No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hah hah. I hope that one goes to court and they get to play the video of her dipshit boyfriend (a convicted felon with multiple domestic abuse counts) beating an innocent kid with a skateboard and then getting Darwin'd when he grabbed the business end of an AR-15.

Comment

• This is possibly an interesting legal scrap brewing. Florida's AG wants an investigation into whether Mike Bloomberg is violating election law by running a non-profit that pays off the court fines of Florida ex-cons, which restores their voting rights.

The Florida Attorney General asked the FBI to look into whether Bloomberg's efforts to pay off fines of felons is violating Florida election law and serving as an incentive that could sway votes a particular way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        On a related note, the girlfriend of one the the guys that was killed in Kenosha (skateboard guy) is suing Facebook because they didn't remove a post about the militia group meeting up there. The suit claims FB didn't follow their own rules against promoting violence. I see a lot of violence promoted on social media that isn't taken down. Do you have any examples, Hannibal? lol
        It must be nice to have money to put in the stock market on your own. Congrats, you are one of the 10% that owns 86% of stocks in this country.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          This is possibly an interesting legal scrap brewing. Florida's AG wants an investigation into whether Mike Bloomberg is violating election law by running a non-profit that pays off the court fines of Florida ex-cons, which restores their voting rights.

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida...s-fbi/34131139
          Yeah, god forbid ex cons actually have voting rights. I am sure the Florida legislature knows so much better than the people of Florida that passed restoring those rights by an overwhelming majority.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• It's not so much that ex-cons have the right to vote, it's that it certainly appears like you're buying votes. I sort of thought that when I first heard it. There's a certain fairness to it, but, OTOH, there's a certain "here's money, now go vote" element to it.

Lemme put it this way, if PDJT and the Rs were giving out money to a certain class of voters then a lot of people would go apeshit.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              It's not so much that ex-cons have the right to vote, it's that it certainly appears like you're buying votes. I sort of thought that when I first heard it. There's a certain fairness to it, but, OTOH, there's a certain "here's money, now go vote" element to it.

Lemme put it this way, if PDJT and the Rs were giving out money to a certain class of voters then a lot of people would go apeshit.
              You mean like making a temporary cut to the payroll tax and then telling voters that if he is elected they won't have to pay it back?
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If you want to compare apples and space shuttles, then sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

It must be nice to have money to put in the stock market on your own. Congrats, you are one of the 10% that owns 86% of stocks in this country.
                  I’m not sure what this has to do with my post but I do contribute a certain percentage of my paycheck to my 401(k)!

Comment

• A lot more than 10% rely on the stock market. Pretty anyone with a pension.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

It must be nice to have money to put in the stock market...
                      That is not how I have felt the past few weeks.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      A lot more than 10% rely on the stock market. Pretty anyone with a pension.
                      True but the 10/86 split just refers to % owned. Actually, given the natural tendency of wealth to concentrate in the hands of fewer and fewer people, I'm pleasantly surprised that the 90% own as much as 14%.

Comment

It's not so much that ex-cons have the right to vote, it's that it certainly appears like you're buying votes. I sort of thought that when I first heard it. There's a certain fairness to it, but, OTOH, there's a certain "here's money, now go vote" element to it.

Ya think?

Two sets of rules...and the beat goes on whilst the left wing media marches on...lol...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

A lot more than 10% rely on the stock market. Pretty anyone with a pension.
                          55% of Americans own stock. That is a fact.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Yes, people would go apeshit if Trump were doing this.

But then...it really is different, isn't it? You're not handing out cartons of cigarettes to hobos and driving them to a poll and telling them who to vote for. They're probably mailing people checks made out to "Miami-Dade Municipal Court" or whatever for the exact amount of what they owe. Maybe Bloomberg's even paying the state directly, I don't know the procedure. Now if they're adding a "little something extra" as an incentive then there's a big problem.

From what I read they're targeting ex-cons who owe maybe $1200 or less. There's about 30,000 of them. What if there was a non-profit set up to connect someone like me who was willing to donate $500 so someone down there could buy their voting rights back? Would I be committing electoral fraud if I donated? All the money is ending up in the State's hands. To me, the more of a stink they make, the more obvious it becomes that they don't care if they ever get this restitution, the purpose of the law was to undermine the results of a referendum and prevent these people from ever voting, period.
                            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 23, 2020, 06:16 PM.

Comment

If you want to compare apples and space shuttles, then sure.
                              LOL! The world according to talent.

Buying votes is buying votes and that is exactly what Trump is doing.
                              Last edited by CGVT; September 23, 2020, 06:25 PM.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• DSL:

I’m mostly with you (except for your final sentence). To be clear, I was commenting on the appearance. I don’t think it’s crazy to think this through a bit. I think I’m probably in general agreement with you, but it still doesn’t sit quite right with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X