No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA - Fear mongering acts as a force multiplier when it comes to angst and nihilism. We as a nation don't do ourselves any favors by politically weaponizing, well, everything.

My grt-grt grandmother died in 1919 of "The Influenza". I found out this past week that two of my nephews in Kzoo have tested positive for covid. One 22 and one 24 - both are scared shitless. The statement "You're young so don't worry about it" is not reassuring.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Jon, sorry to hear that. Yours is a good reminder that while the numbers support a less virulent and deadly SARS-CoV-2 pandemic on the macro level, when someone close to us gets COVID, it becomes very personal and a big deal. Hopefully your nephews will do well. Thoughts with you and them.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Liney, you're not alone in being intentionally mislead by persons or organizations with no interest in the truth or facts but only in creating a false reality to advance an agenda designed to sew discontent with and distrust of law enforcement along with federal, state and local government. I know you don't like Harris and worry that the Biden presidency is a front for the liberal left's political agenda.
        Good article that you linked to that, Jeff. Thanks.

When I posted that meme I thought it was probably not 100% accurate, but 100% truth doesn't reign in this thread anyway, so I felt what the heck ... I posted it. CGVT self-righteously harumphed it, and I decided to remove it. Que sera sera.

I don't think its much of a stretch to say that when Kamala becomes President, that she's going to push a radical agenda. If her conduct during the impeachment and Kavanaugh hearings is any indication of what kind of President she's going to be, White males, look out. If both the House and Senate both fall to the Democrats, and 2-3 USSC justices retire as expected, conservatives and Christians are in big trouble. Those of us who have those beliefs will have no recourse whatsoever.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• And what recourse do those who are more left leaning have now, or if the disaster of another four years of Trump happens?

Your fear of what our country becomes under the Dems is no less than my fears if we get another four years for the Christian Taliban to gain more power and Trump to further destroy our system of checks and balances.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And what recourse do those who are more left leaning have now, or if the disaster of another four years of Trump happens?
            Nancy and Chuck have protected you nicely, sir. They, along with the squad will always have yours and my best interests at heart.

LOL @ "christian taliban". Yep .. us Christians have a stranglehold on how this country is being run right now. We get absolutely everything we want ...

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              ..........The "It's not a bad as we were led to believe" crowd point to the lower death rates as proof when in reality our ability to treat the C-19 is improving every day.
              At least in my case, I don't deny that the virus is deadly. The excess death numbers would tend to support that contention. OTH, there are legitimate debates to be had about the accuracy of CFR and the degree to which death rates associated with SARS-CoV-2 are more impactful than death rates for comparable viral pandemics and epidemics. This kind of calculating usually doesn't occur until well after the pandemic threat has subsided but in this case, its being furiously worked by both sides of the argument with potential for considerable error.

My issues are with both official and unofficial (the media) messaging that portrays the impact of the virus on human life as catastrophic, dire, whatever negative connotation of it gets conjured up for it's shock value. That's driving official positions, if those officials will even take one and a lot of them won't for fear of having to own it.

The dire consequences meme has people unnecessarily frightened such that undertaking routine activities of our daily lives is only considered with great trepidation or not at all. As Jon and others point out, PH policy is being politically weaponized. That tends to render the development and implementation of such policy unduly influenced by the fear of the public's or politician's reaction to it, especially if it is a strongly negative one. Science and the facts aren't driving PH policy like they should. Lots of shooting from the hip. The combined effect of all this is psychologically harmful not to mention the harmful impact this circumstance has on any number of economic sectors. Then we have the social costs of the global response to the pandemic which has been and continues to be crushing.

To me, the media along with officials who make statements that are counter-factual, misleading or flat-out lies need to be called out and held accountable. There's not enough of that and too much of just going with the fear flow. That's what I object to.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• For whatever reason, the fatality rates are far lower now. I can’t imagine in April just assuming nothing would change. Given the way knowledge and technology progresses it should have feen obvious that April was as bad as it was going to get. How much things were going to improve in terms of treatment was an open question, but there was no doubt treatment was going to improve.

If this shit wasn’t politicized out the ass we could recognize the gains we’ve made and start to get on with it.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Nancy and Chuck have protected you nicely, sir. They, along with the squad will always have yours and my best interests at heart.

LOL @ "christian taliban". Yep .. us Christians have a stranglehold on how this country is being run right now. We get absolutely everything we want ...
                  Somebody needs to 'splain the difference to me

article-2684147-1F77DA7200000578-259_634x355.jpg
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Somebody needs to 'splain the difference to me

article-2684147-1F77DA7200000578-259_634x355.jpg
                    That's easy bro...

The girl on the left believes in leaving you completely alone as long as you don't threaten her, her family or her property.

The girl on the right will kill you if you're a Jew, or happen to be riding on the wrong airplane at the wrong time.

You can walk past the girl on the left on Main Street in Anytown America, and feel 100% safe. You won't even know she's there.

The girl on the right will pull out a knife and stab you if you look like a Jew.

The girl on the left believes in equality for all.

The girl on the right will stand and cheer in support as homosexuals and lesbians are killed just for existing.

The girl on the left believes in freedom of religion, and religious expression.

The girl on the right believes that anyone who is not Muslim is an infidel.

The girl on the left is holding a book that says, "Come unto me, all ye labor, and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest".

The girl on the left is holding a book that she says gives her the right to kill you if you are a Jew, or of any other belief other than Islam.

Do I really need to go on? I can, if you need more....

Comment

• Boy, CGVT just walked square into annihilation. And deservedly so for posting a fucking idiotic meme.Nice job, Liney.

Comment

• CCF1ZS4XIAIGIXf.jpg

Comment

• Well, it depends on what the one on the left believes. If she is fundamentalist and reads too deep into Leviticus (etc) she could be stoning people to death, too.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Gifs and memes. Thanks for just not bothering to try any more. Saves us the time responding to idiocy.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

That's easy bro...

The girl on the left believes in leaving you completely alone as long as you don't threaten her, her family or her property. And believe exactly as she does. Try getting into an abortion clinic

The girl on the right will kill you if you're a Jew, or happen to be riding on the wrong airplane at the wrong time.

You can walk past the girl on the left on Main Street in Anytown America, and feel 100% safe. You won't even know she's there. Unless you are protesting peacefully

The girl on the right will pull out a knife and stab you if you look like a Jew.

The girl on the left believes in equality for all who act and think the same as her

The girl on the right will stand and cheer in support as homosexuals and lesbians are killed just for existing. The girl on the right does not believe that they should have the same rights as her. How long until she becomes the girl on the right?

The girl on the left believes in freedom of religion, and religious expression. As long as it is her religion

The girl on the right believes that anyone who is not Muslim is an infidel. The girl on the left believes that anyone that doesn't believe and think like her is going to hell and is less of a person

The girl on the left is holding a book that says, "Come unto me, all ye labor, and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest".

The girl on the left is holding a book that she says gives her the right to kill you if you are a Jew, or of any other belief other than Islam. And the girl on the right is holding a book that she believes gives her the right to discriminate if people don't look, think or worship the same as her

Do I really need to go on? I can, if you need more....

There really is much less difference than you think.

Comment

Attached Files
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X