No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad train derailment and fire right in downtown Tempe, AZ.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation after a Union Pacific train derailed and caught fire on a bridge over Tempe Town Lake in Arizona, officials said Wednesday.

Comment

• The sheer audacity of the Left and it's williingness to lie is surprising, even to me. These people have zero interest in the truth or any sort of real public deliberations. They want to impose their worldview without question and by any means necessary.

This relatively garden-variety arrest turned into KIDNAPPING!!!!!! is yet another example of the Left's willingess to absolutely disregard any sort of truth in the name of hysteria and fear-mongering: https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...outine-arrest/

Last edited by iam416; July 29, 2020, 12:25 PM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Shouldn't they wait until they identify and actually charge someone before making that statement? So far a cop, than Antifa. My guess is the Penguin.

Comment

• My money (and a few beers) is on Colonel Mustard, with a lead pipe, in the conservatory..

Comment

• Heh, Politico reporter says that right after they published the story that Louis Gohmert has covid, one of his aides (not being disclosed) emailed them to complain that Gohmert makes his entire staff, including 3 interns, work in the office every day and none remotely. And that he berates those who have been caught wearing masks. Seems like he's well loved by all.

Comment

• I have little doubt that out of the thousands of retarded goons smashing windows, beating innocent bystanders, unlawfully blocking streets, attacking police officers, and throwing molotov cocktails and firecrackers, at least one of those somewhere is some sort of extreme right provocateur. When they find that one unicorn, the media is going to blame him for every burned building, injured police officer, and smashed window. Maybe "umbrella man" is that one guy. It is interesting though that by far the biggest riot-related manhunt is for that one guy. It's almost as if there is an agenda behind it all.

Comment

• A peaceful protest "intensified"

Comment

• White Nationalists at it again.

Comment

• This afternoon's Sun Sentinel headline for Broward Co: "BROWARD COUNTY MAYOR, DALE HOLNESS EXTENDS CURFEW AS NEW CASE #S AND DEATHS SURGE."

Holness said at a press conference that, "the situation in Broward County is grave." He's extending the curfew that was to end Saturday night through the weekend/ Woot.

New case numbers have averaged about 1000/d over the last 10 d (1700 to 800). Broward has a population of 2m - that's a 0.05 population rate of infection. The states, overall R(t) is 0.98. I expect the county's R(t) is around 1.1

The death rate is < 1%

Median age on a daily basis varies between 37 and 42 -IOW, infections are few among the more vulnerable age groups, disease burden is low..

Hospitalization rate is < 6% of total cases (53000) - that means of Broward's 2M residents, only 3180 have been sickened enough by the virus to be hospitalized and 49K have had mild or no symptoms. FFS ..... most infected folks - a lot of them for that matter - who don't need hospitalization recover!

There are around 17% of total ICU beds available..... and Broward is helping Miami-Dade with admissions from that County.

Admissions, ED visits for ILI or COVID like symptoms are all downward trending.

This is getting old. Is there community spread? Yes. Is it "grave?" Not even close.I get the messaging. You start telling people the things we are doing - curfews, limited alcohol sales, distancing /masking and enforcement are working, the folks will relax so, yeah, OK, extend the curfews and EOs. But the folks need a break from the stream of bad news. The mayor's remarks could have been more uplifting, i.e., we're seeing progress with the community's participation in decreasing the spread of the virus and we're doing that with limited but targeted restrictions so, with care and precautions you can enjoy the things Broward County has to offer. Keep up the good work.

Instead, an atmosphere of fear is created that keeps the folks at home, not venturing out to exercise, eat out or shop - all things that can be done safely - and sitting on their asses eating chips and dip, drinking sugary beverages and alcohol, getting fat, depressed, angry and yelling at their kids or worse.

Think about how fucked up all that is and how much the economic and social costs of the fear mongering is.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 29, 2020, 02:30 PM.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Board members favorite drinks (work in progress, will update as inspiration hits):

Jeff: Metamucil and tonic
                      DSL: YooHoo
                      Talent: Zima
                      Wiz: 10w30
                      Linesman: Ranch dressing
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Linesman: Ranch dressing
                        Dang... that's rough.

When I was drinking, I didn't mess with beer too much. The whole idea behind drinking in my mind, was to get drunk. So, I just went straight to Jim Beam, and that got me there quickly. Jack Daniels did a good job too, but my preference was Beam.

I never really developed a taste for beer. When I was in the service I tried Coors when I was stationed out west, and it wasn't bad. I tried Oly too, and it wasn't a lot better. I imagine some of the crafted beers are better than anything I've tried.

But, cheers to anyone who can do so in moderation.
                        Last edited by lineygoblue; July 29, 2020, 03:33 PM.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• AA: Irish Coffee
                          Kapture: Soy Milk
                          Stan: Malort

And I believe Talent prefers to sip his Zima using a Twizzler as a straw. Important detail

Comment

• You’ve had one too many Bud Light Seltzers.

Comment

• Bunch of lowbrows. Tantalize your palates with refined beverages such as TJ Swan, Boonesfarm, and MD2020.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• EeH124VWkAYKhNu?format=jpg&amp;name=medium.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X