Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I assume that is sarcasm. I was actually serious.

Imagine I’m the account manager handling your retirement account and I say, “Ooops, took an extra 0.07%” Or a banker who did the same to your savings. Or an oncologist who is looking at a count on a slide to decide if you need chemo? In none of those examples would we put up with such inaccuracies without screaming.

Now imagine that there is no proof that the error is linear. In other words, it might be .07 in this instance, 2.55 in another, .042 the next time, and 1.78 the time after that. We really don’t know.
    My understanding is that a difference is perfectly normal. Spread out over the entire state there were possibly some with a higher difference and others with less. Go ahead and count by hand 5,000,000 ballots 5 times and you're likely to have small differences each time.

When Georgia did their hand recount, the greatest difference between the machine count and the hand recount in a single county was 0.73%, ten times what it was in Antrim.

Just from what's available I have no way of saying which is more accurate, the machines or the human count. In a small county like Antrim, maybe the hand count. Antrim had 15,972 total votes. 0.07% of that = 11 vote difference between the hand count and the machine count.

But bottom line, the propaganda going around is that 68.00% of the ballots there supposedly had something wrong with them. And the two counts actually were off by 0.07%

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...count-n1248234

Comment

• Anyone who thinks 21 degrees is "cold" needs to get with Jeff and ride along with him the next time he goes out to buy long johns.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Jeff thinks 65 degrees requires mittens, 2 layers of wool socks, and a beanie. He's incapable of physical movement at 21

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          Anyone who thinks 21 degrees is "cold" needs to get with Jeff and ride along with him the next time he goes out to buy long johns.
          21 is absolutely cold. That said, I would much rather it be 21 than 104 with 80% humidity. The latter is much more miserable.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA is a wuss.

Nothing to see here.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• During February in Michigan, 21 degrees is considered a 'warming trend".

But, I do agree that the misery of 93 degrees at 6:00 am in Central Florida, and 90% humidity is pretty doggone bad.

Been there, done that.

It's why I'm back in Michigan.

Comment

• Today's feel good story!

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...mmittee-448001

Dems overwhelmingly reject AOC for a prized appointment to the House Energy and Commerce Committee . She had been touting her support from Nadler while angling for the position. It went to fellow New Yorker Kathleen Rice.

"Rice ultimately won in a lopsided vote of 46-13, though it wasn’t without some drama after some moderate Democrats openly criticized Ocasio-Cortez."

"The panel launched into an intense round of speeches on each candidate, with several Democrats speaking up to lobby against Ocasio-Cortez, a freshman member and social media star who is seen as a political threat by many of the caucus’s moderates for her far-left policies. On the video call, several Democrats called out Ocasio-Cortez’s efforts to help liberal challengers take out their own incumbents, as well as her refusal to pay party campaign dues.

"I'm taking into account who works against other members in primaries and who doesn't,” Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas) said on the call, according to multiple sources. Cuellar successfully fended off a primary challenge from Jessica Cisneros, who Ocasio-Cortez supported."

Last edited by Mike; December 18, 2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• As mind-numbingly stupid as AOC is, she and others who believe like her, are the future of the Democratic party. While some older Dems may oppose her in private caucus meetings, they sit silently in public, allowing her and her pals to spew whatever nonsense she chooses at the moment. More alarming is the stupidity of the voters who vote for her and her ilk.

Comment

• I'm not convinced the hard left is the future of the party. There's been plenty of push back both privately and publicly. They'll likely carve out a caucus for themselves like the Freedom Caucus of the right but they won't be calling the shots. There are a lot of Ds elected to office from states other than NY and California - who would like to remain in office - that are not at all on board with AOC's vision for the country.

Comment

• I'm not convinced AOC is the future of a winning D party, but I definitely lean toward her ilk eventually running things. The problem for the Ds is that folks who control the Cultural Levers in this country -- Film, TV, Media -- the things that significantly impact public opinion -- are on board with AOC. Fully. Katlheen Rice will never be on the cover of Rolling Stone or Vanity Fair. She will never be feted like AOC (or Beto or Abrams or the dude running against Lindsey Graham, lol).

Ultimately, the Ds are beholdent to their cultural masters.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• AOC is not the future of the Dem party. She is the present.

Comment

• black-oppression-comic.png?fit=1500%2C500.png

Comment

• Kathleen Rice is even an enemy of Pelosi. She opposed Pelosi being made Speaker after the 2018 midterms. Yet here she is, crushing the oh-so-powerful AOC to get a spot on that top committee.

Comment

• For anyone following the COVID relief authorization this is an interesting turn of events. Simmering for a few weeks has been this maneuvering by Mnuchin at treasury to end what amounts to a $429b slush fund of unspent CARES Relief that the FED now controls. Mnuchin wants it back at treasury and for the FED's ability to continue to fund COVID relief from the program to have a definitive end on December, 31st. At that point the money can't be spent and spending for COVID requires Congressional reauthorization. Powell really doesn't care and his position is that unspent funds appropriated by Congress for COVID relief via the FED's specific programs for doing that should go back to treasury. What happens with it after that is not up to the FED.

Apparently, this is the last sticking point on the current $900b COVID Relief Bill: D's want it in the hands of treasury and for the money to be available after Biden takes office to dole out more billions for COVID relief. The R's want the program to end which would require congressional authorization for more spending.

Clearly, the D's don't think they are going to control both chambers of Congress. Since they believe they won't their plan is go around Congress (namely the R's in the Senate) for more COVID relief with how it is spent up to Biden.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Forget all that. I just want my free stuff....

Comment

Working...
                                X