Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Every seat they win in 2020 is one less they need in 2022. I remember when folks thought they’d lose 10-15 seats this election. Heh.
    i wonder if they can get enough crossover votes for good legislation (e.g. Big Tech censorship).

Comment

• Imagine living a life where you hold up Carlson, Ingraham and Hannity as some sort of journalistic heroes. Ingraham and Carlson are nihilists who don't believe a thing they say but they love the ducats, who knows with Lumpy. Anybody who holds these three frauds in high esteem might need to make a personal self assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        “New Alabama HS basketball rule: Due to covid No jump ball to start the game. They then play actual full contact basketball against each other for 32 minutes, like they get super close to each other & then if the game goes to OT they WILL have a jump ball. You gotta love Science!”

The above is not a joke. These are the rules put in place.
        Thank the lord! I was afraid they wouldn’t take the virus seriously but that jump ball thing puts it to rest.

Comment

• My son had a scrimmage in Mobile last night. I volunteered to drive the school bus. I was the only parent allowed in the gym. They checked everyone's temperature as we came. I wondered why they didn't have a jump ball.

His season starts next week. I think they are only allowing 75 spectators in the gym for games.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If I had to guess re jump ball, I’d say they they don’t want refs ever touching the ball, like football.

Did refs handle the ball, CGVT?
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't know how a basketball game could be done without the R's touching the ball at least occasionally. Out of bounds plays, free throws, etc.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah, it’d be hard. That’s why I was asking!

Comment

• Other than no jump ball, it was a regular basketball game.

Seems kind of stupid to really limit anything when it comes to team sport (I guess I can see keeping the crowds small).

You either plays 'em and takes your chances or you don't
                  Last edited by CGVT; November 5, 2020, 10:37 PM.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Everyone that was in the gym other than the refs and players had to wear a mask.

Comment

• Same rule in Nebraska. I'm guessing it's an NFHS thing. Very ridiculous but the NFHS has never really been much for common sense.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There's a huge shortage of officials here in Michigan this year because a lot of older guys are taking the year off due to Covid. Game times for football games have had to be staggered so that a crew can work an early game, and then a late game on Fridays, and then turn around and work as many as 3 games on Saturdays. The guys who are working are making a ton of money.

Back about 10 years ago, we had too many officials. New guys left when assigners would not give them games, because they were too busy taking care of their pals.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          There's a huge shortage of officials here in Michigan this year because a lot of older guys are taking the year off due to Covid. Game times for football games have had to be staggered so that a crew can work an early game, and then a late game on Fridays, and then turn around and work as many as 3 games on Saturdays. The guys who are working are making a ton of money.

Back about 10 years ago, we had too many officials. New guys left when assigners would not give them games, because they were too busy taking care of their pals.
                          From what I have read it appears that there is a bit of a crisis as far as sports officials go. More are quitting and fewer are starting to ref/umpire partially because of the abuse that they are getting from parents coaches and fans.

There is a soccer ref that has a facebook page dedicated to it.

FWIW, after my youngest son goes off the college I am seriously considering getting certified and doing AAU basketball tourneys and more junior games to supplement my retirement income . Not sure if I want to be a 62 year old rookie ref, though.

Comment

• You couldn't be any worse than The Wizard. At anything.

Comment

• Georgia is finally slightly Biden, but there's zero way that's getting called any time soon. Nevada, Arizona and Pennsylvania should get called, but fuck if I know what those assclowns are doing.

It's shocking that so many states can be so efficient at counting and others are horrific.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Georgia is finally slightly Biden, but there's zero way that's getting called any time soon. Nevada, Arizona and Pennsylvania should get called, but fuck if I know what those assclowns are doing.

It's shocking that so many states can be so efficient at counting and others are horrific.
                                Florida and Ohio have very good systems. Of course, Florida learned the hard way.

I think the networks are scared to call Pennsylvania before Biden officially takes the lead there. Everyone knows it's happening but they want to wait since that will effectively call the election. Some reporting this morning that Trump's people are worried Fox might call the election first and undermine Trump's legal challenges. They want it to be a liberal network that makes the first call so they can complain about the fix being in.

Comment

Working...
                                X