No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in the Kenosha bull-shit is the media narrative that Trump has "directed" the CDC to recommend local public health authorities decrease testing because Trump thinks that increased testing is making the US look bad, adding that Fauci didn't sign off on this. Oooooh.

Here are some facts:
    • Fauci was in minor surgery yesterday to remove polyps from his vocal cords. At least that's been reported, not the details but the reason he didn't "sign-off on this directive" is because he wasn't there. LOL
    • I've explained at length here why the RT-PCR (cotton swab down your nasopharynx), molecular tests are terrible for screening and surveillance. They are fine for diagnosing when you need certainty of a COVID infection as in a hospital setting.
    • It makes sense to stop using these things as screening and surveillance tools and start using COVID tests that are better at that. They're out there but not in wide use presently due to the FDAs approval process, a good thing BTW.
    • Enter Abbot's COVID antigen detecting cassette that will give results in15 minutes with 97% sensitivity that received EUA yesterday. Abbot also has the capacity to manufacture a shit-ton of them.
    • That's why Abbot got EUA ahead of some of the smaller guys that I talked about last week. There are other large pharmaceutical companies that are in on this mostly because they can mass produce them at scale and have said they can do that by mid-October.
    • We'll see more of what is truly rapid, point of care testing going forward and testing is just as important, maybe more so, when a vaccine is introduced to the general population.
    The CDC is probably in the process of altering it's over-all testing strategy. If I'm correct about this, its the paradigm shift that I have posted about being required to get this thing under control. Currently, a HC professional has to administer the test which limits it's widespread use IMO but, it's a tradeoff if between being able to control data derived from them and open market availability for public use without such control.

Of course, once you ID a case, you have to be able to track it (one of the reasons you can't just make these available like picking-up a home pregnancy test at your local pharmacy). I can only speak for FL and granularly in the S. FL tri-county region. There has been a concerted effort to involve all sorts of available human resources to carry out the trace and track function. It's working. FL's % positive rates have been hovering around 7% for 2w. S. FL is doing really well with Palm Beach County under 5% for 2w and moving to Phase II reopenings.

This is the kind of nitty gritty stuff that is important. Does it get reported? Nope. See the upthread discussion about how hard it is to get both sides or complete coverage of important shit out of the media.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 27, 2020, 11:19 AM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• "Victim" #2 -- the shithead who was beating Kyle Rittenhouse with his skateboard while he was on the ground and then got shot after trying to grab the business end of an AR-15.

Anthony Huber. Surprise, surprise, he has a rap sheet too.

EgZVoHvWkAAkTKK?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Multiple counts of domestic abuse. What a standup guy. I wonder if he was beating his wife or girlfriend with a skateboard.
      Last edited by Hannibal; August 27, 2020, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Big fire and reports of a chlorine leak at a chemical plant or refinery west of Lake Charles

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...ur/5644167002/
        I also read that it appears that refineries and chemical plants "narrowly missed" taking a hit from Laura. As well, local FEMA officials on the ground are saying the storm surge wasn't as bad as first feared. News of damage is still spotty so, it's hard to tell what the economic impact will be.

In related news, the media will be all over climate change as a source or "devastating" Hurricanes like Laura. An interesting article appeared in my local paper today from climate researches that chart conditions that feed weather systems. It was pointed out the reductions in pollution have heated the African continent and when this super-heated air moves off shore from the land it heats the ocean surface temps, such hotter water feeding the intensity of developing low pressure systems this time of year.

It was also noted that the numbers of hurricanes in a season varies in a pattern that goes back to the late 1800s when this stuff was first recorded and tracked. We're in an up-cycle right now that over time will dissipate if the pattern holds. That is because colder eastern and north atlantic waters will cyclically drift in and out of the waters NW of Africa that spawn low pressure systems that then turn into tropical depressions > tropical storms > hurricanes as they move over the Lesser Antilles then into the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico or slide up the E cost of the US.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Iowa saw its largest single day increase in cases today so the Governor is ordering all bars, nightclubs, and breweries in six major counties to close until Sept. 20. They are blaming the sudden surge on college students (Ames and Iowa City are in two of the counties getting shut down orders)

Comment

• Not going to do a lot of good if it is the students congregating in the dorms or at frat parties, etc.

Comment

• LOL @ the NBA. I wish the B10 was as big a bunch of flip-flopping pussies as the NBA players. Fucking hell.

Instead, I get a sport I don't give two shits about whilst Ohio State sits around and watches Wake Forest battle Duke.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Jeff- yeah BioLab has confirmed the fire is at their plant. They make chlorine for pools and other cleaning products

Thick smoke poured from a large fire burning at a chemical plant alongside Interstate 10 near Lake Charles, Louisiana. - Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  LOL @ the NBA. I wish the B10 was as big a bunch of flip-flopping pussies as the NBA players. Fucking hell.

Instead, I get a sport I don't give two shits about whilst Ohio State sits around and watches Wake Forest battle Duke.
                  Hopefully you get WF vs. Duke. I think that you might see the ACC cancel at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    LOL @ the NBA. I wish the B10 was as big a bunch of flip-flopping pussies as the NBA players. Fucking hell.

All NBA playoff games cancelled yesterday...which pissed off the 15 fans who were all set to watch...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Just a quick reminder of what happens when you don't defend yourself against the Kenosha mob: https://nypost.com/2020/08/26/elderl...as-jaw-broken/

A 70-yr old gets his jaw broken and store burned. All in the name of social "justice." And if he had defended himself Ds would have shit themselves crazy for the gall of someone to stand up to thugs. Errr, I mean peaceful protestors.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Third "victim" (the guy who got a chunk of his arm blown off): Gaige Grosskreutz

This guy is actually a good guy.

LOL Just kidding. He's a piece of shit too. Member of the People's Revolution Movement. Felony record. I'm pretty sure that he's not allowed to carry the firearm that he has been pictured with.
                        EgZvvgjVoAIiHU2?format=png&name=small.png

For those of you tracking at home, that's three for three. Three BLM/Antifa rioters shot in obvious self defense. Three martyrs for DSL. Three criminals. It's almost as if there's a pattern here.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; August 27, 2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• P4THCbxfxr.jpg

Comment

• nZs2uqN2pR.jpg

Comment

• Bhu9bx1sKm.jpg

Comment

• Hopefully, some of you who still don't seem to get it will understand some day.

Maybe this will help.

Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
                                X