Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This made me lol

Comment

• It took but a few minutes for the anti-white racist lie about "white supremacists" being responsible for the Richmond riots to unravel.

Last edited by Hannibal; July 29, 2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• 1) Founders is my favorite Michigan brewery

2) Platform is a good brewery to follow if you constantly want to try new things, but you need to enjoy sours to get the most out of that place. But they regularly have one of the longest tap lists in Columbus (of people making their own stuff I mean). Land Grant's good for that too in that there's almost always something brand new on tap every week.

3) Agreed on the Kolsch. Essential summer beer

Comment

• Fascinating, isn't it? A black mayor blames the violence and rioting in his town on a secret conspiracy of white supremacists. A few minutes of finding the names and mugshots of the people who were arrested showed that it was a complete lie.
            Last edited by Hannibal; July 29, 2020, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Look who was at Comarica Park stealing signs last night - My Buddy Jake!

EeGEYwsWoAE9_n9?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

• I was a home brewer for quite a while, until I came to the conclusion that I couldn't drink beer and keep the gross tonnage down. I made all grain beers and had a four tap kegerator made from a freezer and about 10 kegs and I kept a solid pipeline going. I made a fermentation chamber out of an old refrigerator and controlled my temperatures form grain to glass. I made some really, really good beers and some not so good beers. My mosaic IPA was as good, if not better than anything I have ever bought. My vanilla cream ale sucked. I made a solid Kolsch, a double decoction Alt bier that was absolutely amazing and a vanilla porter that won awards, but quit sending beers to be judged once I started kegging quit bottling. Brewing really helped me develop my palate and has helped me to be able to pick up nuances wine and other foods as well. l can still drink a beer and make a pretty good guess at what kind of hops were used to brew it.

I think there is a time and a place for just about any beer, but I am not fond of malty beers like Scotch Ales and Marzens. I don't drink beer very often anymore.

Pictures of a Kolsch while I have a Heady Topper clone boiling away and my Kegerator with some tap handles I made
                11904640_10206252470702742_610682141040225615_n.jpg

66151_4952146093512_460711608_n.jpg
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Platform is a good brewery to follow if you constantly want to try new things, but you need to enjoy sours to get the most out of that place.
                  Yeah. I'm a sucker for new things, and completely agree re sours. Given the spate of 95 degree days, it felt like this was an appropriate summer to go waist deep into that genre, and I've found a couple decent options.

CGVT:

That's some solid work. I gotta say, though, vanilla porters aren't my thing. I love straight porters, but something about the vanilla ruins it for me. I should have tried yours.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Fascinating, isn't it? A black mayor blames the violence and rioting in his town on a secret conspiracy of white supremacists. A few minutes of finding the names and mugshots of the people who were arrested showed that it was a complete lie.
                    As I noted yesterday, there is no one brazenly stupid enough to believe the great "WHITE SUPREMACISTS DID IT!!!" lie. It's willful. The people pushing that lie are fundamentally Stalinists.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, I dunno. Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to judge the good mayor's claim of a white supremacy group's conspiracy to bring mayhem to his fair town. The guy with the spaghetti hair most definitely fits the description of your average white supremacist to a tee.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Louis Gohmert, one of last the last tea Party wackos who declines to wear a mask around the Capital, has tested positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          I was a home brewer for quite a while, until I came to the conclusion that I couldn't drink beer and keep the gross tonnage down. I made all grain beers and had a four tap kegerator made from a freezer and about 10 kegs and I kept a solid pipeline going. I made a fermentation chamber out of an old refrigerator and controlled my temperatures form grain to glass. I made some really, really good beers and some not so good beers. My mosaic IPA was as good, if not better than anything I have ever bought. My vanilla cream ale sucked. I made a solid Kolsch, a double decoction Alt bier that was absolutely amazing and a vanilla porter that won awards, but quit sending beers to be judged once I started kegging quit bottling. Brewing really helped me develop my palate and has helped me to be able to pick up nuances wine and other foods as well. l can still drink a beer and make a pretty good guess at what kind of hops were used to brew it.

I think there is a time and a place for just about any beer, but I am not fond of malty beers like Scotch Ales and Marzens. I don't drink beer very often anymore.
                          Yes, as a homebrewer and BJCP judge, I see that as well. While it could be easy to say that "good" brewers specialize in certain styles, "Great" brewers can do it all. It's all a matter of process discipline and knowing those "little details" of the recipes.

Regrettably, you aren't missing much by staying out of competitions. They've always been a crapshoot but they've taken a slide downwards in the last couple of years. A lot of experienced Judges, who had to wrestle with horribly aged imports and limited homebrew resources, are moving on. They knew BAD beer and found ways to make better examples. Now, even the worst craft beers are "mediocre". Everybody is mostly making "good" beers with few exceptions. It's a matter of when everything is "special", nothing is special. The latest guidelines are also problematic. They made a really good faith effort to revamp them a few years back, but made the fatal error of trying to please everyone. As a result, they're a complete mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            I

Pictures of a Kolsch while I have a Heady Topper clone boiling away and my Kegerator with some tap handles I made
                            11904640_10206252470702742_610682141040225615_n.jpg

66151_4952146093512_460711608_n.jpg
                            Nice!

Comment

• Minneapolis Police Reportedly Identify Viral 'Umbrella Man' As White Supremacist
                              • Facebook
                              • Twitter
                              • Flipboard
                              • Email

July 28, 202011:10 PM ET
                              RACHEL TREISMAN
                              Twitter

An Auto Zone store was among the Minneapolis buildings looted and damaged on May 27 during the protests against police violence. Police investigators reportedly have a suspect in the vandalism that preceded the burning of the store.

Stephen Maturen/Getty Images

Police say the masked, umbrella-wielding man who smashed windows at a Minneapolis auto parts store two days after George Floyd's death has ties to a white supremacist group and specifically sought to inflame racial tensions.

According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Minneapolis police arson investigator Erika Christensen wrote in a search warrant affidavit filed this week that the man's actions created a hostile atmosphere and sparked a series of events that turned previously peaceful protests chaotic. She said she believed his "sole aim was to incite violence."

Minneapolis police spokesperson John Elder told NPR he is unable to comment on the investigation, which is "open and active." NPR has not seen the affidavit and is not naming the man because he has not been charged with a crime.

Video of the individual breaking the windows of an AutoZone with a sledgehammer went viral this spring, prompting speculation about the identity of the so-called "Umbrella Man."

The Star Tribune reported that the man had also spray painted "free (expletive) for everyone zone" on the doors of the store, which was later burned to the ground.

In the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, roughly 500 businesses were damaged or looted, with nearly 70 of them burned to the ground.

"This was the first fire that set off a string of fires and looting throughout the precinct and the rest of the city," Christensen wrote in the affidavit, according to reports. "Until the actions of the person your affiant has been calling 'Umbrella Man,' the protests had been relatively peaceful."

NATIONAL

Violence Erupts As Outrage Over George Floyd's Death Spills Into A New Week

She also wrote that she had watched "innumerable hours" of social media videos in her search for the suspect, which was unsuccessful until a tip arrived in the police department's inbox last week.

The tipster identified the man as a Hell's Angels member, and said he "wanted to sow discord and racial unrest by breaking out the windows and writing what he did on the double red doors," reported the Star Tribune.

According to Minnesota Public Radio, community members have long suspected that outside extremists were trying to inflame tensions at demonstrations against racism and police brutality in the wake of Floyd's death, with some Twin Cities residents reporting seeing "white supremacist and other far-right imagery on vehicles that came into their neighborhoods during the protests."

While the man's face was obscured by a gas mask in the video, Christensen reportedly wrote in the affidavit that his height lines up with the video, and noted a "striking resemblance in the eye, nose bridge and brow area."

Multiple news outlets report that police also linked the man to an incident that took place in Stillwater, Minn., in June, when a group of men wearing white supremacist garb allegedly harassed a Muslim woman who was at a malt shop with her 4-year-old daughter.

The reports also say police link "Umbrella Man" and the Stillwater incident with the Aryan Cowboy Brotherhood, a small white supremacist prison and street gang primarily based in Minnesota and Kentucky

Comment

• Is this the same "Umbrella Man" from Dealey Plaza? These characters get around. Perhaps we'll find out that the Babushka Lady was the one who put those nooses on those NASCAR garages.

Comment

Working...
                                X