No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republican voters don't have a party that represents their interests. That is why they finally didn't turn out. There's no point in voting for people who break their promises and stab you in the back time after time after time. Republicans are the speed bump that slightly slows down the Leftward march of the country, and nothing more. Republican-apppointed judges are completely worthless. I'm surprised that it took this long for the voters to finally shrug their shoulders and stay home. The party simply needs to burn. it's time to either purge the Bush/McCain era cucks once and for all, or to start an America First third party. But it's probably too late no matter what. The demographic tipping point is already here. Formerly contested states like Arizona and Virginia are gone forever. Georgia is probably now gone forever too. Texas will be gone by the end of this decade.
    Last edited by Hannibal; January 6, 2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• It's Mike Pence's fault

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        Lets hope the conservatives on the Court can hang in another 2 years.
        Why? So they can disappoint you by sidling with the Liberal justices on anything that matters?

Comment

• OH WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY AS JUSTICE PREVAILS AND THE REACTIONARY BASTARDS ARE FORCED TO CRAWL UNDER A ROCK TO PREVENT ANNIHILATION. A DAY THAT MAKES ONE PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hopefully AO-Kamala can continue the PDJT Boom. Hopefully we'll see the Dow go up by 60% and NASDAQ triple over the next 4 years and a return to pre-Covid historic unemployment lows. Fingers crossed.

And hopefully AO-Kamala won't return us to the Obama way of being the Ayatollah's Cock Holster and Xi's Pivot Man. Fingers crossed.
            Last edited by iam416; January 6, 2021, 08:36 AM.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 1.JPG

2.jpg
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I respect you Talent. You post with conviction backed by facts. So sorry to see you crossed to the dark side.

Comment

• The economic data of the past years that I cited are facts.

The foreign policy sass is based on facts, though, as noted, sass.

And Ds just elected at least one Senator who refused to say that he wouldn't pack the Court and the President-elect has still refused to say the same. It may be that Joe Manchin saves the day, but he's a total DINO.

And I voted for Joe Biden.

So, you know. See what you will.

In any event, Stan, I hope all is well with you. You're still my favorite curmudgeon by a longshot. And saying that makes me actually remember that I've been figuratively shouting at you on a sporadic basis for shit near 15 years. JFC.
                  Last edited by iam416; January 6, 2021, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• What happens next for the Republicans is anybody's guess. Obviously Trump will never willingly just "go away" and he'll never appoint someone like Hawley as his spiritual successor. They all think they can talk him into something like that but good luck. Some wonk last night pointed out that when the Tea Party started running candidates against conventional Republicans in 2010 it led to some fucking awful candidates winning the primaries. The result is that Dems hung onto the Senate for another 4 years, longer than they probably should have.

Comment

• I believe Hannibal would say that the next step for the Rs is that they will accept obliteration and the inexorable march to AOC's "America."

Comment

• As it relates to PDJT, he's not going anywhere and he'll be an albatross for Rs where it matters. But, he's carved out some issues that the Rs can win on (election fraud is not one of them...jfc).

As for the Rs, part of their next steps depends on the Ds next steps. If the Ds abdicate political high ground for Progressive policies, then the Rs next steps are easy. If the Ds sort of remain more focused on purple issues, then it becomes difficult.

I don't think the Ds will, at all, remain disciplined. I just don't. Perhaps I'll be wrong.

Comment

• Expect them to come out guns blazing early. I'm sure they are quite invigorated and feel they have a substantial mandate (which they don't). My prediction is they overplay their hand, have some pyrrhic victories, then get whooped on good in the midterms, losing both houses. A bigger concern, to me, is the potential for administrative damage rather than legislative process that at least will need some bipartisan buy-in from time to time. Mitch is in a familiar role as Chief Obstructionist and he's pretty good at it.

Comment

• There is what the Rs should do and what the Rs will do.

What the Rs should do is become the America First party that embraces judicious use of the military overseas, aggressively breaking up tech monopolies, cutting off foreign aid from unappreciative "allies", social conservatism (and specifically anti political correctness), and economic populism. In the short term, they need to embrace being the party of anti-Covid lockdowns. They already are perceived that way, despite many exceptions to the contrary (e.g. Governor DeWine).

What they will do is revert back to the party of John McCain and Mitt Romney. Their soul searching will lead them to the conclusion that they lost the Georgia Senate seats because they didn't kneel hard enough for Black Lives Matter. Since this strategy never works, they will enter an endless cycle of cucking and then insisting that they lost because they didn't cuck hard enough.

I'm not convinced that the big 2022 backlash is coming. Without Trump, the Republicans are leaderless and they will revert back to being gutless cowards who are afraid to call out the Dems on anything negative. Without that leadership and mobilization of the base, there won't be electoral wins.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; January 6, 2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              As it relates to PDJT, he's not going anywhere and he'll be an albatross for Rs where it matters. But, he's carved out some issues that the Rs can win on (election fraud is not one of them...jfc).
                              I know we can debate over how much Trump's tweeting really matters, but I saw someone point out that you can do a search for the names "Ossoff" and "Warnock" on his twitter account and between Election Day and today he didn't mention either by name a single time. But he did attack Kemp, Raffensperger, and Lt. Governor Duncan, by name, literally dozens of times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                There is what the Rs should do and what the Rs will do.

What the Rs should do is become the America First party that embraces judicious use of the military overseas, aggressively breaking up tech monopolies, cutting off foreign aid from unappreciative "allies", social conservatism (and specifically anti political correctness), and economic populism. In the short term, they need to embrace being the party of anti-Covid lockdowns. They already are perceived that way, despite many exceptions to the contrary (e.g. Governor DeWine).

What they will do is revert back to the party of John McCain and Mitt Romney. Their soul searching will lead them to the conclusion that they lost the Georgia Senate seats because they didn't kneel hard enough for Black Lives Matter. Since this strategy never works, they will enter an endless cycle of cucking and then insisting that they lost because they didn't cuck hard enough.
                                I think they'll be far closer to the fomer. I think there's almost zero chance they'll be latter and certainly not in specific terms set forth above.

Comment

Working...
                                X