No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: GoodYear: The slide may not be a part of their corporate diversity training; it was at the Topeka office. And they won’t say that the content presented there is counter to their corporate philosophy.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Its all typical big corporation butt-kissing. They're falling all over themselves to get out in front of the politics surrounding the "blm" movement, and they think if they show quick approval, it will fatten their profits, and make them look good to the public.

Problem is, the looters and rioters that 'blm' is so proud of will just as quickly burn down and loot a Goodyear tire store, as they will a Wendys. They are lawless. They don't want lawful justice or a lawful society. They want what they want, and if they don't get it they'll take it, or punish those who do have it.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Good find, AA.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          Its all typical big corporation butt-kissing. They're falling all over themselves to get out in front of the politics surrounding the "blm" movement, and they think if they show quick approval, it will fatten their profits, and make them look good to the public.

Problem is, the looters and rioters that 'blm' is so proud of will just as quickly burn down and loot a Goodyear tire store, as they will a Wendys. They are lawless. They don't want lawful justice or a lawful society. They want what they want, and if they don't get it they'll take it, or punish those who do have it.
          That's what happens when you think Facebook is representative of the real world.

Comment

• Thom Brennaman' s career s over...
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Thom Brennaman' s career s over...
              So is this dude, who I 've never heard of before. But then, I don't listen to country and don't watch Squidbillies. He called Dolly Parton a "freak-titted old bimbo and slut" who had "forsaken her own race".

Actor Stuart D. Baker has been ousted from his longtime role on the Adult Swim show "Squidbillies" for the offensive language he used to critique Dolly Parton and her latest comments about the Black Lives Matter movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

So is this dude, who I 've never heard of before. But then, I don't listen to country and don't watch Squidbillies. He called Dolly Parton a "freak-titted old bimbo and slut" who had "forsaken her own race".

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...k-lives-matter
                I saw that earlier. I don't know who he is either, but yes, he is fucked.

Brennaman:

https://www.fox19.com/2020/08/19/red...LRKqqnIBIOXqsE
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  re: GoodYear: The slide may not be a part of their corporate diversity training; it was at the Topeka office. And they won’t say that the content presented there is counter to their corporate philosophy.

https://www.wibw.com/2020/08/18/good...iscriminatory/
                  MAGA hats are clearly political and any company has a right to ban that stuff. They have a right to ban only Democrat gear too if they really want to go that route. There's no requirement they treat the entire political spectrum equally.

"Blue Lives Matter" and "Black Lives Matter" is entering a grayzone. Is displying a gay pride flag at work a political statement or an equality statement or is there no difference between the two?

Let's just go on the record though and point out that Trump's only initial objection was to the "no MAGA hats" policy, which is probably shared by most workplaces across the country. He initially said nothing about the "Blue Lives Matter" stuff.

Comment

• Watch Larry Kudlow struggle to explain what exactly the President meant by the US getting a "cut" of any TikTok deal.

Second anchor says this sounds like something that would happen in Venezuela. Larry pretends not to hear her question to buy himself time to think of some BS to cover his ass, then basically says he has no idea what Trump meant or how it would work but he's sure it's the greatest deal anyone could imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      re: GoodYear: The slide may not be a part of their corporate diversity training; it was at the Topeka office. And they won’t say that the content presented there is counter to their corporate philosophy.

https://www.wibw.com/2020/08/18/good...iscriminatory/
                      The mealy-mouthed explanation that they gave confirmed that the slide shown in the picture is true.

Comment

• DSL’s argument stages:

1. That’s not actually what’s happening. Read the Goodyear statement. (tacit acknowledgement that it ain’t right).

2. Ha ha, look at the CANCEL CULTURE warriors!!! (realizing it actually is happening—default to snark).

3. Ohio republicans don’t seem to mind. (Trying to muster up something better than snark).

4. Eh, they’re a private business; they can do what they want. (stating the blindingly obvious).

Meanwhile the point remains — this is what “inclusive” means in America. Period. Full stop. As Hannibal correctly notes—when it becomes corporate it’s entrenched.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          DSL’s argument stages:

1. That’s not actually what’s happening. Read the Goodyear statement. (tacit acknowledgement that it ain’t right).

2. Ha ha, look at the CANCEL CULTURE warriors!!! (realizing it actually is happening—default to snark).

3. Ohio republicans don’t seem to mind. (Trying to muster up something better than snark).

4. Eh, they’re a private business; they can do what they want. (Resorting the the blindingly obvious).

Meanwhile the point remains — this is what “inclusive” means in America. Period. Full stop. As Hannibal correctly notes—when it becomes corporate it’s entrenched.
                          Meanwhile your argument that the BLM platform is Marxist therefore anyone supporting BLM is Marxist is like claiming that anyone who votes Dem or votes Republican has read and agrees with 100% of what's written down in the party platform. They don't.

But also, glad you agree with me on at least 3 of those 4 points and agree I stated things better than you could. Appreciate it.

Comment

• Open the floor for debate but in terms of giving a speech, Reagan and Obama the two best Presidents since WWII? Imagine Kennedy or Clinton might get a vote

I would personally give a shout out to Eisenhower’s “military-industrial complex” speech which all historians still remember but is largely forgotten among the general public. Maybe not expertly delivered but very significant and farsighted, particularly given who spoke the words.

Comment

• DSL,

Forget Trump. I believe allowing employees to display political commentary (and let’s not kid ourselves, BLM IS political) of one stripe and not another Blue Lives, for example), is horrible policy. They deserve the controversy, scorn, and stock drop they are experiencing.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Open the floor for debate but in terms of giving a speech, Reagan and Obama the two best Presidents since WWII? Imagine Kennedy or Clinton might get a vote
                                I'll bite. I'll probably regret it, but here goes:

Reagan, in spite of his fame and riches, found a way to connect with a wide swath of ordinary Americans. Southern democrats liked him. Northern fence-sitters liked him. And after the assassination attempt on his life, it was hard to dislike the man. I believe his Alzheimers was of the early onset type, and started to show about a year into his 2nd term. The press hammered him mercilessly, where in contrast in today's politics, Joe is getting a free pass for showing the same symptoms. I hope I'm wrong about Joe. I don't wish Alzheimer's on anyone.

Obama was (and is) a product of the mainstream media. A promotion by the privileged left, the media and Hollywood types that successfully portrayed him as a moderate, when he was really a firm leftist. He bamboozled thousands of Christian voters into voting for him because he claimed to be "a blood-bought child of God", which is a phrase that resonates very well with Evangelicals. If you're not sure what that means, look it up. He still has a lot of people fooled today. He and his family were the most self-serving bunch to ever live in the WH.

I remember bits and pieces about JFK. I was only 10 when he was killed, and we didn't have a television during all the years he was President. But I remember people loved him, from all political stripes. From what I know, he handled the Cuban missile crisis about as well as it could be done. I remember his "ask not" speech, and his promise to put a man on the moon before 1970. I thought he was a decent man.

Clinton treated his presidency like he was a hormone-crazed college sophomore turned loose in a sorority house. And America loved it, and would have likely made him President a 3rd and 4th time. He perfected the 'sneer' when he would speak about people that opposed him. Obama did the same thing. He knew how to win elections. He probably would have beaten FDR's record for terms served had the 22nd Amendment not stopped him.
                                Last edited by lineygoblue; August 19, 2020, 11:35 PM.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X