Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    For sure -- VP debates are meaningless. It's just that every time I see Harris I'm surprised by how weak she is. Even after watching her for over a year.

Meh, whatever.
    VP Debate is like watching a JV Football game...or an NFL Game with scabs...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Dems don't need to worry about the courts. Trump is the last Republican President and he likely only has three months left before he leaves office (Rasmussen has Biden +12). Biden/Harris will open the borders all the way back up and that will permanently flip states like Texas to blue. The Senate will follow within a decade. Social media censorship will guarantee that we stay a de facto one party system by acting as a massive propaganda arm of the Democrat Party. If we're lucky our future will more closely resemble Mexico than Venezuela, but you never know.

Prepare yourselves accordingly.
      Last edited by Hannibal; October 8, 2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Is Dr. Kevorkian still practicing?
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
          So people losing there jobs is good thing?
          People losing their jobs is a bad thing.

Parasitic vermin losing their jobs is not a good thing. It is a wonderful thing. The Disney empire is cancer. ESPN's last legitimate positive contribution to sports was adding channels in the 1990s.

Edit: My schadenfreude WRT job losses only applies to members of the media and not the theme park employees, who as best as I can tell, are good people who work their asses off.
          Last edited by Hannibal; October 8, 2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            The Dems don't need to worry about the courts. Trump is the last Republican President and he likely only has three months left before he leaves office (Rasmussen has Biden +12). Biden/Harris will open the borders all the way back up and that will permanently flip states like Texas to blue. The Senate will follow within a decade. Social media censorship will guarantee that we stay a de facto one party system by acting as a massive propaganda arm of the Democrat Party. If we're lucky our future will more closely resemble Mexico than Venezuela, but you never know.

Prepare yourselves accordingly.
            EFZ

Texas will be blue before Kamala finishes her 2nd term. There will still be some vocal opposition from places like Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina and to some degree Georgia, but the one party government in Washington will bring them in line, with the backing of the newly dominant liberal Supreme Court. The rest of the country will toddle along behind the Dems, still foolishly believing them that they have all the answers.

And yes, Kamala is going to be President in 2021. Joe is not going to be allowed to be "president" for very long. Shoot, the way he's going, he's going to need someone to help him take the oath of office on Inauguration Day. Maybe his wife will have to take it for him.

The right to bear arms, .. the right to worship freely, .. the freedom of dissenting press/internet, .. all will be attacked during the Kamala Harris presidency, .. and people like Mitt Romney and Dubya Bush will stand by, wringing their hands, and wondering why it happened.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• This is a bit over the top. The Republicans biggest problem right now is that Donald Trump is the leader of their party. Once he's removed, the centrist/center-right folks that were turned off by Trumpism will be far more likely to support a sane Republican party than the social warrior nonsense of the Left. The Ds will have two years before they get hammered in the 2022 midterms.

After Barrett is confirmed, the Rs will have appointed 6 of the 9 seats on the Supreme Court. I'm pretty sure Breyer is the oldest and most likely the next to be replaced. If Biden replaces him, it's just a one for one swap. They don't "gain" a seat. If they decide to lose their minds and expand the court to 11, they are still down 6-5, or maybe 5-5-1 depending on how you view Roberts. This is not apocalyptic stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                For sure -- VP debates are meaningless. It's just that every time I see Harris I'm surprised by how weak she is. Even after watching her for over a year.

Meh, whatever.
                We all know that she didn't get where she is because she's particularly strong on her debating skills.

Comment

• They don't call her "Heels Up Harris" for nothing.

Comment

• After Barrett is confirmed, the Rs will have appointed 6 of the 9 seats on the Supreme Court. I'm pretty sure Breyer is the oldest and most likely the next to be replaced. If Biden replaces him, it's just a one for one swap. They don't "gain" a seat. If they decide to lose their minds and expand the court to 11, they are still down 6-5, or maybe 5-5-1 depending on how you view Roberts. This is not apocalyptic stuff.
                    Roberts is not a conservative. He's had opportunities to show his rumored conservatism, but he's failed at the most inopportune times. He is actually just a tad to the right of former Justice David Souter, but still firmly left of center.

Kamala Harris will replace Breyer, because he is indeed the oldest. That will be a 1 for 1 with no swing in ideology.

The problem comes when Alito and Thomas retire. Both are right there with Breyer in age. When she swings those two seats to Liberal, then Conservative folks are in trouble in this country.

Conservative thought is on its last legs in America now. We're seeing the last days of conservatism having any significant role in US politics. Yes, the remaining conservatives will gripe, and groan, and make feeble attempts to bring things back to sanity, but the die is now cast.

The majority of the country now wants a liberal turn in its politics, and they are about to get it. Both barrels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      This is a bit over the top. The Republicans biggest problem right now is that Donald Trump is the leader of their party. Once he's removed, the centrist/center-right folks that were turned off by Trumpism will be far more likely to support a sane Republican party than the social warrior nonsense of the Left. The Ds will have two years before they get hammered in the 2022 midterms.

After Barrett is confirmed, the Rs will have appointed 6 of the 9 seats on the Supreme Court. I'm pretty sure Breyer is the oldest and most likely the next to be replaced. If Biden replaces him, it's just a one for one swap. They don't "gain" a seat. If they decide to lose their minds and expand the court to 11, they are still down 6-5, or maybe 5-5-1 depending on how you view Roberts. This is not apocalyptic stuff.
                      There's a very good chance Republicans make gains in 2022 although I think the Senate map is still unfavorable for them until 2024.

If there is a blue wave this year blaming Romney or Bush is silly. It's on Trump. He's a horrible human being and wildly incompetent and far, far too many people can see that clearly. Some will hold their nose and still vote for him on policies alone. But probably not enough this time. The moderates and Independents want a return to the dynamics of 1992-2016 instead of the 24-hours-a-day IN YOUR FACE political environment we're in right now.

Comment

• Also, Trump is AHEAD with Hispanics in Florida. From info I've seen he has made small gains with them in Arizona and Texas.

Hispanic immigrants are NOT why Texas and Arizona are turning blue. It's because white suburban voters in Texas and white retirees in Arizona are running away from Trump. Both Texas & Arizona are also increasingly urban states. You might not think of them as such but the major metro areas dominate statewide politics. Maricopa County, the Phoenix metro area, has over half the population for the entire state. Texas has many more small towns but the 4 biggest metro areas have swelled tremendously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

There's a very good chance Republicans make gains in 2022 although I think the Senate map is still unfavorable for them until 2024.

If there is a blue wave this year blaming Romney or Bush is silly. It's on Trump. He's a horrible human being and wildly incompetent and far, far too many people can see that clearly. Some will hold their nose and still vote for him on policies alone. But probably not enough this time. The moderates and Independents want a return to the dynamics of 1992-2016 instead of the 24-hours-a-day IN YOUR FACE political environment we're in right now.
                          The foundational problems with the Republican Party date back to the Bush/McCain/Romney era That Trump is a bad human being is not their fault, but that he is literally the only Republican willing to face the risk of being called a "racist" is the result of their poor, gutless leadership, as is the demographic disaster currently facing the Republican Party. The 24-hours-a-day IN YOUR FACE political environment is 100% a consequence of cultural Marxists invading every institution from Corporate America to sports (both college and pro) to movies, and even video games. Star Wars has been all but burned to the ground in the name of Woke politics. The entire NFL has now embraced "screw America". Big budget video games have gone full Woke. Nobody invited these parasites in. The Republican side of this has been purely reactionary, as is the case with every Right Wing movement of the 20th Century. Once again, it is not Trump's fault that all of the other Republicans are too gullible or gutless to stand up to it. Getting rid of him will do absolutely nothing in that regard. BLM and Antifa won't go back in the bottle. The NBA won't suddenly decide that alienating half of their fan base is a bad idea. Getting rid of Trump will win back the "decorum" voters like Talent, but that won't accomplish anything because nobody with any courage is ever going to have adequate decorum.

And Texas is absolutely swinging blue because of immigration. Cruz only won his reelection there by 2 points and he is solidly red on all of the traditional Texas issues and doesn't have anywhere near the same personal issues as Trump. Hispanics vote 70% D in every election, give or take, and I call bullshit on any poll that shows Trump with close to half of that vote.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; October 8, 2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Are there any NFL teams out there still looking for a washed up quarterback, who wants to eliminate the police, and do away with prisons?

If so, here's your guy!

Colin Kaepernick wrote in an essay Tuesday he revisited his own statements in 2016 when he explained why he knelt for the national anthem and what change he wanted to see in regards to policing.

Comment

• The Republican side of this has been purely reactionary. Once again, it is not Trump's fault that all of the other Republicans are too gullible or gutless to stand up to it. Getting rid of him will do absolutely nothing in that regard. BLM and Antifa won't go back in the bottle. The NBA won't suddenly decide that alienating half of their fan base is a bad idea.
                              Agree especially with this part.

Comment

• The fertilizer is about to hit the ventilator here in Michigan ... seems some "militia" was talking about kidnapping Whitmer and "overthrowing the government" in the process.

Story is developing ...

Comment

Working...
                                X