Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aw man...the Amazing Randi has died.

For those unfamiliar Randi was a longtime magician who later became a debunker and skeptic who sought out to discredit “psychics”, faith healers, and other people claiming to have supernatural powers. He had a standing offer of a $1M to any psychic who could demonstrate his powers on Randi’s terms and never paid out a cent.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      So asking people to wear masks and social distance is a temper tantrum.

Got it
      You know, when it comes to masking and social distancing, she acts like it was solely her idea, and not that of health professionals. And, nobody cares more about distancing and masking than Gretch. Just ask her.

But back to the point. In the article, she's blaming it on church folks.

And that is part of her continuing tantrum after having lost in the MSC.

But, you already knew that.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ...again...kidnapping is the only option...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

You know, when it comes to masking and social distancing, she acts like it was solely her idea, and not that of health professionals. And, nobody cares more about distancing and masking than Gretch. Just ask her.

But back to the point. In the article, she's blaming it on church folks.

And that is part of her continuing tantrum after having lost in the MSC.

But, you already knew that.
          Oh bullshit.

I read the article. She is blaming it on public gatherings and people's failure to follow basic guidelines. It just so happens that church gatherings are pubic gatherings where people aren't following the guidelines.

She is not throwing a tantrum.

Michigan Man is giving Florida Man a run for his money.

Between militias and anti-mask idiots I am embarrassed for my home state and I live in Alabama FFS
          Last edited by CGVT; October 22, 2020, 05:09 AM.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• An NPR article on small donor fund raising, particularly affecting Senate races.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/22/92589...-in-most-races.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Between militias and anti-mask idiots I am embarrassed for my home state and I live in Alabama FFS
              Can't really argue on that one. We, as a state, elected her. We also elected an even bigger twit (if that's possible) in Granholm TWICE. And oh, we've still got Detroit and Flint.

Comment

• Morning of debate day, arguably Trump's last chance to significantly alter the race, and he's on Twitter gloating that he'll soon be releasing an "unedited" preview of his 60 Minutes interview which shows all his "magnificently brilliant" answers to her angry questions.

Comment

• Senate Judiciary Committee voted 12-0 to send ACB's confirmation vote to the full Senate. The Democratic members boycotted and did not show up for the vote to demonstrate their adulthood and ability to govern.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ee/3711469001/

Comment

• Between militias and anti-mask idiots I am embarrassed for my home state and I live in Alabama FFS
                    When it comes to so-called "militias", those groups are no more prevalent in Michigan than they are in the south. I lived in Florida for four years, and to me the nimrods who "plotted to kidnap Whitmer" are no different than those down south who long for the days of the Confederacy.

When I go out and about here in Michigan, I see that the vast majority of people are wearing face masks. The vast majority of people are social distancing. The spike in Covid cases are mostly attributed to HS and college students returning to class. Kids gonna be kids.

Also a lot of cases are being attributed to people going to BARS. Gotta have the booze ... but lets be sure to blame churches instead of bars....

While some cases of Covid have been traced back to church gatherings, that's not where the majority of cases are happening. And by the way, isn't it interesting that Whitmer seems to target white congregations of churches, and not the large Detroit area congregations (filled with Democrat voters) of black folks?

She's a hypocrite, and she's a petty little girl who pouts and lashes out when she doesn't get her way. IMO she's worse than Gennifer Grandholm in that way. Grandholm didn't care who disagreed with her. She just took the state down, and patted herself on the back as she did it.

Tom is right about Detroit and Flint. What General Motors did to Flint would get ordinary people tossed in prison.
                    Last edited by lineygoblue; October 22, 2020, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Senate Judiciary Committee voted 12-0 to send ACB's confirmation vote to the full Senate. The Democratic members boycotted and did not show up for the vote to demonstrate their adulthood and ability to govern.
                      And they are about to be rewarded with total control of everything. House, Senate, Presidency and USSC, when its packed with approved liberals.

Comment

• Grandholm took the state down in what way? Serious question.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

And they are about to be rewarded with total control of everything. House, Senate, Presidency and USSC, when its packed with approved liberals.
                          The court will not be packed but the D’s will have the other 3 for 2 years before they likely get hammered in the midterms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

The court will not be packed but the D’s will have the other 3 for 2 years before they likely get hammered in the midterms.
                            If the Dems are smart, and forward-looking, they'd realize that they don't have to threaten to pack the court. Alito, Thomas and Breyer are all likely to retire in the next 4 years, and thus, Kamala will be able to put 3 liberals in replacing 2 conservatives and one liberal. So, packing in favor of the libs isn't even necessary. Its going to happen by natural attrition.

At the end of Kamala's first term:

Lib Justices: Kagan, Sotomoyor, + 3 Kamala appointees. And, Roberts, most of the time. He doesn't have the spine to remain with the C's.
                            Cons: Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Barrett.

That's 6-3 liberal, folks. And it will stay that way for a very long time.
                            Last edited by lineygoblue; October 22, 2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• And that will be fine as long as they do it without changing the rules. And then when the Rs win back the WH at some point, they will nominate the judges and so on and so forth.

Comment

• STFU
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X