No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA- Oh damn, I've actually been to the Flora-Bama Lounge. A decade ago I went to a college friend's wedding down there at her family's house in Perdido Beach somewhere. Hope it survived.

Comment

• Also I saw that part of the bridge going from Pensacola to Pensacola Beach collapsed.

Comment

• Trump humiliated and repudiated the CDC Director a couple hours ago. Said he was confused and misspoke earlier today. A call from Trump straightened him out. Trump says a vaccine is coming mid-October and again repeated that there are a whole lot of serious problems with wearing masks.

What do you do if you're Redfield? Yeah, you could resign. But then Trump's almost certain to replace you with a Michael Caputo-type hack in the meantime. Are you helping the country at that point?

Comment

• Better hurricanes than Sally have tried to end the FloraBama. It’s made of nothing but tar paper and 1x8’s. Three Mexican day laborers will have it rebuilt in about a day.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Better hurricanes than Sally have tried to end the FloraBama. It’s made of nothing but tar paper and 1x8’s. Three Mexican day laborers will have it rebuilt in about a day.
            Coincidentally that description sounds like where'd you'd head to find the 8th best wings in the Platte River valley.

Comment

• The White House had a couple staffers test positive again...very little detail being given...but three foreign delegations were just there yesterday, including Israel. Netanyahu is 70 years old and Israel is going into its second total lockdown tomorrow because cases are out of control there right now.

Comment

• Schlissel has bigger problems than whether football is played this fall or not.

Early in the meeting, the vote of no confidence in the administration's reopening plan failed, 915 in favor and 991 against, with 198 abstentions
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• DSL .... not going down the rabbit hole of Sweden is better than or worse than whoever. I agree with most of your post, where you state not one size fits all.

My original response to your posting a link to the Geragthy piece was that CFR is a shitty way to measure a country's success or failure in responding to the pandemic. That is what the press wants to do and Geraghty, I believe, is complicit in furthering that flawed comparison.

The Sweden thing - whether or not they chose a better approach to the pandemic - is another argument altogether that can involve comparing CFRs, although I think that measure is flawed, but absolutely not as an isolated measure of success or failure. Frankly, I think CFR, with it's well understood and acknowledged problems with accuracy as a real time measure should not be used as a data point to inform PH policy. In 5 years, maybe we'll know what the actual CFR for COVID-19 was, but definitely we can't know it right now.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• The Chinese government intentionally manufactured and released the COVID-19 virus that led to mass shutdowns and deaths across the world, a top virologist and whistleblower told Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

you knew the story of it originating from outside wet market was false

this woman is published in the lancet and other medical journals seems to know what sheds talking about

until she says china did this intentionally--

but having a monopoly on the PPE and pharmaceuticals like china does would have been a tremendous boost for their economy that by most accounts was going into the shitter since trump got in a trade war with them

i believe that was a manufactured virus that the chinese military lab accidentally released to the world

Comment

• well we have no patients in our hospital with corona virus--0 hard to believe after what we had 2 months ago

and my mom of all people a hermit during this whole outbreak gets tested for corona today prep for a carotid artery stent and comes up positive for antibodies

I work around the shit for 2 months and have none

hope all you gulf staters are staying safe

Comment

• Dow futures down nearly 300 points right now. Geez.

Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                        https://www.foxnews.com/media/chines...ly-coronavirus
                        you knew the story of it originating from outside wet market was false
                        this woman is published in the lancet and other medical journals seems to know what sheds talking about
                        until she says china did this intentionally--
                        but having a monopoly on the PPE and pharmaceuticals like china does would have been a tremendous boost for their economy that by most accounts was going into the shitter since trump got in a trade war with them
                        i believe that was a manufactured virus that the chinese military lab accidentally released to the world
                        Ok, if there's actual proof, let's hear it.
                        It's a nothingburger until legit evidence is presented. Otherwise, seems like they are reaching for some "conspiracy thing" again.

bored waiting GIF​​​​​

Not to just poke fun at Fox News. They have their faults like other media companies do. It just annoys me to read the words "evidence will be released" ... assuming it doesn't happen.
                        Similar to Fox News having a headline every week about a bombshell coming for the Durham Investigation ... AND it doesn't happen.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• That the virus jumped from bats to humans because of peculiar culinary tastes has always seemed very unlikely, especially when there is a great big virus research laboratory right next to where the virus broke out and people from there have been seen selling animals in that market. That the virus was specifically engineered is a major claim though and that it was purposefully released is an even bigger one.

Comment

• Comment

• Chinese pharmaceutical accidentally gives a few thousand people brucellosis:

Several thousand people in northwest China have tested positive for a bacterial disease, authorities said on Tuesday, in an outbreak caused by a leak at a biopharmaceutical company last year.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                Chinese pharmaceutical accidentally gives a few thousand people brucellosis:

https://apple.news/AjlSib7T9TduuTjNUG8jYVQ
                                Lovely.

Comment

Working...
                                X