Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your beef with Windows 95?

Comment

• Crashed a lot. Windows 98 was essentially a stable 95...I was in the beta testing group for 95...codenane "Chicago"...it was disastrous...the first few 95 releases were horrible...became more stable but was quickly ditched for 98...

The software my company wrote was built for Windows for Workgroups...not a real GUI based OS but stable as fuck. When we wrote the first several releases to rest on 95 it was disastrous...we sold digital automation for radio stations...they really didn't like being off air for some reason.

We ended up writing all new code but waited for Windows 2000...because of the underlying network needs. We actually used Novell back in the day and rested Windows 3.11 on it. Windows 2000 was a great NOS. Much easier than Novell.

Microsoft code in general is bloated as fuck and wrought with bugs with a few exceptions.

Fuck Bill Gates.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Thread killed.

Mission Accomplished.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• My company got '95 about a year and a half after it came out, so maybe that explains our good experiences with it.

'95 seemed like a huge leap forward to me at the time. But MS seems to have been coasting on monopoly power since the early oughts.

Comment

• Yes sir.

Always took M$ about a year to stabilize an OS...the good ones...Vista, ME and Windows 8 were all steaming piles of dog dung that could not be fixed.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hah. I totally forgot about 8. That sure came and went fast.

Comment

• Gates is raising and funding a boatload of money towards the COVID vaccine. He has done a lot and I'm sure he talks to a lot of the foremost experts in the field. Raising 8 billion for the effort shouldn't be dismissed. Whatever.

Comment

• 8 billion for Gates is a great tax write off...peanuts...like a box of old clothes to
                  an average person.
                  Just because he donates money doesn't make him a virus expert. Nor does it give him power to dictate policy in the vaccine world.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Nashville bomber started blaring Petula Clark's "Downtown" before blowing himself up. What a weirdo fuck

The RV that exploded into a massive fireball Christmas morning in downtown Nashville was playing Petula Clark’s classic pop song “Downtown” shortly before the blast shook the city…

Comment

• Wait, he was in the RV and blew himself up? I thought this was like a McVeigh explosion. Leave the vehicle and escape.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Sounds like it was an elaborate suicide. That’s why he broadcasted that a bomb was going to explode. It only resulted in 3 minor injuries.

Comment

• Probably couldn't get through to ATT customer service one too many times.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It won't be long until they add Mark Zukerburg's boots to their collection. Rather unbelievable.
                            And Bezos. Don't forget Jeff Bezos.

Even AOC didn't want his money in her NYC district.

And if AOC is against it, we should ALL be against it.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Wait, he was in the RV and blew himself up? I thought this was like a McVeigh explosion. Leave the vehicle and escape.
                              I don't think they've made it official but police have been broadly hinting that they think he was in the RV when it blew, yeah. They have found human remains near the blast site. Nothing confirmed yet.

Supposedly he was a 5G conspiracy theorist that thought China was spying on us using it. Seems very clear now that the AT&T building was the target. The guy whose house they raided was in his early 60's, a lifetime IT guy, and recently worked on home security systems.

But cripes, playing "Downtown" while heading to downtown Nashville to blow up a building? Terrorists are now getting "meta" and cinematic.That's some wannabe-Tarantino bullshit.

Comment

• My bad, while I was literally typing that the US attorney just confirmed that he died in the explosion.

Comment

Working...
                                X