Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Update: All NBA games have been postponed.

Will anyone notice?
    Hey millionaire and mostly uneducated athletes:

unimpressed spongebob squarepants GIF
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Correct
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The guy who pulled a gun and lost a major chunk of his forearm for his trouble will be just fine, don't worry.

EgXWxkZUYAAviRc?format=jpg&name=360x360.jpg

Comment

• Here is an interview with the shooter, shortly before the shooting. He says that he is there to protect property and he offers medical help at the end of the interview.

Doesn't exactly fit the gun-totin' redneck vigilante stereotype.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            You chase me with a pistol, you’re going to get shot.

An angry mob chases me and shouts “Let’s get him!” and I run and then you start hitting me with something while I am on the ground, I am shooting you there, too.

No idea about the other guy.
            There have been a lot of posts here so it's easy to miss, But I posted video of the first guy getting shot, as well as video of him taunting the militiamen saying "shoot me, nigga!".. Suffice it to say, he was not a peaceful protestor and he was not going to cure cancer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Hey millionaire and mostly uneducated athletes:

unimpressed spongebob squarepants GIF
              It's hard to find anything the NBA takes a stand on to be very credible because of how cowardly they've been regarding their relationship towards China...

...and yet at the same time, the NBA gets way more criticism than almost any other American company that has a cozy relationship with the CCP. *Cough* Apple *Cough*

In the end the political views of an athlete or celebrity should carry no more weight than you'd give anyone else. But probably no less either.

FWIW, the Brewers & Reds game has been canceled for the same reasons. Talk other baseball teams might sit.

Comment

• Agree.
                I don't give a shit about the opinions of celebs and athletes with loud voices (thanks to social media). More so celebs, who are so out of touch with reality. Many of these people are uneducated.
                When Twitter dies, the world will be a better place.

NBA players. If you are serious about sending a message, donate 90%+ of your salary to charity/ social causes and leave the bubble. Boycotting one game when you ***literally have nothing to lose*** doesn't move the needle.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I’m not sure Apple positions itself as social justice warriors whilst kowtowing to China.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• More footage of Kenosha devastation.

Entire city blocks wrecked.

And DSL (like a typical Leftist) reserves his ire for the militiamen. Hey it's not worth trying to prevent just a few broken windows amirite?
                    Last edited by Hannibal; August 26, 2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      I’m not sure Apple positions itself as social justice warriors whilst kowtowing to China.
                      Yeah I mean I get that side of it. The NBA are bigger hypocrites (Although Apple ain’t exactly silent on the whole social justice thing). So they’re more obnoxious. Could prob make a case Apple and other companies are doing more to endanger nat security though

Comment

• Adrian Wojonowski at ESPN says there's going to be a league-wide players meeting tonight at the "bubble" in Orlando, and that the discussion may be about whether the season continues or not.

IMO, the season should never have been re-started to begin with. There's only 2 reasons why they continued the season. First, the owners wanted to at least salvage their TV money and second, LeBron needs another championship.

It's hard to find anything the NBA takes a stand on to be very credible because of how cowardly they've been regarding their relationship towards China...
                        ye gads ... Strangelove and I agree on something ...
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Laura is almost a Cat 5 now

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Yeah I mean I get that side of it. The NBA are bigger hypocrites (Although Apple ain’t exactly silent on the whole social justice thing). So they’re more obnoxious. Could prob make a case Apple and other companies are doing more to endanger nat security though
                            There's going to have to be a reckoning with China once this is all over. We are heavily intertwined with China. Punishing them for the Covid-19 pandemic or distancing ourselves from them won't be easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              As far as the rioting going down in Kenosha, it's small potatoes compared to the hit the oil and chemical economy is going to take from Hurricane Laura. I just filled both cars at 1.99/gallon in S. FL. I expect gas will be well above $2.75 down here in 48h, more if you are far away from pipelines.

https://www.icis.com/explore/resourc...f-sbr-capacity
                              To return to this real quick, I could be crazy but I think every gas station I pass on the way to work went up 25-30 cents during the day today.

Comment

• It must be panic buying. The country is way overcapacity on Refining right now with demand cut way back due to Covid.

Comment

Working...
                                X