Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    One America News Network (OANN) has now been censored by youtube.
    Any organization that has similar views are in danger of the same thing. The revenge tour hasn't even started yet.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Relax on Immigration, boys ....... I certainly have conservative roots but, I've always had a streak of liberal awareness especially when it comes to things other than national security, defense and FP. I'd have to look up the background and I'm not up to that today but John McCain, a staunch conservative and supporter of immigration reform, introduced a immigration bill with then Senator Ted Kennedy that addressed many of the loose ends involving immigration in the US floating around now. I was interested way back then and read the whole bill - like 800 pages.

I think immigration reform has slid decidedly liberal along wit the slide of the D party in general to radical policies. So, I appreciate the concern here. But there's good stuff in the original McCaain Bill that I think tie-up a lot of the loose ends and could end-run things like calls for amnesty for all emanating from the lips of some leftists. I don't think that is going to happen - a Biden/Harris WH or not. There's too much resistance to it from the Right. I'm saying that despite the potential for two D's to take Seaante seats from R's in January.

This is a policy issue where there is very likely to be common ground between D's and R's in Congress and while you boys may not be for that, I'd argue we all need to read-up on the fine print of anything that comes up. Addressing immigration issues are right up there among important things for the legislative and executive branches to address in the coming year ...... after COVID is beaten back.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        Any organization that has similar views are in danger of the same thing. The revenge tour hasn't even started yet.

That's essentially correct but its not a 'revenge tour'. ISIS is censored by YouTube for the same reasons as OANN - spewing hate and provable disinformation. They can take their nonsense to 8chan or any other psychosis friendly platforms. Or start their own. Just like any other propaganda organization. They aren't being censored, they're being told say what you want but spew the intentional bullshit elsewhere. This is not a free speech issue. This is an access issue. If you want to scream nonsense from a soapbox go ahead - but you still need my permission to put that soapbox in my yard.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• If only they censored all the preposterous Russian-conspiracy stories.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, my two news feeds that I juxtapose because they come from different global takes - the NYTs and The Economist - have one each line on the pandemic ONE and it's not much. In the case of the NYTs there's section containing two sentences - one on PA's banning of alcohol sales for 15h beginning sometime today and one on vaccines. The Economist has a paragraph on how Germany's steady approach to the Pandemic is getting wobbly with a lot of resistance - outright ignoring restrictions - an unusual occurrence among Germans who routinely are compliant with measures directed by government for the greater good. IOW even Germans see the disconnects between what they are being asked to do and the real life, experiential facts on the ground. Love it.

That's not my point though. My point is that, at least in this morning's print media, breathless reporting of bad pandemic news is shifting away from that to the good news associated with vaccines and the Biden transition. It's actually stunning but not as we all predicted would happen once Biden won.

It's pretty clear to me that Trump has conceded privately and may have talked to McConnel about it. He may never go public with that announcement and at this point it's probably immaterial. I shouldn't shed a tear for the guy as he's booted from the Presidency but I'm saddened that he won't likely get any credit for Operation Warp Speed and that is a shame. As well, he won't get credit for getting Arabs talking to Jews - a big deal, IMO, and pretty much put the decades long bitching, cheating and intransigence of the Palestinian Authority on the side-lines. He won't get credit for subduing Iran and leaving them in a much weakened position that Biden will be able to get credit for if any nuclear deals are renegotiated. It's too bad Trump was such a lying ass-hat. He's going to face tough sledding after January 20th and when he becomes a private citizen. NY is going to go after him guns blazing. Should be entertaining.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• That's essentially correct but its not a 'revenge tour'. ISIS is censored by YouTube for the same reasons as OANN - spewing hate and provable disinformation.
              But that's the problem, Jon. Spewing hate and disinformation can depend on the hearer. And if the hearer has all the authority, they can crush any speech that they feel fits that definition. There are people in this room that could go to one of several churches that I've attended over the years, and hear the pastor preach a normal Bible-based sermon, and say that its "hate speech". If we go to one-party rule, where "hate speech" can be defined by the party in power, with the thump of the newly-packed USSC behind it, what recourse does that independent Bible church have, when their pastor is arrested for "hate speech"? And don't say it can't happen. We've seen the tip of the iceberg of what liberal governors like Cuomo and Newsome have in mind, when it comes to enforcing their Covid orders. If that trend goes nation wide, lots of people are in danger of losing their rights to free speech. All speech is going to have to pass a litmus test.

I know... "pearl clutching" and all that. But the same thing was thought about Germany before the holocaust.

Comment

• That's not my point though. My point is that, at least in this morning's print media, breathless reporting of bad pandemic news is shifting away from that to the good news associated with vaccines and the Biden transition. It's actually stunning but not as we all predicted would happen once Biden won.
                EFZ

Comment

• Covid is turning the corner. Next up: the end of social injustice! Just like we had with Obama in the White House! Praise be!

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Nick Saban has tested positive again for Covid. This time he has mild symptoms.

Alabama's Nick Saban has tested positive for COVID-19 and has mild symptoms of the virus, which will keep him from coaching Saturday against Auburn.

Get well soon, coach.

Comment

• I saw that earlier. It hurts me.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Mike Shula has agreed to temporarily step in and fill The Nick's shoes.

Comment

• Just saw that Diego Maradona has died. Age 60...I def know very little about world soccer but wasn't he the equivalent of Pele in Argentina?

Comment

• Canadian Club stock is through the roof with Sark now seemingly back in charge, albeit temporarily. Still, it'll be good for business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Just saw that Diego Maradona has died. Age 60...I def know very little about world soccer but wasn't he the equivalent of Pele in Argentina?
                              Yes. Only with the addtional baggage of never-ending drug problems and a general turn toward the obese in his later years.

But, he was the generational talent for the 1980s.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Canadian Club stock is through the roof with Sark now seemingly back in charge, albeit temporarily. Still, it'll be good for business.
                                Sark drinks Jager and prune juice.

Comment

Working...
                                X