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to most of us here, advocates for the one sport still sort-of worth a shit, the NHL playoffs.

Play ball FFS.

Comment

• Dr Fauci's baseball card has become one of ToppsNow best selling cards ever, selling more than 50,000 in one hour.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/us/an...rnd/index.html
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• New Tone!

Comment

• If you see a big jump in the Texas death numbers it's because they went back and reviewed death certificates, potentially months in the past. Announced over 700 covid deaths today.

Comment

• Trump retweets a bunch of shitty medical advice late at night and Twitter has Already taken half of it down. Including a post which claimed hydroxychloroquine cures covid. Other important points Trump wanted to share include: we don’t need to wear masks so long as we take that drug and also Dr. Fauci is a liar

Comment

Working...
                                X