No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, disturbing times on so many levels .......

This morning my NYT news feed was full on hammer home the "dire consequences" aspect of the pandemic. The left is struting a nearly 10 point lead for Biden over Trump with < 30d until the general. Pretty sure they want to put the final nail in Trump's coffin to insure he has no leg to stand-on to contest the outcome.

As if adding fuel to the election fire that's already engulfed Trump and is rising furiously to engulf vulnerable GOP Senators, the NYT is huffing and puffing over Trump getting discharged from the hospital, "over the objections of medical experts," (I've really not heard or read about his medical team saying that) proceeding to the WH, deplaning from Marine One on the front lawn, WIHTOUT A MASK, continuing to display his "complete disregard" for the virus that has marked his approach to it since February. Then follows a list of all the data points I repeatedly call out to dispute their interpretation to make their point, "lest we forget the toll of human suffering this president has brought us."

Right.

Look, the pandemic is real but there are so many great stories out there about how it is being faced and managed that these stories aren't front page disturbs me more than the dire consequences harangue constantly streaming from every broadcast and social media source available. The good stories are getting downed out in a dangerous way. Sickening.

I'm looking forward to a landslide Biden win to shut up the NYT and the rest of the fucks that fall in line with them and their COVID BS. Even if I really don't think a Biden/Harris presidency is that great, the lying and counter lying, manipulations of the facts and truth have to stop. I Can't wait for January 3rd, assuming America hasn't disintegrated into chaos and civil unrest by then, when the bad news about COVID will suddenly and miraculously change to good news.

Meanwhile and along the way, the system of the American government's checks and balances is going to be mightily tested. I've read a couple of commentaries from noted historians that a lot is at stake in a pivotal moment for democracy as America has defined it on the global stage for 200 years. It's hard to even contemplate that it could fail. But fail it could and Jon Stewart Mill wrote about that potential in "On Liberty" where he famously described the "Tyranny of the Majority." Another seminal piece on the dangers inherent in democracy was published in 2015 by P.J. Deneen, "Tranquility, Tyranny, and Despotism in Democracy: Remembering Alexis de Tocqueville." I'll be brushing up on those thoughts found in both publications.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 6, 2020, 11:06 AM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Considering the quality of the pollster this is a terrible poll for Trump and it was taken entirely after the debate.

PA
      Biden +12 among RV
      Biden +8 LV (low turnout)
      Biden +11 LV (high turnout)

Comment

• Hurricane Delta has become a Cat 4 today

145829_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Comment

• As if adding fuel to the election fire that's already engulfed Trump and is rising furiously to engulf vulnerable GOP Senators, the NYT is huffing and puffing over Trump getting discharged from the hospital, "over the objections of medical experts," (I've really not heard or read about his medical team saying that) proceeding to the WH, deplaning from Marine One on the front lawn, WIHTOUT A MASK, continuing to display his "complete disregard" for the virus that has marked his approach to it since February. Then follows a list of all the data points I repeatedly call out to dispute their interpretation to make their point, "lest we forget the toll of human suffering this president has brought us."
          According to Strangelove's polls, the American people are buying it hook, line and sinker. They're lapping it up. According to the polls, Trump should just concede now to Harris and Biden, and start moving his personal property out of the WH to where-ever he intends to live after the inauguration. Kind of like what Romney and McCain did to Obama.

In addition, the House stays with the Nadler Democrats, and the Senate becomes the Shumer Senate. That, along with Queen Kamala in the WH, and its clear sailing for 4-8 years of unfettered Democratic liberal rule, and a 3-5 seat majority on a newly-packed USSC to boot.

Giddy days for the Dems.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Like I said in the SEC thread, they should move some games. The games in Baton Rouge isn’t gonna happen and Oxford will be miserable.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• They should flip the Missouri-LSU game from Baton Rouge to Columbia, the Arkansas-Auburn game from Auburn to Fayetteville, and move it to 11am, and the Bama-Ole Miss game to Neyland (the Vols play at Athens).
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• What day do teams usually travel? Thursday? Better decide quick. But your plan seems rational.

Comment

• Stop posting nonsense and post more about how White Supremacists are the real threat to the country.
                  It's truly amazing that the Media and Progressives have managed to make this a story. AMAZING. The sheer audacity and absolute disregard for any sort of truth is breathtaking.

I won't miss PDJT, but his 4 years have at least served the purpose of allowing us to see that Media has clearly and unrepentently taken sides. The Fake News stuff is one of PDJT's most significant accomplishments.

Meanwhile, on the single biggest issue of the day, the Progressive candidate won't even take a position (re court packing).
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    What day do teams usually travel? Thursday? Better decide quick. But your plan seems rational.
                    Thursday or Friday. And, yeah, it would be different if it was a packed stadium and tailgating. It' not. Time for the ADs to be grown-ups.

Comment

• All but one member of the Joint Chiefs heading to Quarantine after the Commandant of the Coast Guard tests positive.

The top US general, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mark Milley, and several members of the Pentagon’s senior leadership are quarantining after a top Coast Guard official tested positive for coronavirus, several US defense officials tell CNN.

Comment

• Live from the Truman Balcony.

trump-covid.JPG

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

It's truly amazing that the Media and Progressives have managed to make this a story. AMAZING. The sheer audacity and absolute disregard for any sort of truth is breathtaking.

I won't miss PDJT, but his 4 years have at least served the purpose of allowing us to see that Media has clearly and unrepentently taken sides. The Fake News stuff is one of PDJT's most significant accomplishments.

Meanwhile, on the single biggest issue of the day, the Progressive candidate won't even take a position (re court packing).
                          Yep- revealing the fraudulence of the media and magnitude of the how the two parties really don't give a flying fuck about this country and not small accomplishments. It's been brutal at times, and you can say what you want about the guy's character, personality or governing style. But, he did reveal things that needed to be seen.

Not that people are really seeing it yet. let's leave that up to the Woken ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Like I said in the SEC thread, they should move some games. The games in Baton Rouge isn’t gonna happen and Oxford will be miserable.
                            Jesus H...if its not Covid its fucking Mudder Nature fucking with football...

Fuckin' Trump
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Maybe it's his roid rage speaking but Trump really can be a blundering asshole. This is like the time he got tricked into taking credit for the government shutdown, only this time no one even tricked him. He just did it. Now every Dem on the campaign trail can point to him as being the only reason talks fell through.

A Trump campaign advisor told Jonathan Swan that "You have to TRY to be this politically inept. What is going on in the White House? Where is Mark Meadows?"

Comment

• Eddie Van Halen! Aw dammit

Comment

Working...
                                X