No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So long as the Dems could nominate someone that wasn't threatening to dramatically change the country, they were always going to give Trump a tough race.
    But that's exactly what is happening. Packing the Supreme Court with liberal justices IS a dramatic change. The "Green New Deal" is a dramatic change, and its going to get passed in some form. Maybe not as radical as AOC and Tliab want, but they're going to get a lot of it.

President Kamala Harris will issue executive orders to curb gun ownership as soon as she's sworn in. My guess is she'll attempt to outlaw assault weapons and a lot of handguns. She'll say "The Constitution guarantees a right to bear arms, but it doesn't say what TYPE of arms". The newly liberal packed Court will "amen" her moves, and there goes your guns, folks. She's already on record as saying that is exactly what she will do.

Religious freedoms are next. "Hateful" religious groups (as defined by the sitting Democrats) will at first be denied tax exempt status on their church properties. (Pay up, you religious bigots!!) Next, any church group that wants to worship openly will have to pass a government mandated test against "preaching hate and bigotry". If you can't do that, you can't meet. Think that can't happen? Its happening now with Covid. Churches that are violating government mandates against meeting are being fined RIGHT NOW.

As I said yesterday, conservatism is breathing its last breath in America now. Sure, there will still be conservative people around, but they will be absolutely powerless, and forced to comply with the new government.

It all starts in January.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Yeah, but what's that say? I'm doing well, but my guess is other people are doing badly. Except they aren't. That, IMO, proves the power of the relentless barrage of "THIS IS TERRIBLE!" and "AWFUL, RACIST COUNTRY!" and whatever else. Yeah, I'm doing better but it sure seems like things are off the rails.

Or maybe the wrong track is just that PDJT is President. Regardless. 56-32 better/wrose. 49-46 (PDJT ideas vs Biden ideas). And he's going to lose in a landslide. It's really amazing.
        What motivates you to be part of this contradiction?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

We'll see how individual Senators do in relation to Trump. Hannibal pointed out that Ted Cruz struggled in 2018 showing Hispanic voters are irredeemable and that Texas is turning irreversibly blue because of them. Well, Jon Cornyn is running for reelection this year and it seems like he won't be in much trouble at all and is running way ahead of Trump in the polling. It seems like the Republicans in Georgia don't really have a ton to worry about either compared with Trump.

If you had asked people Is the country on the wrong track at the end of 2019 I'm sure more would've said yes than no. It doesn't necessarily mean that those people feel they owe Trump personally a debt of gratitude. Like I said, when you make a stupid spectacle of yourself on a daily basis, maybe people just don't attribute the country's success to HIM.
          It's not just Cruz. But Cruz's narrow victory in a state where his policies are perfectly in line with the stereotypical citizen of that state should show how close we are to the tipping point. And since no Republican has a path to victory without Texas, it means a lot. A scandal-less incumbent whose policies agree with the citizenry's should win every election by double digits. Note the difference in Ted Cruz's reelection versus, say, Mitch McConnell, who drubs his opponent every time despite being an otherwise unlikeable turd.

Hispanics have voted with a very very obvious pattern around the country since 1988. Even before then, Ronaldus Magnus never won 50% of their vote. This is true for all non-European immigrant groups. There is absolutely nothing remotely resembling a rational case that says that open borders does anything besides doom the Republican Party to being a permanent minority.

Comment

• What motivates you to be part of this contradiction?
            I think PDJT is a remarkably ineffectual leader that has damaged the R party. As I did in 2016, I trust in the constitutional safeguards to keep things somewhat on the rails. I understand there will be things I detest. I also assume that the Progressives are going to get way out over their skis and the voters will respond IF there's a viable option.

I think the Rs desperately need to move on past PDJT if they want to effectively combat the coming onslaught. It's obvious to me that he can't do it. He's turned off enough voters that he just can't do it. Hell, man, even someone like Tom Cotton would be winning this shit in a walk right now. It's staggering that PDJT is going to get horsewhipped in November. It speaks plainly to him as a leader.

So, I won't vote for him. As for voting for anyone, I'm drifting closer and closer to abstention. Biden and Harris are doing nothing to stop that.

I know you have your responses to that line of thinking, almost all of which I disagree with. But that's where I am. It's a definite short-term loss, but it has to be done. And I absolutely reject your long-term prophecies of doom.
            Last edited by iam416; October 9, 2020, 12:53 PM.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Your inexperience as a Republican is showing. It's all out political war and you have to stick with your guy no matter what. It's what the Democrats have been doing for decades. Anything that happens before the next Republican wave (likely will never happen) will be irreversible. If you disagree with me, then look back at the 2006 midterms and all of the Republican pundits who said that we'd be better off if the Republicans lost the House. Instead of a rededication to fiscal Conservatism, we got 8 years of Obama, Obamacare, John McCain, and everything else shitty that came with that era. Despite the Republicans flipping back Congress with a huge mandate in 2010, none of that era's legislation will ever been reversed. Who gives a shit if you win if your side never moves the football? We will never win by losing, and until the Republican establishment fully accepts the Trump agenda (likely never), you will never get a polite and eloquent Republican who can push back credibly on Woke culture, illegal immigration, and other Democrat insanity. You're asking for a unicorn.
              Last edited by Hannibal; October 9, 2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• You need to Google another picture, CGVT.

In other news today, Nancy Pelosi has started the process to invoke the 25th Amendment, to remove Trump from office due to his health issues. It will fail of course, but this is a preview of what the Dems will "lovingly" do when they kick Joe out of office and install Kamala.

I can't stand Kamala, but she's a smart cookie. She went from being one of the first "outs" of the primary season, to being the next President. That gal knows an opportunity when she sees it. She gambled, and won, .. big time.

Comment

• You grossly overestimate Harris.

Comment

You grossly overestimate Harris.
                    Agreed. Harris is good when he has prep time, but is not good thinking on her feet. Everything is subsumed to her ambitions of getting more power. In that way she is bendable to political winds (look at her signing onto progressive causes when it looked that was the way to go and quickly abandoning them when she encountered resistance). She is smart. But that campaign she ran (dropping out before Iowa) was just a cold mess. There will be a definite primary challenge to her in 2024 or 2028.

Biden sees the Mayor Petes and Sen Harris types as the future of the Dem party. They have a pretty package and thrill ID politics people, make Wall Street happy and have no actual beliefs. Now, when you get a very talented politician say Bill Clinton or Barack Obama that works very well. Problem is not many of those guys come along (maybe once in a generation).
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      You need to Google another picture, CGVT.

In other news today, Nancy Pelosi has started the process to invoke the 25th Amendment, to remove Trump from office due to his health issues. It will fail of course, but this is a preview of what the Dems will "lovingly" do when they kick Joe out of office and install Kamala.

I can't stand Kamala, but she's a smart cookie. She went from being one of the first "outs" of the primary season, to being the next President. That gal knows an opportunity when she sees it. She gambled, and won, .. big time.
                      That picture is just fine for all of you clutching your pearls in fits of doom and gloom.

Pelosi is not trying to invoke the 25th on Trump. It is to set in place guidelines for the future. It is also a cheap political stunt, but it keeps the fact that FDJT is a raving lunatic in the forefront, so I guess there is that.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I think Trump is legit trying to win this time. He's just awful and no one believes it's all a 'campaign persona" this time around. Now there's always been a theory about 2016, and I think it's quite plausible, that he never really wanted or expected to win. He ran for President because the Apprentice money was drying up, he spent too much in the 2000's and 2010's buying moneypit golf courses, and he needed something new to help 'juice' his brand. Ego issues aside, after he lost he could've set up an OANN type network to compete with Fox, ranting and raving for the rest of his days about how Hillary had stolen the election from him.

There may just be something to that 2016 theory, and it's not unlike what set up Biden being poised to take over in January. The R's were so inept in coming up with anybody that was capable of standing up to Hillary that it almost seemed that they were conceding the election from the get go. So along comes Trump who wants to wake people up and even he doesn't realize just how pissed off people are with the Clowns on both sides of the aisle.

You would think that at least one of those sides should have figured it out between then and now.

Comment

• I agree, Whitley. I think the biggest problem for Harris is that she just isn’t a good baseline politician. She’s not charismatic. She’s not genuine. She’s just bad. There’s a reason she failed miserably against the likes of Bernie, Kloubachar and Mayor Pete.

Comment

I agree, Whitley. I think the biggest problem for Harris is that she just isn’t a good baseline politician. She’s not charismatic. She’s not genuine. She’s just bad. There’s a reason she failed miserably against the likes of Bernie, Kloubachar and Mayor Pete.
                            But even with all that, she'll be living at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC in about a year from now. Give or take a couple months.

So, I guess she will have the last laugh. On all of us.

Comment

• This is baseless and unprecedented.

Comment

I agree, Whitley. I think the biggest problem for Harris is that she just isn’t a good baseline politician. She’s not charismatic. She’s not genuine. She’s just bad. There’s a reason she failed miserably against the likes of Bernie, Kloubachar and Mayor Pete.
                                Mayor Pete to me an empty suit that like Harris is willing to do what he needs to try and get more power.

Kloubacher--I don't agree with her politics but at least she is honest about them. She says she is moderate and her policies back her up.

But I think the Democratic establishment is on its last legs. It took President Obama beyond the scenes to unite the party under one banner against Bernie.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X