No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Well, mom, ginormous risk-adverse corporations are spending a fuckton of money manufacturing doses so that they'll be ready to go when it's approved, so...."
    Did you really use that language in talking to your mama? I'm surprised she didn't warsh out your mouth with soap, and take a tree switch to yer hide ...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• These two stories perfectly represent the differences in how this summer's rioting and looting have been reported in the media. I found this article in the Federalist yesterday. This morning I went back to find it again and my Google search also returned this related article from CNN because both pieces are based on THE SAME STUDY from a non-partisan group called Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED).

The first one from the Federalist: Study: Up To 95 Percent Of 2020 U.S. Riots Are Linked To Black Lives Matter

Contrary to corporate media narratives, up to 95 percent of this summer’s riots are linked to Black Lives Matter activism, according to data collected by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED). The data also show that nearly 6 percent — or more than 1 in 20 — of U.S. protests between May 26 and Sept. 5 involved rioting, looting, and similar violence, including 47 fatalities.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/16...-lives-matter/

Hmmm... roughly 6% of protests were violent you say?

From the CNN article based the SAME STUDY: About 93% of racial justice protests in the US have been peaceful, a new report finds

The findings, released Thursday, contradict assumptions and claims by some that protests associated with the Black Lives Matter movement are spawning violence and destruction of property.

The report was produced by the US Crisis Project, a joint effort by the Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED) and the Bridging Divides Initiative (BDI) at Princeton University, which collects and analyzes real-time data on demonstrations and political violence in the US.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/us/bl...rnd/index.html

Gee, I just don't understand why people don't like Big Media. I mean, hey, they only looted in like 220 cities or whatever but look how many times they DIDN'T burn down a family-owned shoe store or beat an old man senseless...
      Last edited by Mike; November 18, 2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• To go back to an article I posted a few days ago -- people who follow the rules hate it when people who don't follow the rules are excused or, even worse, rewarded. And that is the fundamental tenet of today's progressivism.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          ..... I would think that we'd actually be more receptive to the idea of some restrictions now, knowing vaccines are coming soon.
          First, this shouldn't be a red v. blue issue. Aggravating that it is. Decisions on restrictions wrt mitigating the virus should be based on color blind, hard data. Obvious to most, not so for the minority that wants this to be about politics.

Second, on the contrary. A vaccine on the horizon should give mitigation policy makers pause for the reasons i posted above.

I just want to reiterate and Justice Alito agrees with me, the pandemic has revealed the risk of woke liberals at various levels of government imposing unprecedented levels of control of our lives. Its contrary to liberty enshrined in our Constitution and Bill of rights.

Believe me, if I thought that the threat of COVID was as serious as it is being made out to be, like impending nuclear attack mass casualties serious, I'd be all for imposing all manner of restrictions and locking shit down. Its not, not even close. So, tell me to act responsibly and tell me how, but otherwise, stay the fuck out of my life.

........ I also forgot to mention, research is showing vaccine is likely to confer a year, maybe more, of immunity. Get off my lawn.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 18, 2020, 11:06 AM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

First, this shouldn't be a red v. blue issue. Aggravating that it is. Decisions on restrictions wrt mitigating the virus should be based on color blind, hard data. Obvious to most, not so for the minority that wants this to be about politics.

Second, on the contrary. A vaccine on the horizon should give mitigation policy makers pause for the reasons i posted above.

I just want to reiterate and Justice Alito agrees with me, the pandemic has revealed the risk of woke liberals at various levels of government imposing unprecedented levels of control of our lives. Its contrary to liberty enshrined in our Constitution and Bill of rights.

Believe me, if I thought that the threat of COVID was as serious as it is being made out to be, like impending nuclear attack mass casualties serious, I'd be all for imposing all manner of restrictions and locking shit down. Its not, not even close. So, tell me to act responsibly and tell me how, but otherwise, stay the fuck out of my life.
            Well I kinda doubt the Governor of North Dakota is a "woke liberal" hellbent on controlling the lives of the citizens.

And when there's an end date in sight (the vaccines), I think we should be more open to restrictions than before. I'm not talking total lockdown. But maybe limiting hours of certain businesses, continuing to only allow 50% capacity? Sure.

Comment

• Believe me, if I thought that the threat of COVID was as serious as it is being made out to be, like impending nuclear attack mass casualties serious, I'd be all for imposing all manner of restrictions and locking shit down. Its not, not even close. So, tell me to act responsibly and tell me how, but otherwise, stay the fuck out of my life.
              POTD

(post of the day, with emphasis on the last sentence.)

Comment

• Seconded.

This is coming from Wiz...who is now 8 days into Covid...sucks but not deadly. Been sick before and will again. Life goes on.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  Seconded.

This is coming from Wiz...who is now 8 days into Covid...sucks but not deadly. Been sick before and will again. Life goes on.

Get well soon, my friend.

Comment

• I was wondering when this particular forum would get it's first covid case. Hope you're getting by well enough, Wiz. Enjoy watching those great Huskerz games of the past....if you still have a VCR.

Comment

• Fortunately for The Wizard, douchebaggery, asshattery, dumbfuckery and blackshirtery aren't co-morbidities.

Comment

• EFZ and Seconded.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Get well soon, my friend.
                          Thanks Liney
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz ...... get well, man. Keep up the good fight.

DSL, we probably agree on the selective mitigation measures thinking ...... you'd probably argue for more than I would. That's fair.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Get well, Wiz.

Although being 'well' mentally is a ship long since sailed for you.

Comment

• In Ohio, the median age of Covid-related death is still 80. 78% of all Ohio deaths are folks over 70 and 92% are over 60.

In Franklin County -- Columbus -- there have been 678 deaths. Of those 678, 441 have occured at long-term care facilities. The overall CFR for Franklin County is approximately 1% because, well, the median age for cases is 34. Franklin County also still has over 20% hospital and ICU capacity available.

Again, none of this is "good" -- but, it ain't the goddamn plague.

Comment

Working...
                                X