No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't make the news, I simply report it.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Well, I had already reported, but thanks for siding with me for once.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 21 degrees out. Hate this shit.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Was Michael Flynn always this much of a lunatic, has he been irreparably broken, or does he cynically know his only career path left is in these Alex Jones-type sewers?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            21 degrees out. Hate this shit.
            Supposed to be a big cold snap Christmas Day for much of the eastern US. Possibly snow Christmas Eve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Supposed to be a big cold snap Christmas Day for much of the eastern US. Possibly snow Christmas Eve.
              I walk a couple of miles every morning. Stepped out today and said, “fuck this.”
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• So they did a full hand count audit of all votes in Antrim County, Michigan. This is the place in northern Michigan where there's been a lot of allegations of Dominion being caught "red-handed" switching votes to Biden. Some hack that Trump's attorneys have been using to do "analysis" claimed that 68% of votes there had "errors". Well they counted the ballots by hand and found a 12 vote difference from what the Dominion tally said (0.07% difference).

An audit of Antrim County election results Thursday gave President Donald Trump a net gain of 12 votes from the certified results

In other Dominion news, they finally sent Sidney Powell a cease & desist letter

Comment

So they did a full hand count audit of all votes in Antrim County, Michigan. This is the place in northern Michigan where there's been a lot of allegations of Dominion being caught "red-handed" switching votes to Biden. Some hack that Trump's attorneys have been using to do "analysis" claimed that 68% of votes there had "errors". Well they counted the ballots by hand and found a 12 vote difference from what the Dominion tally said (0.07% difference).

An audit of Antrim County election results Thursday gave President Donald Trump a net gain of 12 votes from the certified results

In other Dominion news, they finally sent Sidney Powell a cease & desist letter
                  Yikes. So the machines really are fucked up?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Yikes. So the machines really are fucked up?
                    Grotesquely so

Comment

Grotesquely so
                      I assume that is sarcasm. I was actually serious.

Imagine I’m the account manager handling your retirement account and I say, “Ooops, took an extra 0.07%” Or a banker who did the same to your savings. Or an oncologist who is looking at a count on a slide to decide if you need chemo? In none of those examples would we put up with such inaccuracies without screaming.

Now imagine that there is no proof that the error is linear. In other words, it might be .07 in this instance, 2.55 in another, .042 the next time, and 1.78 the time after that. We really don’t know.

Comment

• This was a very detailed piece from Andy McCarthy yesterday that goes through the Trump claim that there over 200,000 illegal votes cast in Wisconsin. He breaks them down into 4 categories and weighs the merits of each group

He also notes that none of the allegations involve fraud on the part of voters themselves. All of it revolves around election officials themselves supposedly breaking the law. He also points out that even if you accept Trump's argument that any of these ballots were illegal, they were only asking for votes in Dane and Milwaukee counties be invalidated and not in any of the other 70+ counties. For example, certain absentee voters were allowed to correct their ballots if there was missing information. Trump says it was illegal for election officials to give voters this opportunity. McCarthy thinks it probably was not allowed by law, but it happened everywhere across the state, yet Trump only challenged ballots in the two most Dem-heavy counties instead of statewide.

By the end the group of ballots McCarthy think was the most dubious were the 17,000+ collected at the Madison "Democracy in the Park" event. But those aren't enough to change the ultimate result of the election and didn't involve wrong-doing on the part of voters themselves-- just officials. And one can't assume those votes were 100% Biden voters anyways.

But the vast majority of the 200K+ votes Trump has called into question are in fact legal votes, in McCarthy's view.

Comment

This was a very detailed piece from Andy McCarthy yesterday that goes through the Trump claim that there over 200,000 illegal votes cast in Wisconsin. He breaks them down into 4 categories and weighs the merits of each group

He also notes that none of the allegations involve fraud on the part of voters themselves. All of it revolves around election officials themselves supposedly breaking the law. He also points out that even if you accept Trump's argument that any of these ballots were illegal, they were only asking for votes in Dane and Milwaukee counties be invalidated and not in any of the other 70+ counties. For example, certain absentee voters were allowed to correct their ballots if there was missing information. Trump says it was illegal for election officials to give voters this opportunity. McCarthy thinks it probably was not allowed by law, but it happened everywhere across the state, yet Trump only challenged ballots in the two most Dem-heavy counties instead of statewide.

By the end the group of ballots McCarthy think was the most dubious were the 17,000+ collected at the Madison "Democracy in the Park" event. But those aren't enough to change the ultimate result of the election and didn't involve wrong-doing on the part of voters themselves-- just officials. And one can't assume those votes were 100% Biden voters anyways.

But the vast majority of the 200K+ votes Trump has called into question are in fact legal votes, in McCarthy's view.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...than-reported/
                          The “there is fraud but it’s not ENOUGH fraud to change the election results” and “it probably isn’t the voters, just the election officials breaking the law!” isn’t really comforting.

Anyway, I have no doubt Biden won, but in this limited count audit they admitted to finding a programming/operational error/election official act (or all of the above) that caused a vote tally error.

Again. Not the news I was hoping for in helping republicans accept the results and move on.

Comment

• Meh. Enough of this. Going back to bitching about the cold weather.

Comment

• If the machines error randomly then it's a concern, but not as big. If the machines error, by any amount, in one direction then that's a concern.

0.07% isn't particularly concerning, though AA notes fair concerns. 0.07% ALWAYS in one direction is a big ass concern.

Comment

• It's going to be about 33 by 2pm here. I expect to ride my bicycle and enjoy the brisk weather. Well, not enjoy -- it's a log and I have about 60m before things get really miserable. So, yeah, reconsidering plans and opting for AA approach.

Comment

Working...
                                X