No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AND term limits for US reps and senators while we're at it.
    I agree. And while term limits throw out the bad with the good no matter which side of the aisle you are on, I think the time has come to eliminate career politicians.

I think 3 X 4 year terms = 12 years total is more than enough for both House and Senate. That way a person could serve a total of 24 years if they maxed out in both.

More than enough.

In Michigan we'd finally be rid of Stupidnow, and in Kentucky they'd be rid of McConnell.

Seems like a fair trade to me.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Shocking!

Many teachers and families feared a spike in COVID-19 cases when Florida made the controversial push to reopen schools in August with in-person instruction.

A USA TODAY analysis shows the state’s positive case count among kids ages 5 to 17 declined through late September after a peak in July.

The early results in Florida show the success of rigorous mask wearing, social distancing, isolating contacts and quick contact tracing when necessary, health experts said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/3557417001/

Desantis and the state education commissioner were roundly criticized when an order was issued by the commissioner that all schools in FL had to offer in-person instruction within brick and mortar schools as a school option for parents and students that wanted it. The teacher's union sued and lost. Parents complained that the governor's office was sentencing people to die. Ridiculous and since FL made it very public that they weren't experiencing increased case #s in the 4-17yo age group with re-opening of schools, the commissioner's office has been flooded with requests from other counties and states asking how they did it.

Of course, standard caveat from the authors of this article ...... it's still early.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• In Michigan, if anyone dares to oppose the policies of Gretch, her best pal Lezzie Nessie will use her office to "investigate" you, and charge you with exercising your rights.

Nessie already put the Catholic church in Michigan on notice that she'd be "watching" them, while the echoes of her taking the oath of office were still ringing on Capitol Avenue.

Catholics that practice their faith faithfully are evil in her mind.

As they are with most Dems, .. which we will see more of in the coming weeks.

Comment

• In Michigan, if anyone dares to oppose the policies of Gretch, her best pal Lezzie Nessie will use her office to "investigate" you, and charge you with exercising your rights.

You must have read a different article than you posted...

Dems aren't opposed to Catholics. They are opposed to theocrats.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Man, Liney, M sounds even worse than I imagined. The anti-Catholic bias will rage against ACB. It’s going to be ugly.

Buchanan:

Great stuff on Florida.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I agree. And while term limits throw out the bad with the good no matter which side of the aisle you are on, I think the time has come to eliminate career politicians.

I think 3 X 4 year terms = 12 years total is more than enough for both House and Senate. That way a person could serve a total of 24 years if they maxed out in both.

More than enough.

In Michigan we'd finally be rid of Stupidnow, and in Kentucky they'd be rid of McConnell.

Seems like a fair trade to me.
              There is always term limits....it called voting them out.

We have term limits in Michigan, and they have made the legislature much more partisan and more beholden to those that hold the money.

Nothing changes until you get the money out of politics.
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

In Michigan, if anyone dares to oppose the policies of Gretch, her best pal Lezzie Nessie will use her office to "investigate" you, and charge you with exercising your rights.

Sigh. The group Unlock Michigan has been caught on video with a guy that was teaching the canvassers to illegally collect signatures, and how to lie to the police and investigators. Basically to flat out lie about what the petition is about.

Now lying about what the petition is about is not illegal in Michigan. But if that group is encouraging people to lie to police/illegally collect signatures that should be investigated.

What I don't get is that Unlock Michigan announced on 9/23 they had 500k signatures and considering they were asking people to send any remaining signatures...that the earliest they could have turned them in was 9/24 or 9/25. They have an affidavant (spelling I know) from a former state official that it would take 60 days for them to be processed. SOS Benson says it would take 105 days. Whatever. Even if it was 60 days that takes you past the election anyways.

But then, tbh, the plan never was to put up to the people to vote on this. It was an end around Gov. Whitmer the entire time.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Just over a million people have now already voted. Virginia, North Carolina, and Wisconsin combine for around 750,000 of those.

You can see what % this would make up of the 2016 turnout too.

Comment

• If neither the US or Russia intervenes in this, there could be mass genocide against Armenians in the breakaway Nagorno-Karabakh territory. It is pretty widely accepted that Erodgan is helping out Azerbaijan significantly.

It's hard not to be reminded of Russia's invasion of Georgia 12 years ago...also done while the US was distracted with an election and the Beijing Olympics. This seems planned and not a spontaneous reaction to a few mortars shot across the border.

Dozens of service members on both sides reportedly have been killed in violence that began Sunday in the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region. The conflict has the potential to draw in NATO ally Turkey.

Comment

• Man, Liney, M sounds even worse than I imagined. The anti-Catholic bias will rage against ACB. It’s going to be ugly.
                      Its not good. Nessie came into office with an axe to grind with the Catholic church because they run most of the adoption agencies here in Michigan, and the State had the good sense to help fund those agencies, because they do good stuff, .. like taking in kids that need homes. Nessie is a lesbian, and she and her partner apparently tried to adopt a child thru a Catholic agency, and were denied because they are lesbians. The Catholic church still believes that marriage should be between one man and one woman and that's the environment that they want their orphans adopted in to. Nessie is out to change that, even if it means closing down the adoption agencies.

Of course, homosexuals and lesbians (LGBTQ) could open up and fund adoption agencies of their own, and probably qualify for state aid as well, ... but they'd rather shut down the Catholics, and have the State take care of those kids in non-existent state agencies. The Catholics run most of the adoption agencies in Michigan. Close them, and I guess the kids hit the street. But, hey, .. we can't have bigotry in our state, can we? Find a cardboard box underneath a viaduct, kid ...

Nessie cloaks her anger with the Catholic church in the priest scandals involving young boys. I share her disgust with those incidents, but she is going after the church with an atom bomb, when probably a good pair of tweezers would get the bad guys out of the Church. But, politically, .. for her and her supporters, .. she's doing "a great job".

The Dems have to tread a fine line when they attack ACB for being a devout Catholic. They'll probably attack the "charismatic" part of her beliefs, rather than the orthodox "Catholic" side. That way they can paint her as some sort of a religious fanatic, rather than a "acceptable" Catholic. (like the Kennedys)

I was disappointed but not surprised to see the Left is already attacking ACB for having adopted two Haitian kids. Just like they did Romney and his grandchild. (he has a short memory)

I guess Catholics and Christians just can't be allowed to have kids anymore.

Comment

• Someone who was on the Breonna Taylor grand jury has requested that the Court make public the entire grand jury proceedings and claims that AG Cameron has been misleading the public about what evidence was presented to the grand jury.

Comment

• The group Unlock Michigan has been caught on video with a guy that was teaching the canvassers to illegally collect signatures, and how to lie to the police and investigators. Basically to flat out lie about what the petition is about.
                          Oh yes,... and other ballot initiatives have had snow-white innocence attached to every signature they've gathered... LOL

The initiative is going to have more than enough signatures to be certified for the ballot. All they need is 300K in Michigan, and they have 500K. Even Nessie and her Democrat pal SOS aren't going to be able to de-certify over 200K signatures. They won't waste their time. This is all politics.

The vote doesn't have to be scheduled in a November election. I believe an election can be set on any citizen-initiated proposal (like this one) within 90 - 120 days after the signatures are certified by the SOS.

Its not going to a vote anyway. Once the Legislature sees that enough signatures are certified by the SOS, they will initiate a bill that will do what the voters want, and Gretch cannot veto it, because it was an initiative started by the voters via petition. That's one good law we still have here in Michigan.

Of course, we may lose that law once the Dems re-gerrymander the voting districts to their liking. That will be happening soon.

Comment

• Gee, I'm a little biased here, but LGBTQXYZs going full warpath against Catholics just doesn't seem like a good strategic move.

But the Dems have been done some pretty stupid things in their obsession with Trump. His nomination of a Catholic to the SCOTUS might be a last ditch effort to give them just s little more rope to hang themselves with.

We're just going to need to see this play itself out. I doubt that the courts or the legislatures are going to have the fortitude to stand up to Whitmer and Nessel- unless Biden takes them away, they are going to be around for 2 more years. Then, the voters will decide. It falls on the parties to provide better candidates.
                            Last edited by Tom W; September 29, 2020, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Gee, I'm a little biased here, but LGBTQXYZs going full warpath against Catholics just doesn't seem like a good strategic move.
                              Its not a good move, but its pretty much all they've got in their "quiver"

They can't bust open a six-pack of "rape victims" to testify against her, because she not a male. Although, I've seen the Dems string together some whoppers for lies over the years, in order to quash conservative beliefs. Turning her into a rampaging rapist like they did Kavanaugh is going to be quite a trick, but it wouldn't shock me to see some sort of sexual allegation come up against her. Maybe a pool boy with a story to tell?

They'll also paint her as a 'religious fanatic' because of the charismatic part of her faith, which will allow Dems to protect their "acceptable" Catholics like Biden, Pelosi and the Kennedys who are not charismatic. Those are the Catholics that leave their faith in the pew, and don't take it home with them when they leave the church building. All for the sake of political gain, of course.

We're stuck with Gretch and Nessie here in Michigan, unfortunately. I felt that Gretch handled the first 60 days or so of the pandemic fairly well, but now its clear that she likes the power grab, and its going to take the MSC to take it away from her. She should know better, being a career politician, but she seems determined to hold on to absolute power. She really needs to come off it, because its going to be embarrassing to her to lose the case before the MSC. She already lost the big "gas tax increase to fix the dam roads" issue right before the pandemic hit, so this will be the 2nd time she gets slapped down on a big political issue.

Comment

We're stuck with Gretch and Nessie here in Michigan, unfortunately. I felt that Gretch handled the first 60 days or so of the pandemic fairly well, but now its clear that she likes the power grab, and its going to take the MSC to take it away from her. She should know better, being a career politician, but she seems determined to hold on to absolute power. She really needs to come off it, because its going to be embarrassing to her to lose the case before the MSC. She already lost the big "gas tax increase to fix the dam roads" issue right before the pandemic hit, so this will be the 2nd time she gets slapped down on a big political issue.
                                And her reactions provide clear evidence that she's a weak sauce version of Hillary Clinton. Having power and control is more important than serving your constituents. Whitmer isn't as smart, or ruthless, as HRC, but she's likely to suffer the same fate. It will be fun to see her get embarrassed a few more times in the next tow years - unless of course, she doesn't end up destroying this state in the process.

Comment

Working...
                                X