No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking smug satisfaction in someone’s death=trash human being.

Cartoons don’t change that. Sorry.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Nice try, Drama Queen.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• He's right.

You disliked the man, and frankly, you're glad he's gone. He felt he could avoid the disease, but could not.

He got what he deserved, and you're glad.

Own it. Its actually okay to be that way in 2020.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          He's right.

You disliked the man, and frankly, you're glad he's gone. He felt he could avoid the disease, but could not.

He got what he deserved, and you're glad.

Own it. Its actually okay to be that way in 2020.
          Bullshit. I didn't give a shit about him one way or the other. He was inconsequential. Hell, the last time I heard of him he was running for President.

He made a bad choice against all good advice and it killed him. Just like the alligator guy.

I still don't give a shit about him one way or the other. I find humor in the fact that he let making a political point kill him. "Fuck that 'Rona!" " Fuck that alligator!" Same thing, different dumbass.

You are just pissed off because I am right. Talent, on the other hand, is just an overbearing asshole.

You should both own it. It's actually okay to be that way in 2020

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You're the one that considers Cain's death to be 'natural selection' as it relates to Darwin's beliefs. Not me.

I feel sad for the man, and his family because they lost a dad, father, brother and loved one.

And yes, I feel the same compassion for the family of Rep. Lewis. Just because someone doesn't believe the same as I do in politics doesn't mean I wish death upon them.

You are taking satisfaction in Mr. Cain's death, because Darwin's "natural selection" caught up with him, and he deserved it.

I see a big difference there.

And you're not right. But, I'll stop commenting on this so you can believe you're right, and claim victory/superiority

And FWIW, Mr. Cain was also suffering from Stage 4 colon cancer.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• "And FWIW, Mr. Cain was also suffering from Stage 4 colon cancer."

It's really not worth a shit because he'd still be alive today if he hadn't caught COVID.

No satisfaction in his death. As I said earlier, I really don't give a shit about him one way or another.

Now, if Rush Limbaugh caught the 'Rona and died...

Comment

• You are right on one count: talent is an overbearing asshole ......

Wrong on another: Your take on Cain's death.

The Darwin natural selection thing you posted is out there. So is the alligator analogy that suggests stupid people that die from being stupid deserve death. The words you chose to describe Cain's death, as I read them, implies a level of satisfaction with it. Then you go on to state you'd take satisfaction in Rush Limbaugh's death from "Rona." Those positions stated in a public forum can't be defended and are appropriately assailable.

I'm pretty sure I know where you stand on this. Pretty sure I know where Linesman and talent stand. You're a member of the US Coastguard, right? I don't find the thinking you expressed here as honorable or consistent with the higher standards uniformed US service members are held to. The folks in this forum, including me, a fellow uniformed service member, are taking issue with and holding you accountable for positions like that. The court of public opinion is serving it's just deserts.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Oh FFS. Lighten up you tight assed bitches.

The Limbaugh thing was a joke.

The court of public opinion? No. The court of Get off of my lawn, self righteous indignation and Holier than Thou is speaking.

No satisfaction with Cains death, just a touch of irony

Here was a tweet that Cain made when this started.

Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 6.39.23 AM.png

You can't make this shit up.

Last edited by CGVT; July 31, 2020, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• The words you chose to describe Cain's death, as I read them, implies a level of satisfaction with it. Then you go on to state you'd take satisfaction in Rush Limbaugh's death from "Rona." Those positions stated in a public forum can't be defended and are appropriately assailable.
                    Well said Jeff, you cant walk those statements back, sorry. Close minded people blinded by politics.

Comment

• It's been called out. I'd suggest moving on at this point. Surely Strangelove can provide with a treasure trove of awful information to lead us into the weekend.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• In COVID news this morning ....... Florida shut down it's testing sites in preparation for the effects of Hurricane Isaias and won't reopen until Wednesday next week. Best news I've heard in weeks. I'm hoping deaths will go unreported until Thursday as well. Sure, they're rising and deaths matter but, I already went through the math on that. You take those daily numbers out of context like what is being done all the time by news reports and the media is as misleading as I think it has ever been in my memory..... then there is Baghdad Bob so, there is that.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Oh come on. You all are acting like CGVT went to one of your relative’s funerals and pulled down his pants and pissed on the coffin while shooting birds at the mourners because of a Darwin meme or saying Cain got what he deserved.

Is that distasteful? Yeah. Sure. But whatever. Making a joke about a celebrity (for lack of a better word) death is an old and time-honored event. This isn’t someone close to any of us. Fuck off all of you with the moral outrage.

This is the first celebrity death joke I remember making:

“If Mama Cass Elliot had just shared that ham sandwich with Karen Carpenter, they’d both be alive today.” (for the young ones, Karen died from heart issues secondary to anorexia and Mama Cass’ publicist put out the story that she choked to death on a sandwich).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Too soon, AA. Too soon

Comment

• Q: Did you know that Christa McAuliffe was blue eyed?
                              A: One blew left and one blew right.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Anyway, RIP, Mr. Cain. You will be missed.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X