X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    Republican optimism is more or less based on these numbers:

El1QGMdWMAEVerG?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Tough to say whether this will come to fruition or not. Is Trump really going to triple his vote on election day? Turnout would have to be insane for that to happen.
    Dunno about some of the Midwest states but that scenario seems impossible in Florida/Georgia/N Carolina. Those states are already around 94-95% of their 2016 turnout.

Turnout in Florida in 2016 was 74.48%. There are 14,065,627 registered voters in Florida. If turnout ends up being about the same that'll mean 10,549,220 people voted. In other words, only about another 1.5M votes tomorrow. Turnout of 80% would mean another 700,000 votes or so on top of that.

Right now the breakdown in Florida as to who already HAS voted

3.5M (D)
    3.4M (R)
    2.0M (I)

Assume the two major party defectors cancel each other out. The big question is how do those Independents who have already voted split? If it's 55-45, Biden has a 300,000 vote lead. If it's 60-40, Biden has a 500,000 vote lead.

Comment

• FWIW, in 2016 Florida Independents went 47-43 for Trump

It's possible there will be a similar result in the end. I was only making an assumption that Biden has an edge in the ones who have already voted because that CBS poll suggests it.

Comment

• My map

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I'm not so optimistic as you Whitley...

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I don’t think he’ll get Ohio and Georgia by the rest is probably right on. It won’t be very close in any case.

Comment

• Lol, CGVT. Love that clip. Rest easy knowing the most despised candidate in history is not repping the D squad this year. That’s really all it comes down to.

Now that I think of it, Michigan should work that clip into their pre-game video montage before the team takes the field.
              Last edited by Mike; November 2, 2020, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Lol, CGVT. Love that clip. Rest easy knowing the most despised candidate in history is not repping the D squad this year. That’s really all it comes down to.
                Yep. The Dems had no clue to how hated Hillary was, but man, the support for Trump... I just don't get it.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• In the "never thought I'd see the day" category... business owners here in my community were boarding up windows today in anticipation of possible violence due to the election.

Right here in small town America.

Biden Harris 2020!!!!!

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Same around here for a couple of businesses. Many are afraid of what the armed Trumpsters will do when Biden wins. There was one clown passing out handbills in Old Holly last Saturday calling for people to "take back the streets with arms" if Trump is "robbed".

At any rate, everyone get out and vote if you haven't already. Today we decide whether to continue or end our federal executive branch experiment in kakistocracy.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      In the "never thought I'd see the day" category... business owners here in my community were boarding up windows today in anticipation of possible violence due to the election.

Biden Harris 2020!!!!!
                      Yep. It is amazing what Trump has done to this country in four short years.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        In the "never thought I'd see the day" category... business owners here in my community were boarding up windows today in anticipation of possible violence due to the election.

Biden Harris 2020!!!!!
                        It's amazing, but the Left is always about violence and force. But, yeah. After what we in 2016 and then this summer -- if PDJT somehow defies every single poll and wins -- the Left will absolutely resort to burning things down...again. And their antipathy toward business owners is, of course, well-established. So, yeah, I'd prepare for the worse.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I hear Gretchen the Cruel is driving busloads of inner city Detroit gang members to rural Shiawasee County to first vote illegally and then terrorize farmsteads and small business owners.

IT'S ELECTION DAY!!!

Fuck Dixville Notch

Comment

• Looking forward to racial injustice and Covid-19 being defeated this week.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And this has become my evergreen post, but I look at these two candidates and think, “This, THIS! is the best that America has to offer to lead our country?”
                              Attached Files
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                Looking forward to racial injustice and Covid-19 being defeated this week.
                                Probably as much as I'm looking forward to Republicans rediscovering "fiscal discipline".

Comment

Working...
                                X