No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Christie’s checked into a hospital. He’s obviously very overweight and has asthma. He’s fine right now but his doctors recommended hospitalization right away

Comment

• Sorting through some of the comments made late yesterday and relying mostly on his care team at Walter Reed that had a press conference:
      • The team was circumspect about Trump's medical status and that is no surprise.
      • He's been administered, as far as we know, Regeneron's Anti-body drug and is receiving Remdesivir. Both standard of care when appropriate.
      • He doesn't have a fever (he's taking routine antipyretics) and that is not uncommon in a 74 year old anyway - body doesn't develop a fever in response to a virus.
      • You can suppose he is on and off supplemental 02, probably via BiPAP, from the medical team's comments - his O2 sats were reportedly 96% and I suspect this is on O2.
      • You can suppose he's on novel anticoagulants like Eloquis or Xarelto. Either standard of care.
      • "Next 48h will be critical ....." One threat to recovery is a "cytokine storm." This is the body's over-reaction to the virus that can kill the patient and did early on before this was recognized.
      • There are drugs to dampen a cytokine storm if it occurs. Dexamethasone is one and so is Actemra - a drug used to treat rheumatoid arthritis shown to be effective and more targeted v. a COVID induced cytokine storm.
      • Ignore Mark Meadows or anything else that comes from the WH. Best source is Trump's care team when they provide a press conference. They won't do one if things go south for Trump.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• My NYT's news feed provided a "what ifs" article describing "What Happens if Trump Can't Run?" I don't subscribe but had access to it. Interesting if anything.

It's pretty clear what happens if Trump dies, less so if he's incapacitated. All kinds of options depending on the circumstances. The article does a good job of fleshing those out. If the RNC has to come up with a new candidate to run against Biden, things get dicey.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If he were to die RIGHT NOW there's maybe a very very small chance they could alter the ballot in a few states. In another week, probably no chance. Once voting has started in places and absentees have gone out, there's no changing the ballots. Wisconsin and Florida, for example, have already had over 400,000 votes cast in each.

Comment

• The White House pooped out a couple of photos showing Trump's HARD AT WORK...RELENTLESS...reviewing documents. They were too lazy to encrypt or hide the timestamps on them so reporters were able to quickly figure out there were taken just 10 minutes apart around 8:30 last night. In the hi-res version of the first picture you can zoom in enough to see he's just signing his name to a blank piece of paper with a sharpie. And you can tell the two stacks of paperwork are the exact same materials in each photo, just shuffled around a bit.

EjdBFOzXsAcK149?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

EjdCe5YWAAAYN5a?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Latest Reuters poll, taken all on Friday-Saturday, shows no sympathy bounce for Trump. Biden leads by 10.

Indeed, 65% of respondents agreed with this statement: "If President Trump had taken coronavirus more seriously, he probably would not have been infected"

Comment

• If anything, he looks haggard and needs a hair-cut.

If "last night, around 8:30" where were these taken? I know there is presidential wing at Walter Reed. I've never seen pictures. If there, pretty nice digs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  If anything, he looks haggard and needs a hair-cut.

If "last night, around 8:30" where were these taken? I know there is presidential wing at Walter Reed. I've never seen pictures. If there, pretty nice digs.
                  Yeah, from the Presidential suite at Walter Reed. Supposedly it's like a good-sized apartment. Six rooms in all.

Comment

• You can tell Trump is sick. He's not orange.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I seem to remember Walter Reed adding a special Presidential area at the hospital after Reagan was shot. Its the best place in the country for whoever the President is, if they happen to be in need of medical care.

In other news I believe I mentioned earlier that Gretch Whitmer lost her fight with the Michigan state constitution on Friday when the Michigan Supreme Court ruled unanimously that she misapplied the 1976 law that granted her emergency powers to run the state. This is significant for my barber Karl Manke who was fined by AG Lezzie Nessie for daring to open his barber shop to those who wanted or needed a haircut during Whitmer's shutdown. The fines that she levied against Mr. Manke are now cancelled, and the lawsuit brought against him by the State is now moot. As it should be. AG Lezzie Nessie hasn't dropped the lawsuit yet, but she will be forced to because the "law" she claimed that was violated was eliminated by the MSC's decision.

The pandemic didn't go away due to the MSC's decision. People still need to take common sense precautions, especially those that are more susceptible to the virus and its symptoms. For me, I will still mask up when I go into public places where I know lots of people will be. I will still wipe down all of the groceries with disinfectant that I bring into my house, just in case someone breathed or coughed on them before I picked them up. I will still wear latex gloves when I shop at the store.

This whole thing has really NOT been about the pandemic. Its been about a Governor and an over zealous AG who wanted to read the state constitution their own way, and now they have been rightly corrected. Its time for Gretch to grow up, swallow her pride, and work with the Legislature as the constitution requires her to do. She had no authority to endlessly extend the state of emergency past the 30 day limit without Legislative approval. That's the law. If Rick Snyder was still Michigan's governor, attempting to do the same things, Democrats would be howling bloody murder, and Gretch would be leading the chorus.

Get together and lead the state thru this crisis, as you were elected to do. Its quite simple. Civilized adults should be able to do so.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        I seem to remember Walter Reed adding a special Presidential area at the hospital after Reagan was shot. Its the best place in the country for whoever the President is, if they happen to be in need of medical care.

In other news I believe I mentioned earlier that Gretch Whitmer lost her fight with the Michigan state constitution on Friday when the Michigan Supreme Court ruled unanimously that she misapplied the 1976 law that granted her emergency powers to run the state. This is significant for my barber Karl Manke who was fined by AG Lezzie Nessie for daring to open his barber shop to those who wanted or needed a haircut during Whitmer's shutdown. The fines that she levied against Mr. Manke are now cancelled, and the lawsuit brought against him by the State is now moot. As it should be. AG Lezzie Nessie hasn't dropped the lawsuit yet, but she will be forced to because the "law" she claimed that was violated was eliminated by the MSC's decision.

The pandemic didn't go away due to the MSC's decision. People still need to take common sense precautions, especially those that are more susceptible to the virus and its symptoms. For me, I will still mask up when I go into public places where I know lots of people will be. I will still wipe down all of the groceries with disinfectant that I bring into my house, just in case someone breathed or coughed on them before I picked them up. I will still wear latex gloves when I shop at the store.

This whole thing has really NOT been about the pandemic. Its been about a Governor and an over zealous AG who wanted to read the state constitution their own way, and now they have been rightly corrected. Its time for Gretch to grow up, swallow her pride, and work with the Legislature as the constitution requires her to do. She had no authority to endlessly extend the state of emergency past the 30 day limit without Legislative approval. That's the law. If Rick Snyder was still Michigan's governor, attempting to do the same things, Democrats would be howling bloody murder, and Gretch would be leading the chorus.

Get together and lead the state thru this crisis, as you were elected to do. Its quite simple. Civilized adults should be able to do so.
                        True. There was an additional part of the decision that held a law (I'm not sure it was from 1976 or an earlier 1945 law) itself was unconstitutional. That vote was 4-3. The holding was that the law delegated too much legislative power to the executive.

Remember too that Whitmer has already said that racism is a health emergency. We all knew where that was going. Gretch and Nessie have both indicated that there are other legal avenues to justify the lock-down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          Sorting through some of the comments made late yesterday and relying mostly on his care team at Walter Reed that had a press conference:
                          • The team was circumspect about Trump's medical status and that is no surprise.
                          • He's been administered, as far as we know, Regeneron's Anti-body drug and is receiving Remdesivir. Both standard of care when appropriate.
                          So in addition to Remdesivir and the Regeneron drug they have now acknowledged they also started giving him dexamethasone yesterday. The WHO recommends the latter only in severe and critical cases. And they are finally admitted he's been given oxygen at least two separate days, including yesterday morning. But when asked directly what the scans of Trump's lungs are showing, the doctor declined to be specific.

Comment

• And here's how Mark Meadows' weekend is going

Ejf6XO_WkAAhcZO?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• There was an additional part of the decision that held a law (I'm not sure it was from 1976 or an earlier 1945 law) itself was unconstitutional.
                              Correct. The 1945 law was ruled unconstitutional by a 4-3 vote of the MSC on a partisan line. That's the part Gretch was griping about on CNN this morning when she endorsed two "non-partisan" candidates for the two upcoming vacancies on the MSC. Both of her hand picked candidates would give her the majority she needs to usurp Dear Leader status again in the future.

That 1945 law is a goner. It s either going to be eliminated by the MSC decision, or its going to be eliminated by the ballot initiative that is going on now. Petitioners have submitted over 550K signatures, that Lezzie Nessie is challenging in court because of "illegal tactics". She might get a few thousand signatures tossed, but in Michigan all that is needed is about 360K to get it on the ballot, and they'll still have more than enough to force that issue.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                I seem to remember Walter Reed adding a special Presidential area at the hospital after Reagan was shot. Its the best place in the country for whoever the President is, if they happen to be in need of medical care.

Should tell that to the legislature who back in April were already saying there was no need to have a state of emergency.

And here is a question for you. Let's take away the D and R and speak without the politics.

If there is a state of emergency after the initial 28 days and the legislature doesn't agree that would leave it to the department heads right to issue those orders right? And if the legislature can override those orders (not sure they can---I know they did in Wisconsin) does that give the legislature all the power in that regard as well?
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X