No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An antibody treatment for Covid produced by Lilly Pharmaceuticals has been approved for use.

The Food and Drug Administration authorized the experimental treatment, called bamlanivimab, for use against mild-to-moderate COVID-19 in adults
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's called bamlanivimab

The name needs some work, boys

Comment

• Trump making a simple request in a new lawsuit. Block Pennsylvania from certifying its election and participation in the Electoral College. OR invalidate all 2.65M mail-in ballots

President Donald Trump’s campaign sued to block Pennsylvania from certifying the result of last week’s election, claiming a variety of alleged voting irregularities justifies keeping the winner of the contest up in the air while the case proceeds.

Comment

• Might not stay that way but Biden is now ahead in Georgia by more votes than Trump won Michigan by in 2016

Comment

• PDJT will be closer to winning in 2020 than he was to losing in 2016.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Some Jones Day lawyers in the news complaining that their firm’s work with Trump’s lawsuits are dangerous.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                Some Jones Day lawyers in the news complaining that their firm’s work with Trump’s lawsuits are dangerous.
                Yep, Some signs of integrity. Hopefully we'll see the same from the courts and they throw these stupid assed lawsuits out.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Some Jones Day lawyers in the news complaining that their firm’s work with Trump’s lawsuits are dangerous.
                  The head of DOJ’s Election Crimes division resigned last night in protest over Barr’s change in policy. Although Barr seems to primarily be humoring Trump

Comment

• What I'm appreciating is the steadfastness with which the Biden camp is pressing on to prepare Biden's administration to deal with the two gigantically important issues facing the US: The pandemic and the US economy. You can be completely apolitical about this and still see how disruptive the Trump camp is to the important objectives of reducing the impact of the pandemic on the US economy.

I do think there is an obvious media bias in how the behavior of the two camps is depicted. That is political and as we would expect, the Biden camp is characterized as the good buys, Trump's the bad guys. But if you step back I think it is impossible to ignore the Trump camp's apparent replacement of national interests with the self centered, self serving interests of a dangerously narcissistic president.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Not unexpectedly, the NYTs continues to focus on new COVID case numbers as the defining feature of the pandemic. I will give them credit for allowing some encouraging pandemic facts to creep into their reporting.

It should be apparent to even the casual observer that the rate of new infections is far less important than other metrics spoken frequently about here, specifically CFR, but also the less attended to numbers of asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic COVID cases and rates of recovery from COVID. The asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic cases dwarf the numbers of COVID cases requiring hospitalization. This realty is starting to get some press..... I have no doubt that this is a signal that a shift in the COVID narrative toward a more positive one, that politically driven positive shift we have spoken about here before, is already taking place as the forthcoming Biden presidency becomes ascendant.

You can see in this expansive presentation of COVID data a lot of things depending on what you want to see. I see dramatic declines in CFR from day 1 to the present. A huge number of COVID cases that have no or mild symptoms (somewhere between 95% and 97%, Low hospitalization rates to begin with that become skewed by age biasing. You can get easily overwhelmed by the "bad news" in these charts. It takes some discipline to find good news. I think we will start seeing more focus on this in the months to come.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iew/index.html

Recovery rates for all cases is depicted here. I'll keep looking but I haven't found a clear graphic presentation of the recovery rates isolated for hospitalized patients. I am certain it has to be age stratified for it to be meaningful and if you look at data across all age groups it is going to get skewed by the low rate of recovery for a low number of hospitalized COVID patients who are over 70. You'd have to weight the age stratified data to avoid bias. Haven't seen that ..... yet. Still, this chart shows the impressive increase in recovery rates over time.

image_8850.jpg

View a larger version here, you can also cone the chart down on the X axis to show shorter time frames - over the last 4 weeks for example, recovery rates continue to climb in the face of increasing total cases and stable or declining death rates. To me, that suggests people who are getting admitted are getting managed well, recovering and being sent home. This is a different assessment of things, a much more positive one, than the dreadful personal stories we are bombarded with and depictions of overwhelmed hospitals :

An interactive, data-forward visualization of COVID-19 data by Prof. Wade at The University of Illinois. Updated daily.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        Not unexpectedly, the NYTs continues to focus on new COVID case numbers as the defining feature of the pandemic. I will give them credit for allowing some encouraging pandemic facts to creep into their reporting
                        I wonder what has changed recently to where everyone is suddenly starting to report positive Covid news.

Comment

• So, in other words, the narrative is trending exactly how it would be if it was designed to conform with the Election?

Interesting..

Comment

• The asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic cases dwarf the numbers of COVID cases requiring hospitalization. This realty is starting to get some press..... I have no doubt that this is a signal that a shift in the COVID narrative toward a more positive one, that politically driven positive shift we have spoken about here before, is already taking place as the forthcoming Biden presidency becomes ascendant.
                            In about 2 months, Dr. Strangelove will be full-on reporting every Covid recovery instead of every Covid case.

At this point, the Media is farcical to almost anyone who pays attention.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              An antibody treatment for Covid produced by Lilly Pharmaceuticals has been approved for use.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...rus/114796526/
                              ...just had to get rid of that GD Trump...look at all these covid breakthroughs...amazing...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                                So, in other words, the narrative is trending exactly how it would be if it was designed to conform with the Election?

Interesting..
                                Truly amazing isn't it...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X