Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    The atheists of today want nothing of the sort despite the fringe group of extremists you mentioned. The thought that Christians in the US are persecuted is just not true.
    Bibles being burned by protesters in Portland.

I'd call this persecution.

And the Democrat leaders of the state of Oregon, and Democrats in Washington were totally silent about this.

No Korans were burned. No other religious materials were burned.

Just a Bible and a US flag.

And the people who remained silent about all this will be in total control of the country next year at this time.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I know some very devout progressives and they are certainly not the exception when it comes to religion. I challenge you to go to a black church, sit through the service, and then tell me how anti-Christian those evil 'lefties' are.

Burning a flag and Bible? I thank those for publicly identifying themselves as idiots with no concept of the rights they are privileged to have. They do that nonsense for the attention and media presence. Don't give them what they want. They are like the conservatives at Charlottesville with their tiki torches. Was it newsworthy? Yes, but there should have been no images of those clowns. Deny them what they crave the most - attention.

I am Christian, I am fairly aware of my surroundings, and I see no movement against religion. I hear fear mongering to rally the faithful but I have yet to see any manifestations beyond immature individuals acting in a provocative manner. A lot of this seems to me to be the result of our hyper partisan culture. If we're not culturally at each other's throats in a Us vs Them cage match, then all we're left with is (horrified gasp) cooperation.

Religion is in no danger in this land. But there is an endless supply of idiots of all stripes that will provide any POV with a pathetic example.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Bibles being burned by protesters in Portland.

I'd call this persecution.

And the Democrat leaders of the state of Oregon, and Democrats in Washington were totally silent about this.

No Korans were burned. No other religious materials were burned.

Just a Bible and a US flag.

And the people who remained silent about all this will be in total control of the country next year at this time.
        Come on. Burning bibles is NOT persecution. Burning a bible is someone taking property they own and setting it ablaze to make some misguided statement by destroying an inanimate object. Likewise, you burning a Koran (like the Florida preacher did) isn’t persecuting Muslims and people burning the Torah (like the KKK used to do) is not persecuting Jews. You can extend this to anytime someone takes property they own and burns it to make a statement. For example, the conservatives who burned Kaep jerseys weren’t actually persecuting him. When I burned the 8x10 signed photo of Dennis Francione, I wasn’t persecuting him. I wanted to, but all I could do was impotently burn some pic of him I owned.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I've got to agree with Jon here.

Comment

• I know some very devout progressives and they are certainly not the exception when it comes to religion. I challenge you to go to a black church, sit through the service, and then tell me how anti-Christian those evil 'lefties' are.
            AAs are not some sort of uniform blob that thinks the same, despite what Joe Biden and Progressives say. They are as diverse in thought as, you know, white people. AAs tend to be MORE socially conservative than white folks precisely because of the general strength of the church in AA communities. They still vote D, but they ain't Progressive. In fact, the narrative of the D Primary was how AA voters saved the establishment D and rejected the Progressive.

When it comes to baking cakes for gay weddings, those church-going black folks side with Rs way more than they do Opiate of the Masses Progressives.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• AA’s? Argh. The “Joe West of PostingTM” strikes again.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• When will mob actions start to qualify as persecution?

What will it take, in your minds, to say that there is organized religious persecution in the US?

If I were to say, "Gays are persecuted in the US", I'd probably get a solid and even unanimous group of "amens" in here.

BLM has actually gone in to church services and interrupted them. They've blocked entrances to doors of churches.

Is that persecution? No? Really? Would it be persecution if the KKK blocked doors to black churches?

These are the people who are demanding changes to their POV. They're not 'asking for a seat at the table', or "reasoning together". They have demands, and they want them met, or they're going to instigate more violence. "No Justice, No peace". Right?

Their motto is accurate. They want no justice, and they want no peace.

Comment

• I challenge you to go to a black church, sit through the service, and then tell me how anti-Christian those evil 'lefties' are.
                  Well, I'll give you half a point on this. I have known many wonderful Christian folks who attend the Church of God in Christ (commonly known as COGIC) and they are Godly people, and are always welcoming to white folks in their services. Some of their pastors have strayed into political commentary from the pulpit, but for the most part, they stay out of politics from the pulpit.

But, I don't believe I'd be as welcome in a African Methodist Episcopal (AME) church or at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta. Obama's pastor Jeremiah Wright was openly belligerent against white folks, yet he was routinely excused for his outbursts. I wouldn't go within 10 miles of his church. And IF Jesse and Al attend church ANYWHERE nowadays, I don't think I'd be welcome in their congregations, and I wouldn't walk across the street to hear either of them from the pulpit.

Comment

• Next thing you know they'll want to take away Christmas.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Next thing you know they'll want to take away Christmas.

You know of course, that has already been suggested. That's old news.

Many groups have stated that government workers should not receive paid holidays for Christmas.

Comment

• People suggest a lot of things. They say the world is flat and that there is a kindly bearded Sky dad and numerous other things. And honestly, a set paid holiday for Christmas, or any other religious holiday, is a bad idea. They should be floating holidays. If you want Hanukkah or Ramadan off instead, it should be okay.

Comment

• AlabamAyatollah calls for an end to Christmas; says Ramadan okay

Comment

• So long as they don't touch Festivus.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha are the only holidays you need!

Comment

• LALALALALALALALALALALA!

Comment

Working...
                                X