No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's pretty funny to watch Republican Senators give interviews saying how they'll block people like Susan Rice, and Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren from any Cabinet appointments while still refusing to acknowledge Biden is President-elect.

Comment

• Kyle Rittenhouse made bail yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Kyle Rittenhouse made bail yesterday.
        Supposedly the MyPillow guy and Ricky Schroeder of Silver Spoons fame put up the funds.

Comment

• So maybe the Republican Party has some unity problems of its own...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            The Trump administration's approach to the ME is game changing ....... depends on which side of this complex situation going back a 1/2 century or more you are on.

I'm not a two state proponent for a lot of reasons all of them controversial and debatable. I do know this: I'm likely to reject anything that comes from any member of The Squad just on principal alone.

It will be interesting to see how the Biden administration proceeds. Trump's policy can be built on. Unwinding it is another matter entirely. The benefit of it is that it got the parties out of solutions that were unachievable.
            Yeah, PDJT got the Middle East right, much to Obama's chagrin. Oprama still blames Netanyahu for not completely capitulating to Oprama's genius. Turns out Israel will make deals with formerly hostile countries provided it's in their interest. Go fucking figure.

PDJT's foreign policy was hit and miss, but this an absolute hit. Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain we'll be back to siding with demands of Hamas (while, of course, ostensibly condemning them...lollololol).
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• As with his foreign policy, his immigration policy was hit and miss. But, making "asylum" seekers wait in Mexico is 100% the right thing to do. It's also 100% correct to make asylum seekers seek asylum in the nearest free country (i.e., Mexico). It's obvious that those who wish to massively increase immigration without, you know, doing the actual work of legislation, contort the meaning of asylum to include "economic asylum". Or -- is your country poor? Great! Jump to the head of the line.

I'm not sure exactly how Biden will approach the ME. I'm 100% sure that anyone who says "asylum" will get into the US and then, of course, get citizenship. And they'll get some catchy name like the "Dreamers" instead of "Line Jumpers" or "Rule Breakers" or "Illegals."

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• shaddup and get right with the Hickory Huskerz
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Trump’s policies- on foreign affairs, immigration, or anything else, weren’t his problem. In fact the hysterical reactions to them may have actually helped him. It was ALL about his character.

Comment

• Wisconsin recount is underway and according to the Milwaukee Election official, Trump observers are trying to toss out literally every ballot from some city districts.

I'll point out right now that neither Milwaukee or Madison used the Dominion machines. But those are the only two counties that Trump wanted a recount in, despite some of his rural counties using the Dominion machines. That demonstrates what a sham and pathetic grasping at straws this all is.

Comment

• trumpy4.JPG
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• PA Judge demolishes Trump campaign's lawsuit. This is the one Rudy Giuliani personally argued after most of the outside lawyers quit.

Brann wrote that in asking the court to undo millions of legally cast votes, he would expect a plaintiff to “come formidably armed with compelling legal arguments and factual proof of rampant corruption.” However, he continued, “that has not happened.”

Rudy trying to spin this as a big win because it means getting to the Supreme Court faster lol

Senator Toomey came to the judge's defense (he had a hand in selecting him) and also said it's time to recognize Biden as President-Elect.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...effort-to-undo

Comment

• This woman's a moron and might actually believe the bullshit she's spreading. Now accusing Gov. Kemp of being in on the conspiracy to beat Trump because of bribes paid to him by Dominion.

She's going to "blow up" the state of Georgia with a totally awesome legal filing.

Reality is this woman never actually files anything. She just goes on rightwing show after rightwing show making wild accusations and never bothers to show up to court with all this "evidence" that she claims to have. Tucker rightly called her out and is getting tons of hate mail because of it.

Comment

• I learned yesterday that a good friend of mine that lives in Fort Lauderdale had a temperature on Thursday, not feeling well and tested positive for COVID. The first person in my circle of friends and acquaintances to contract the virus .... and Wiz of course. He has no idea where he might have been exposed. He's practiced the usual mitigation measures of masking and distancing although he admits he is occasionally less than perfectly compliant. My friend is immunocompromised and 60 something so he's "scared" he told me. He feels OK, has a dry cough that is being suppressed with medications and wears a device to measure oxygen saturation on his finger - that's holding at 95%.

The reason I bring this up is to remind everyone that you are vulnerable and the math suggests that on a macro level more so as seroprevalence increases in the county you reside in or might travel to over the Holidays. But on a personal, micro level your risk remains very low. You can measure it against the number of people you might be gathering with this week at the GaTech developed COVID-19 risk assessment tool model I provided a link to above. Here it is again: https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/

I think the current messaging coming from the CDC via Dr. Fauci and local PH authorities is good if not a bit too harsh given what amounts to a low risk of exposure in groups less than 15 people in locations where the seroprevalene, as measured by % positivity, is less than 10%. If the place you intend to visit and gather with friends or family is a raging mess of COVID infections, then heed the CDC's advice and don't go visit with friends or family there.

Finally, and it seems to me looking around the US, restrictions to mobility and economic activity being imposed by officials this time around is significantly less onerous than in March and April. Critics are going to rage, "we aren't doing enough," the press will augment the fear factor engendered by such dire warnings and people will cower. That frustrates me. You can carry on most social activities and business operations, in most settings by taking the simplest mitigation precautions. The negative social and economic effects of not bringing balance to the COVID dialogue will be long standing ...... that's what I regret about the overall tenor of the messaging globally - one that some, including me, declares has been characterized as unnecessary fear mongering rather than salutary and based on solid science based risk assessment and cost/benefit analysis.
                            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 22, 2020, 09:06 AM.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Now that Sidney Powell and another of Trump's idiots, Lin Wood, are openly attacking mainstream Republicans for not having Trump's back on these claims, McConnell will need to step in and put an end to this farce. Lin Wood was encouraging people to not vote in the Georgia runoff unless Kemp got the election "corrected" for Trump.

Comment

• 57 years ago today

Comment

Working...
                                X