No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I said above, they are not that far apart. Both want you to live by the laws of their book. Both are intolerant of other's beliefs and ways of life. You think the girl with the gun and bible is just a good Christian. Maybe she is.

I guess that begs the question.

Traditional Jesus or Republican Jesus?

Because they certainly aren't the same
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Traditional Jesus or Republican Jesus?
      That's an easy one too. From my reading of scriptures, I find that Jesus was never, ever political. He was actually a pacifist.

Never revolutionary or political in any way, shape or form.

I'm not defending the history of Christianity. Lord knows corrupt men have corrupted the gospel for centuries.

I'm just saying that your comparison is really no comparison at all. About the only similarities between the two women is that they are women. That's it.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Both are intolerant zealots. One is farther gone than the other.

As I said, they are closer than you think or care to admit.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And I think they're farther apart than you think and I have more evidence to back it up.

Comment

• Congratulations, Liney. The "argument" has gone from "no, they're not different at all vs. yes, they are" to "how different are they." The goalposts always move and they're moving in your direction.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Congratulations, Liney. The "argument" has gone from "no, they're not different at all vs. yes, they are" to "how different are they." The goalposts always move and they're moving in your direction.
              Oh bullshit. Nothing has changed.

Jesus.

Comment

• yawn

Comment

• Clown

Comment

• I'm not one getting humiliated. Again, please go live under Taliban rule. PLEASE. Spare us all.

yawn

Comment

Exhibit A re politics. Keeping hanging on to the lies, dude. Trying thinking for yourself instead of asking, "What's PDJT's position" and going opposite.

Well going the opposite of PDJT is usually the right course.

The only time the Trump administration and Congress (not all but nearly all) gave a tinker's damn about helping out actual Americans down the socioeconomic ladder was when the stock market was in free fall. Then they cared. A pox on all their houses (Republican and Democrat) for watching the economy going off a cliff. Trump could have, if he had the brains, won this election in a RR landslide but chose not to do more than the bare minimum.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

I'm not one getting humiliated. Again, please go live under Taliban rule. PLEASE. Spare us all.

yawn
                        'Merica! Love it or leave it!

Fucking clown

Comment

• Well going the opposite of PDJT is usually the right course.
                          I bet myself $500 that you'd saying something like that. I win! And, of course, it's true.

That said, I think I was yacking on about Covid and mortality and the generally improving situation. I don't know where PDJT stands on this. I don't really care. If it happens to be in alignment with him then I guess I'm in alignment with him.

But, I'd rather be right and worry about who agrees with me later.
                          Trump could have, if he had the brains, won this election in a RR landslide but chose not to do more than the bare minimum.
                          I'm really don't think that is true, but there's not much point in arguing the hypothetical.

Comment

• 'Merica! Love it or leave it!
                            No, it's "Taliban, Same as Bible Belt!"

Comment

• Kinda quiet in here today, but oh well ...

Happy Labor Day to all. As you're grilling with the family, remember the good hard working folks who put food on the grocery store shelves, .. the truckers who delivered it there, .. the people who assemble the car that sits in your driveway, .. the fantastic health care workers who take care of us when we're sick. Especially during these times when everyone's nerves are on edge due to Covid.

I hope the country finds a way to chill out, and get along together, in spite of our differences. Being mean is a choice. We don't have to be mean to each other.

Comment

• GFY!

Comment

Working...
                                X