Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use Ammunition Depot. I have found their service and prices a bit better:

Ammunition Depot offers a huge selection of top guns and ammo brands at low prices. Bulk ammo, guns, magazines, and more! Guaranteed in stock and ready to ship.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Out here where I live, some folks are making their own ammo. Deer slugs for shotguns are popular right now.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

That's the result of the obsession with bad statistics. The dems are only looking at social media, internet hits and TV numbers- how many people react and where they fall. Sure, they see the reactions in favor of this insanity outnumbering the fools who stick their red necks out condemning them. They fail to take into account those of us who are too busy and frustrated to waste our time arguing. That's likely a majority and it's probably skewed, and trending, to the "enough of this bullshit" side.
        A lot of media folks and liberal Dems live in the Acela bubble. You're not wrong about that. Some of the most parochial people I've ever met lived in NYC.

But a lot of conservatives have also enclosed themselves in a bubble and the only things they know, hear, or understand about Dems is what's filtered to them through Breitbart, Fox, Rush Limbaugh, or some other conservative media. These are the people who actually believe clowns like Dan Bongino when he predicts Trump will win 400+ electoral votes.

The media landscape has become impossibly fractured, beginning with the introduction of cable tv. The media once had an incentive to find a sort of middle ground but now everything is a niche audience. And you keep your niche audience by confirming their beliefs, not challenging them.

Comment

• My experience with Cheaper than Dirt is anything but cheap. Not for Ammo anyway. Only thing going for them is they have stock mainly because only the most desperate buy from them'

I got out of reloading years ago but from what I hear primers are almost as hard to get as 9mm.

I went to the range yesterday and feel like I lost half my net worth....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

A lot of media folks and liberal Dems live in the Acela bubble. You're not wrong about that. Some of the most parochial people I've ever met lived in NYC.

But a lot of conservatives have also enclosed themselves in a bubble and the only things they know, hear, or understand about Dems is what's filtered to them through Breitbart, Fox, Rush Limbaugh, or some other conservative media. These are the people who actually believe clowns like Dan Bongino when he predicts Trump will win 400+ electoral votes.

The media landscape has become impossibly fractured, beginning with the introduction of cable tv. The media once had an incentive to find a sort of middle ground but now everything is a niche audience. And you keep your niche audience by confirming their beliefs, not challenging them.
            All of that is fair, and true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

If that's the case they better start pulling for Trump. Without the evil orange man to battle their ratings will collapse.

Comment

• Conservatives get a lot more cross-the-aisle media than Liberals. It's not out of a sense of intellectual curiosity, but because the cross-the-aisle media is still the "official" story, and people like myself get bombarded with it in our news feeds unless we make an effort to filter it in a specific way. You do not have to actively seek out the narrative being sold by the New York Times. You do have to actively seek out the narrative being sold by Breitbart. You don't have to actively seek out a photograph of officer Chauvin kneeling on George Floyd. You do have to actively seek out information about George Floyd's criminal record, the autopsy that showed him pumped full of fentanyl, and the bodycam footage that shows him in an agitated state resisting arrest. You do not have to actively seek out a headline about Kyle Rittenberg indiscriminately firing into a crowd of peaceful protesters as if he were trying to reeanct the famous Boston Massacre painting. You do have to actively seek out real footage of the shootings to see that it is the most obvious case of self defense imaginable. CNN will never show you that footage without heavy editing.

There is a wealth of conflicting information out there, but only one side gets told.
                Last edited by Hannibal; August 27, 2020, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• TV ratings/ "cable" has been declining overall anyways.
                  Was curious to see how the NBA was doing last night (playoffs ratings down ~20%) and read that PUT (people using TV) is down. Streaming services way up.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Internet sleuths have begun to dig up information on the three guys that were shot by Kyle Rittenhouse.

"Victim" #1 was this guy.

JOSEPH-172556.jpg

Arizona State Prison Inmate Details for JOSEPH, ROSENBAUM
                    A02 10 Y/ 0 M/ 0 D PIMA 20021139 03/27/2002 IMPOSED SEXUAL CONDUCT W MINOR D/NR CL3 Y YES
                    B05 2 Y/ 6 M/ 0 D PIMA 20021139001 03/27/2002 IMPOSED SEXUAL CONDUCT W MINOR ND/NR CL3 Y YES
                    C01 2 Y/ 6 M/ 0 D PIMA 20143306001 07/29/2014 IMPOSED INTERF MONITOR DEVICE ND/NR CL4 Y YES
                    Sex offender (sex offenses against children I might add) with a mile long list of violent infractions while he was in prison. Absolute human garbage. Good fucking riddance.

These are the people that populate the ranks of Antifa and BLM. It's not exactly difficult to see this guy being a really dumb aggressor in a fight and getting shot as a result. These are the "mostly peaceful' protesters. Watch CNN and the New York Times in the coming days to see how much they try and paint this guy as a noble hero.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; August 27, 2020, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• And a lot of libs believe convicted felons like him should be able to vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        And a lot of libs believe convicted felons like him should be able to vote.
                        Once you’ve paid your debt to society? Yep, I do. I don’t think you should have you right to vote stripped for the rest of your life in a lot of cases. Hell, there are a couple states that allow current inmates to vote.

Comment

• Yeah, it'd be important to get the Charles Manson vote.

The Jeffrey Dahmer endorsement might be a bit tougher to obtain ...

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            Yeah, it'd be important to get the Charles Manson vote.

The Jeffrey Dahmer endorsement might be a bit tougher to obtain ...
                            Well you'll be pleased to know that if you go on a killing spree in Vermont or Maine, you'll still be able to vote from prison.

Comment

• I have nothing to worry about. I don't plan to go on a killing spree anywhere.

Comment

• Big fire and reports of a chlorine leak at a chemical plant or refinery west of Lake Charles

Comment

Working...
                                X