No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Trump has largely moved beyond the court cases at this point, knowing somewhere in his dark soul that they are hopeless. It's all about persuading state officials to delay certification of the vote now. What I don't know is what the end game is. Does Trump think he can actually steal the election this way, by having state legislatures in multiple states overrule the popular vote? Or is it all to just stall a final announcement as long as possible to somehow increase his post-Presidency 'leverage'?

Kemp in GA just announced he'd be having an unexpected "Election update" announcement at 5 PM after the Sec of State seemed to indicate the vote had now been certified then maybe retracted that announcement?. Pence is 'coincidentally' in Georgia. By Georgia law they are supposed to have the vote certified no later than 5 PM today. And Trump flew in the two guys from Michigan just to have a nice friendly chat.

Comment

• Making an offer they cant refuse

Comment

• Yeah i saw the tucker thing--did throw cold water over a lot of republican hopes by having tucker come out swinging.

However you want to look at it--repubs with flies on there head and goo dripping down their faces certainly take away from the message.

Dont lknow if they'll ever be able to prove it --but those two spikes in wisconcin/michigan at 3am just stunk of something--both dumps didnt show anny trump movement at the same time . jbut whatever. if they didnt win the georgia recount they need to concede. if georgia has anythin of a similar spike then powell and giulliani and trump need to prove it there.

abrams might be a shitty politician from my POV but she certsainly has flipflopped that state and gotten out the vote by any means possible

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
          Yeah i saw the tucker thing--did throw cold water over a lot of republican hopes by having tucker come out swinging.

However you want to look at it--repubs with flies on there head and goo dripping down their faces certainly take away from the message.

Dont lknow if they'll ever be able to prove it --but those two spikes in wisconcin/michigan at 3am just stunk of something--both dumps didnt show anny trump movement at the same time . jbut whatever. if they didnt win the georgia recount they need to concede. if georgia has anythin of a similar spike then powell and giulliani and trump need to prove it there.

abrams might be a shitty politician from my POV but she certsainly has flipflopped that state and gotten out the vote by any means possible
          On the chart you and Trump posted, you can clearly see that Trump got some votes too at the same time of the big "dump". It's just that Milwaukee announced all its mail-in votes at once and those were always going to go heavily Democrat.

If the Republican-dominated Wisconsin legislature had allowed counties to get a head start on counting the mail ballots, during the day while in-person voting was happening, nothing would have been announced in the middle of the night. Biden would have jumped out to a huge lead like he did in Ohio, and it would've slowly whittled away like it did here and Arizona.

Comment

• And nevermind about any hijinks in Georgia. Based on tweets Kemp & Trump just put out, they are resisting Trump's tantrums

Comment

• Can you post the tweets ........ Like Trump, Kemp is a governor that I like his policies but the guy is a sleazeball and always has been. I don't trust that fucker at all not to come up with some hair-brained reason to delay GA's vote cert. It seems to me if he is nicely telling Trump he lost, that would be a significant event as guys like Kemp can and should be at the front of the line of R governors signaling that they're breaking ranks with PDJT. Desantis will likewise follow Kemp.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well it was really just a tweet from trump bitching about how Kemp and the SOS were blocking his people from looking at signatures (which would reveal hundreds of thousands of illegal votes according to him) and at almost the exact same time Kemp posted something like "Let's save the Senate and vote for Loeffler & Perdue!"

I got this a bit crossed with an Atlanta reporter who's now saying the vote's being certified at 5PM by both Raffensperger and Kemp.

Comment

• Good enough. Sounds about right from what I'm hearing on local news.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• A quick COVID note: There are reports that self administered at-home tests are producing a high rate of false positives. The at-home tests are delivered to the patient's address, collected by the patient, stuck in a mailer and then sent to a lab. If the test comes back +, the lab reports that and then advises the patient to come in for a confirmatory RT/PCR test. Some states report these second tests, some don't. See the problem?

As at home tests become more widely available and as they are administered to asymptomatic patients just wanting to "know" if they have the "rona," The value of total positives by any state, or county is going to be reduced. There is a known high rate of false +s when asymptomatic patients are administered the test. Add to that false positive created by improper sampling, transport, improper processing and there could be a lot of these and those are hard to identify and cull out.

Don't get me wrong. As a percent of the total tests administered that are positive, that number of true false positives will be small but it still has the potential of skewing the results when total tests in, say, a county, are small. When states count county +s, each county is given equal weight regardless of the county's population. The impact of that way of tallying, given the potential for a lot of false positives, can be significant ....... it is just one more reason to question both the absolute number of new COVID positive tests and rates of new infections.

Comment

• Kind of seems like even the "delay certification" strategy is starting to fall apart. Georgia's vote is final. The Michigan guys made it sound like they're not interested in Trump's games and asked for covid money while they were there. In Arizona the last lawsuit got tossed and Maricopa County's election board, controlled by Republicans, says they're ready to certify.

Comment

• At his 5pm News Conference GA Governor Kemp failed to say definitively that he would certify the election results for the state he governs. He had some mealy mouthed complaint about certain types of ballots not being properly signature checked, several counties made big errors, but most performed well and how all this was not going to be repeated in the important run-off that was coming in a matter of weeks. He just neglected to announce in clear terms Biden won and was going to certify that he did. Totally planned.

Within the last hour, he has certified GA's vote..... privately. I suspect it was also very reluctantly having run out of options to do whatever shit he thought he could get away with for Trump. As the former Sec State, he knew damn well that all the voting rules were followed to the letter by every precinct - in fact, better than expected - and that Trump had exhausted all remedies available to him, legal and otherwise. Kemp was bound by state law to sign the vote certification giving the popular vote and all of GA's Electoral College votes to Biden. His sleazy cover doesn't amount to shit, he put his pen to paper and did it but what a clown show.

Comment

• I just can’t believe that all this bluster will lead to nothing. Someone here said the states have certification dates and they’ll certify and that’ll be that. Duh.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Check out the difference between what the Maricopa Republican Chairman is saying and what the Arizona state Republicans are saying in fundraising emails. Crazy

EnT2Bh1W8AMSL0q?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Who needs peace?

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., laid out a scathing attack on President Trump's foreign policy Friday, arguing his Middle East agreements weren't actually "peace deals" but arms deals that should be reversed by the next administration.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The Trump administration's approach to the ME is game changing ....... depends on which side of this complex situation going back a 1/2 century or more you are on.

I'm not a two state proponent for a lot of reasons all of them controversial and debatable. I do know this: I'm likely to reject anything that comes from any member of The Squad just on principal alone.

It will be interesting to see how the Biden administration proceeds. Trump's policy can be built on. Unwinding it is another matter entirely. The benefit of it is that it got the parties out of solutions that were unachievable.

Comment

Working...
                                X