Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Just a quick reminder of what happens when you don't defend yourself against the Kenosha mob: https://nypost.com/2020/08/26/elderl...as-jaw-broken/

A 70-yr old gets his jaw broken and store burned. All in the name of social "justice." And if he had defended himself Ds would have shit themselves crazy for the gall of someone to stand up to thugs. Errr, I mean peaceful protestors.
    Why get so upset about a few broken windows, bro?

Comment

• Hopefully, some of you who still don't seem to get it will understand some day.
      I understand perfectly.

If I am driving down the street, and I am pulled over by a black police officer, and he approaches my vehicle with his gun drawn, telling me that my car resembles a vehicle that just fled from the scene of a bank robbery, I'm going to fully cooperate with the officer, and let him see that I'm not the guy he's looking for. I'm certainly NOT going to challenge him to a fight, just because he's black and I'm white. If I happen to have a weapon on me, I'm going to tell him that I've got it, and I'm going to tell him where it is. I'm going to FULLY cooperate with his commands, SO I DON'T GET SHOT.

Now, if I'm a convicted felon, have current active warrants, and I'm armed, I can see why I'd be nervous.
      Last edited by lineygoblue; August 27, 2020, 02:36 PM.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Cops do not give explanations. They use "command voice" - repeatedly screaming succinct orders. That's the protocol if a weapon is drawn.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It was two different set of cops who handled two different situations in two different ways. Anecdotal and disparate. Do we have any evidence that the two different sets of cops would have acted differently if the skin color had been reversed?

One set of cops were on the scene late and reportedly did not know that the kid had shot someone. Hectic scene. Not sure you can detain everyone in a riot until you figure out what was going on.

The other set of cops were called to the scene. They attempted to arrest the suspect, he resisted, they tased him to no effect, and he went to his car to get his knife.

That said, the cops in the second circumstance handled it poorly. When a suspect who is resisting turns his back on you, detaining him isn’t that hard. If Superman turns his back to me, I can whip his ass. Failing that, step back, with your weapon drawn and allow him to get the knife then shoot him once the knife is in view. Not that that way is safest, but it’s the world we live in if you are a police officer.

Likewise, the black guy who shot the 5-year-old boy because he stepped in his yard was taken without incident after he fled the scene. The murderer wasn’t shot. Does that prove he would have been shot if he were white? Does it prove that cops aren’t racist? Or is it just an anecdotal incidence of a cop arresting someone without firing the weapon?
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
            Cops do not give explanations. They use "command voice" - repeatedly screaming succinct orders. That's the protocol if a weapon is drawn.
            Cops constantly screaming in 'command voice' always reminds me of the video of cops killing this poor guy

Comment

• Back in February 2000, I was driving with my family coming back north on I-75 in Georgia, just north of Macon. If you've ever driven on I-75 in Georgia, you know that the posted speed limit (70 at the time) is only a suggestion. If you're not going 80, you're going too slow.

Anyway, I was zipping thru traffic just like the rest of the Georgians were, and I came up behind a slower moving car in the speed lane. (3rd outside lane). I passed him on the right, then zipped back in front of him, definitely before I should have.

Well, my move was observed by a trooper of the Georgia State Highway Patrol. He lit me up and pulled me over. He happened to be black. When he got to my window, he was so angry at me that he was literally yelling at me, and spraying spittle all over my arm and my face. Among other things he told me that if I didn't have my family with me, he would have "taken me in and locked me up for that move". For some reason, he let me off with his "spittle warning".

I counted myself fortunate that I wasn't cuffed and stuffed into his cruiser and headed for the county jail. I wiped off the spit, and went on my way. And, I slowed down.

Now, I could have taken offense that this black man spent about 2 minutes yelling at me and spitting on me, and challenged him to a fight. Or, I could have done what I did, and went on my way.

Would anyone here done something different than what I did?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                It was two different set of cops who handled two different situations in two different ways. Anecdotal and disparate. Do we have any evidence that the two different sets of cops would have acted differently if the skin color had been reversed?

One set of cops were on the scene late and reportedly did not know that the kid had shot someone. Hectic scene. Not sure you can detain everyone in a riot until you figure out what was going on.

The other set of cops were called to the scene. They attempted to arrest the suspect, he resisted, they tased him to no effect, and he went to his car to get his knife.

That said, the cops in the second circumstance handled it poorly. When a suspect who is resisting turns his back on you, detaining him isn’t that hard. If Superman turns his back to me, I can whip his ass. Failing that, step back, with your weapon drawn and allow him to get the knife then shoot him once the knife is in view. Not that that way is safest, but it’s the world we live in if you are a police officer.

Likewise, the black guy who shot the 5-year-old boy because he stepped in his yard was taken without incident after he fled the scene. The murderer wasn’t shot. Does that prove he would have been shot if he were white? Does it prove that cops aren’t racist? Or is it just an anecdotal incidence of a cop arresting someone without firing the weapon?
                The cops didn't know if he had a knife in his car. Or a gun. Or a Teddy Bear. But he did have a felony gun charge on his rap sheet, so they were perfectly rational in thinking that he might have one in there at the time. It's not as if Jacob Blake earned the benefit of the doubt.
                Last edited by Hannibal; August 27, 2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Citing Trevor Noah as some sort of authority automatically makes you a fucking imbecile. Period.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• One thing I do definitely get — don’t resist arrest. Apparently that’s not something a lot of people get.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• TBF it's not just Trevor Noah wondering why a black guy in incident #1 was shot while white guy in incident #2 wasn't shot and then asking why is if the only difference between the two was skin color.

Comment

• Everyone should watch this video. It's the flipside of what happens when a criminal violently resists and the cops don't shoot him fast enough.

"Why don't the cops wait until he actually pulls a gun out of his car"?

That's why.

Comment

• I had to LOL today when the "NBA Players Association" decided to resume playing. Less than 24 hours ago, the majority of them wanted to end the season because they were so upset over the Kenosha thing.

They probably did the math and figured out that if they quit, nobody else would notice. The ratings for the "resumed season" have been horrible.

So, LeBron will get that next ring. Priorities, and all that ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

The cops didn't know if he had a knife in his car. Or a gun. Or a Teddy Bear. But he did have a felony gun charge on his rap sheet, so they were perfectly rational in thinking that he might have one in there at the time. It's not as if Jacob Blake earned the benefit of the doubt.
                            The AG won’t address if the cops knew of the knife or not. I hope they saw the knife and knew what that he was going for it. If Blake can successfully argue that he was just trying to escape when he was shot in the back, the police officer in question will most likely end up in prison due to a strict interpretation of Tennessee v. Garner.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Not to mention a good cop would never allow a wanted criminal to enter a car full of kids. If a pos thug jumps in a car containing my family, he will be put down asap if I'm able.I'm guessing even a couple of you bleeding heart libs might agree. But then again, probably not.

Comment

• When someone turns their back on you, he’s asking to be put on the ground. And he shoulda been.

Comment

Working...
                                X