No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other news, Iran's military continues to train for a possible attack on a US carrier.

In today's exercise, a single Iranian helicopter flew over the mockup, fired a missile at it, and then had Iranian commandos repel down to the deck, where they seized control of the fake ship. The Iranian government hailed the operation as a tremendous success, and concluded that they are ready to destroy a US carrier any time they wish.

In Washington, Biden promised to give the Iranian military all the assistance they need in capturing a US carrier. "We don't want to be the world's bully", Biden said from his basement today, with Kamala Harris standing beside him, holding him up. "The US can afford to sacrifice one carrier group for the cause of peace". Immediately after his statement, Biden's poll numbers reached the highest level they've been in years.

TEHRAN, Iran  — Iran's paramilitary Revolutionary Guard fired a missile from a helicopter targeting a replica aircraft carrier in the strategic Strait of Hormuz on Tuesday, state television reported, an exercise aimed at threatening the U.S. amid tensions between Tehran and Washington.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post

Police: Richmond riots instigated by white supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter

RICHMOND, Va. – Riots in downtown Richmond over the weekend were instigated by white supremacists under the guise of Black Lives Matter, according to law enforcement officials.

Protesters tore down police tape and pushed forward toward Richmond police headquarters, where they set a city dump truck on fire.

Police declared the event an “unlawful assembly” and ordered people to leave, later deploying tear gas.

Six people were arrested. The mayor of Richmond thanked the Black Lives Matter protesters he said tried to stop the white supremacists from spearheading the violence.

“Their mission is simple, not the Richmond we know,” said Mayor Levar Stoney.

Besides the police department, damage also occurred in and around the VCU campus.

Copyright 2020 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.
      LMAO

Minneapolis already tried that approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        The physician that Trump retweeted believes sex with demons in your sleep causes endometriosis.
        Good Lord. That is the one that I was talking about.

The guy is dangerous

And this:

​​​​​​https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...6JxDiKR5SjoLNs

Twitter penalizes Donald Trump Jr. for posting hydroxychloroquine misinformation amid coronavirus pandemic

The social media giant said it ordered the president’s son to delete the misleading tweet

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post

Police: Richmond riots instigated by white supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter

RICHMOND, Va. – Riots in downtown Richmond over the weekend were instigated by white supremacists under the guise of Black Lives Matter, according to law enforcement officials.

Protesters tore down police tape and pushed forward toward Richmond police headquarters, where they set a city dump truck on fire.

Police declared the event an “unlawful assembly” and ordered people to leave, later deploying tear gas.

Six people were arrested. The mayor of Richmond thanked the Black Lives Matter protesters he said tried to stop the white supremacists from spearheading the violence.

“Their mission is simple, not the Richmond we know,” said Mayor Levar Stoney.

Besides the police department, damage also occurred in and around the VCU campus.

Copyright 2020 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.
          LOL

If nothing else, maybe they can arrest them under the "bad minstrel show act of 2020"....

... and they set fire to a dump truck?

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            Christians in California defy Governor Newsome's demand that churches stop meeting. He'd probably have no problem with the Feds stepping in and stopping these meetings, but he'd cry like a baby if they try to stop rioters and looters.

Rioting and looting = constitutionally protected free speech

Going to church = dangerous activity that must be stopped

Thousands of Christians across California continue to sing and hold worship services in defiance of Gov. Gavin Newsom's coronavirus lockdown guidelines.

At least 40 catch covid at a several-days-long church revival in Alabama.

Services were shut down by Friday after it was learned that one of the members who attended had tested positive for the virus, a church official says.

Comment

• Unfair, heathen ....... those circumstances are a lot different than a properly masked and distanced gathering in a church or outside. We have a very nice church right on our corner in FL. They've been holding small Sunday services inside no less and I've not heard about any infections ..... and you can bet the press would be all over it if there had been.

BTW, I'm agnostic so, no dog in this fight. I just respect Liney and since he has shielded me from the bitter cold in Ann Arbor on multiple occasions in the past, I owe him.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

At least 40 catch covid at a several-days-long church revival in Alabama.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-says-n1235046
                And 157 positive cases from a bar in East Lansing Michigan a couple weeks ago.

Maybe the church goers and the bar flies all need to become rioters and protesters. That seems to cause immunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  Unfair, heathen ....... those circumstances are a lot different than a properly masked and distanced gathering in a church or outside. We have a very nice church right on our corner in FL. They've been holding small Sunday services inside no less and I've not heard about any infections ..... and you can bet the press would be all over it if there had been.

BTW, I'm agnostic so, no dog in this fight. I just respect Liney and since he has shielded me from the bitter cold in Ann Arbor on multiple occasions in the past, I owe him.
                  That's okay Jeff. God loves agnostics too.

And .. if you and I ever attend another game together in Bloomington, YOU will sit on the windward side ... so bring your long johns ...

Comment

• LMAO

Minneapolis already tried that approach.
                    The unwillingness of the Marxists to blame their own for their own obvious and flagrant rioting is stunning. Even for me. Maybe not for you, but for me.

I don't know what it says about us that people actually think they can blame anything on the "white nationalist boogey man" and be believed. I don't even think people who believe it are THAT stupid; just incredibly dishonest. It's Orwellian/Stalinist/Maoist -- you know the drill.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I’m a card-carrying atheist. The church ban is horseshit up and until that pol says the protests must cease as well and enforcement of that edict is taken as seriously as policing an outdoor church service with masks and distancing. To imply protests are not an issue but people going to church is dangerous behavior is hypocritical.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• shaddup
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• AlabamAlum gets beatdown with a chicken drummette from the 8th best wings in West Central Nebraska.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Flats or drums? I usually go flats if I have a choice. Bleu cheese. Asian Zing. Celery. Beer.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Flats or drums? I usually go flats if I have a choice. Bleu cheese. Asian Zing. Celery. Beer.
                              Yep. Flats. I like a traditional Buffalo style. Anything other than blue cheese with wings is blasphemy. I like a lighter lager with hot food, especially wings.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Absolutely on the beer. I enjoy a nice porter or even an IPA as much as the next guy, but you need a guzzling beer with wings.

Comment

Working...
                                X