No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Dr. Strangelove;n1697737]Trump retweets a bunch of shitty medical advice late at night and Twitter has Already taken half of it down. Including a post which claimed hydroxychloroquine cures covid. Other important points Trump wanted to share include: we don’t need to wear masks so long as we take that drug and also Dr. Fauci is a liar[/QUOTE

98 days.

It will be interesting to see if Twitter bans this moron once he is out of office. I think they will. There was a guy that did nothing but retweet Trump's shit as if it were his own and was banned within a couple of days

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carliep.../#21ccc7077e20

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• [QUOTE=CGVT;n1697744]
      Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Trump retweets a bunch of shitty medical advice late at night and Twitter has Already taken half of it down. Including a post which claimed hydroxychloroquine cures covid. Other important points Trump wanted to share include: we don’t need to wear masks so long as we take that drug and also Dr. Fauci is a liar[/QUOTE

98 days.

It will be interesting to see if Twitter bans this moron once he is out of office. I think they will. There was a guy that did nothing but retweet Trump's shit as if it were his own and was banned within a couple of days

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carliep.../#21ccc7077e20
      One of the things he retweeted was something by that shady Assoc of American Physicians and Surgeons group that we've talked about. They're suing the FDA and HHS for not recommending hydroxy as a regular course of treatment for covid. Trump clearly rooting them on as they sue...um...his own administration.

We'll probably never have a clear answer why he has pushed this drug so hard as a "cure" against all counter-evidence. Refusal to admit he's wrong? Investments in companies that produce it? He wants people to distrust doctors so they blame them for the covid crisis instead of his administration? Just a strong desire for there to be a 'miracle' drug that'll make all his problems go away?

Fauci was just on Good Morning America and reiterated that there's overwhelming clinical evidence that hydroxy is ineffective against covid. He stands by the FDA.

Comment

• I would be shocked if Twitter doesn't eventually ban, more or less, Republicans. And the Left will celebrate.

Meanwhile, Rutgers declares proper grammar racist -- https://freebeacon.com/campus/rutger...rammar-racist/

They will now teach "critical grammar" -- I wish I was making that up.

I guess, in their eyes, AAs are incapable of using proper grammer. Prertty much right in line with #STEMisRacist.

Last edited by iam416; July 28, 2020, 07:42 AM.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Also of modest note, various city mayors want no federal help in quelling the violence in their cities. I'm fine with that, I suppose, provided they agree to forego every fucking cent of federal relief that they might get for rebuilding their cities AND reimbursing the Federal Government for damage done to Federal buildings.

Man, I remember when some nutjobs in Oregon took over a vacant federal building and the Left lost its fucking mind.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Dr. Strangelove;n1697747]
            Originally posted by CGVT View Post

One of the things he retweeted was something by that shady Assoc of American Physicians and Surgeons group that we've talked about. They're suing the FDA and HHS for not recommending hydroxy as a regular course of treatment for covid. Trump clearly rooting them on as they sue...um...his own administration.

We'll probably never have a clear answer why he has pushed this drug so hard as a "cure" against all counter-evidence. Refusal to admit he's wrong? Investments in companies that produce it? He wants people to distrust doctors so they blame them for the covid crisis instead of his administration? Just a strong desire for there to be a 'miracle' drug that'll make all his problems go away?

Fauci was just on Good Morning America and reiterated that there's overwhelming clinical evidence that hydroxy is ineffective against covid. He stands by the FDA.
            It is strange, for sure and the Trumpsters jump all over it. They so want Der Fuhrer to be right that the cling to every conspiracy theory or quack that posts a video on youtube touting it.

They are up in arms this morning because Facebook took down a video form a Nigerian "Doctor" in Louisiana that claimed that she was using it with 100% success rate.

This was one person's rebuttal to the video:

She isn't even board certified in her supossed areas of expertise. Her medical school info is scarce and the only thing I found was that she went to a medical college in Nigeria. She is a pediatrician that practices in Louisiana out of a strip mall. Her claim of volume of patients means that she would have seen 1/3 of all of the cases in her parish and that they were all kids. She is a quack, follow her youtube channel or check out her fire power ministry page. *Spoiler alert one of the links on her own page is actually misrouted and sends you to a page of naked women 🤦🏼‍♀️. There is another link on the page that takes you to her other nonsense about deflecting witchcraft. Research her yourselves but do not share this blindly. Research her and ask if you would put your family's life in her hands?? Trust science.
            PS. have my doctorate from USA's college of medicine. Please don't take my word on it. Check out this woman!!

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The physician that Trump retweeted believes sex with demons in your sleep causes endometriosis.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Some good news wrt the (add hysterics modifying adjective of choice), "surge of COVID cases in the SW and CA." Arizona, Florida, California and Texas - states spot-lighted in the news for having COVID spread "out of control," all have sharply down sloping splines for hospitalizations, CFR (caveat TX as DSL pointed out yesterday) and new cases (althouhg less sharply declining ). Out of control? This doesn't happen by accident. I said it in a post yesterday and it appears to be holding that human behavior is changing enough to dampen viral spread.This in turn dampens disease burden - it's called managing, not controlling.

In contrast, other countries are imposing harsh measures to restrict mobility and businesses in the face of evidence of localized disease spread, albeit, such spread on a much smaller level and more amenable to this strategy. Hong Kong has pretty much shuttered back up. The Chicoms have arrived. Sad.

The US is unlikely to get to these "smaller levels." One can make the case that while reopenings in US states caused a new case # surge, that occured in the context of improvements in HC system disease burden and stable or declining CFR. Price to be paid for keeping businesses generally unfettered? Personal judgement.

Fauci said today in a televised interview with George Stephanopolis - who pulls no punches - with a nod to the SW states and CA by acknowledging, "it appears they are turning the corner." He did continue a bit of his rant that some states reopened too soon and too quickly. Stephnopolis challenged by saying, "don't you think we need one, national strategy for reopening?" Good question and Fauci's response was, "there is one, guidelines were published, (implied) some states chose to ignore them." I think there is room for debate here.

I don't believe that Governors or local officials ignored the guidelines. My take is that they were generally conforming with them but, lack of compliance with local EOs and the human behavior that produced contributed to the spread of the virus and scuttled virus control. One can argue that should have been anticipated. Better messaging and directed PH announcements on local radio and TV could have helped but, generally and now, people are getting the message and businesses are too. We can see that in the numbers when they are contextualized.

Baseball, as was to be expected, is getting pilloried with unfortunate and baseless parallels to the risks of opening in general and specifically to schools. Just wrong. Editors have to know this but prefer shock and awe journalism.

Schools in GA re-open this week. That state is the first and of course, "teachers and children will die." I don't think so but I'll be watching and countering claims to that effect with the facts.

You know where I'm getting my data so, no links.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  The physician that Trump retweeted believes sex with demons in your sleep causes endometriosis.
                  I'm sure the truth is about halfway between the woman who believes sex with demons in the dream dimension causes impotence and Dr. Fauci

I saw where she vowed Jesus would destroy Facebook if it did not restore her medical videos.

Comment

• She is 200% quackadoodle. DJT would be well served by immediately distancing himself from her, but that’s just not a DJT move. I’m sure he will double down.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Some good news wrt the (add hysterics modifying adjective of choice), "surge of COVID cases in the SW and CA." Arizona, Florida, California and Texas - states spot-lighted in the news for having COVID spread "out of control," all have sharply down sloping splines for hospitalizations, CFR (caveat TX as DSL pointed out yesterday) and new cases (althouhg less sharply declining ). Out of control? This doesn't happen by accident. I said it in a post yesterday and it appears to be holding that human behavior is changing enough to dampen viral spread.This in turn dampens disease burden - it's called managing, not controlling.

In contrast, other countries are imposing harsh measures to restrict mobility and businesses in the face of evidence of localized disease spread, albeit, such spread on a much smaller level and more amenable to this strategy. Hong Kong has pretty much shuttered back up. The Chicoms have arrived. Sad.

The US is unlikely to get to these "smaller levels." One can make the case that while reopenings in US states caused a new case # surge, that occured in the context of improvements in HC system disease burden and stable or declining CFR. Price to be paid for keeping businesses generally unfettered? Personal judgement.

Fauci said today in a televised interview with George Stephanopolis - who pulls no punches - with a nod to the SW states and CA by acknowledging, "it appears they are turning the corner." He did continue a bit of his rant that some states reopened too soon and too quickly. Stephnopolis challenged by saying, "don't you think we need one, national strategy for reopening?" Good question and Fauci's response was, "there is one, guidelines were published, (implied) some states chose to ignore them." I think there is room for debate here.

I don't believe that Governors or local officials ignored the guidelines. My take is that they were generally conforming with them but, lack of compliance with local EOs and the human behavior that produced contributed to the spread of the virus and scuttled virus control. One can argue that should have been anticipated. Better messaging and directed PH announcements on local radio and TV could have helped but, generally and now, people are getting the message and businesses are too. We can see that in the numbers when they are contextualized.

Baseball, as was to be expected, is getting pilloried with unfortunate and baseless parallels to the risks of opening in general and specifically to schools. Just wrong. Editors have to know this but prefer shock and awe journalism.

Schools in GA re-open this week. That state is the first and of course, "teachers and children will die." I don't think so but I'll be watching and countering claims to that effect with the facts.

You know where I'm getting my data so, no links.
                      I can't believe I'm saying this, but great stuff, Buchanan. All those states with "surges" are still massively below the worst weeks of NY and NJ (and other NE States).

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I can't believe I'm saying this, but great stuff, Buchanan. All those states with "surges" are still massively below the worst weeks of NY and NJ (and other NE States).
                        I refuse to believe you read all that. You just took a glance, confirmed they were English words that appeared to be formed into sentences, and congratulated Dr. Jeff on another standout post.

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• KYR

Comment

• Christians in California defy Governor Newsome's demand that churches stop meeting. He'd probably have no problem with the Feds stepping in and stopping these meetings, but he'd cry like a baby if they try to stop rioters and looters.

Rioting and looting = constitutionally protected free speech

Going to church = dangerous activity that must be stopped

Thousands of Christians across California continue to sing and hold worship services in defiance of Gov. Gavin Newsom's coronavirus lockdown guidelines.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Police: Richmond riots instigated by white supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter

RICHMOND, Va. – Riots in downtown Richmond over the weekend were instigated by white supremacists under the guise of Black Lives Matter, according to law enforcement officials.

Protesters tore down police tape and pushed forward toward Richmond police headquarters, where they set a city dump truck on fire.

Police declared the event an “unlawful assembly” and ordered people to leave, later deploying tear gas.

Six people were arrested. The mayor of Richmond thanked the Black Lives Matter protesters he said tried to stop the white supremacists from spearheading the violence.

“Their mission is simple, not the Richmond we know,” said Mayor Levar Stoney.

Besides the police department, damage also occurred in and around the VCU campus.

Copyright 2020 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.

Comment

Working...
                                X