Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess Trump finally crossed the line for Betsy DeVos too

Comment

• Devos and Chao resigned so that they don't have to deal with the 25th amendment if it is considered.

Nothing more. Nothing less
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Everyone working for Trump was going to be unemployed no later than the 20th anyway. They're just beating the traffic out of town.

The Party needs more room.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Nobody’s gonna actually do that shit. There’s 13 days left in his term. I’m pretty sure the wife of the Senate majority leader is legitimately pissed. There’s not nearly enough time to impeach and convict him and the 25th amendment nonsense is pure fantasy.

Comment

• Best thing Trump could do at this point is do a de-facto resignation, and leave Pence in charge of matters in DC. Let Pence go to the inauguration and suck up to KamalaJoe, and do all that glad handing. Nobody wants Trump at the inauguration anyway, so its no big deal if he's not there.

Comment

• They are abandoning Trump because they never liked him in the first place. He was always a hated outsider, and the Republicans always secretly hated his guts. And in many cases, not so secretly.

Lindsey Graham has already reverted back to being his old self. Mitt Romney is doing what Mitt Romney does. The party of George W. Bush and John McCain is back, and 2022 is going to be a bloodbath for the Rs as the base stays home in droves.

Comment

• Liney, Trump will not be at the inauguration. He’ll be at Mar-a-Lago plotting his next move.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Her death was tragic, we need more de-escalation tactics all across the board.

Again you should be waiting for all the facts to come out. For me the problem is the security were wholly unprepared, it was a predictable problem.
                  Facts are good. I like facts. In this case, we have about 75% of the relevant facts. Maybe more. We know that a singular woman was squeezing her way into an empty hallway while not brandishing a weapon. We know that she was shot by somebody who was not, by any stretch of the imagination, in physical danger. Nor was anyone else in the immediate picture in danger. i guess what we don't know yet is whether she was about to cross some sort of line of demarcation that cops are instructed to enforce instantly and indiscriminately with deadly force. We also don't know whether she was given warnings and/or how many. But we know enough to know that she was closer to "innocent" than Jacob Blake, George Floyd, or any of the other martyrs that Black Lives Matter has burned down our cities for. We also know that if Trump had been on the other side of that doorway, CNN would be turning her into a folk hero, because we have an example of just that which I posted earlier today.

I don't expect to hear many more facts, especially if they paint her favorably or paint the shooter cop unfavorably. The media will memory-hole the story.as fast as they memory-holed the Vegas shooter story once their narrative began to collapse spectacularly.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; January 7, 2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    Correction, there is another video that shows the shooter. He is to her left.

This is some amazing video. Thanks for posting it. It’s a damn shame that her overzealousness got her killed but I don’t fault the shooter at all. He smoked the first person to break through the window and guess what? Nobody else tried it.

It’s important to know that only a short distance down that hall is the entry to the House floor on the side with the podium. There were still upwards of 100 member of congress in the chamber at the time. That guy was basically the last line of defense. There were other suits with guns that barricaded the other side where the president enters for the SOTU address. That’s the one with the widely circulated photo with the furniture in front of the door and guns drawn. Nobody was stupid enough to try to breach that door. Why? Because they would have been shot and rightfully so.

You have to assume an angry mob that is breaking through windows and doors has bad intentions.

EDIT: I didn’t see your above post before I posted. You bring up a good point about a line of demarcation. I believe that doorway was it. If they get through there, they would be on the House floor in seconds.
                    Last edited by Mike; January 7, 2021, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Hers an account from a GOP rep from Oklahoma who was close to the shooting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ongressman.amp

"When they broke the glass in the back, the [police] lieutenant that was there, him and I already had multiple conversations prior to this, and he didn't have a choice at that time," Mullin told ABC News' George Stephanapoulos on "Good Morning America" Thursday.

"The mob was going to come through the door, there was a lot of members and staff that were in danger at the time.“

Comment

• I'm not sure who is happier...the Dems....or the RINOS...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          I'm not sure who is happier...the Dems....or the RINOS...
                          They're both partying together tonight. After all, they all stand for the same things. And they hate flyover America.

Comment

• Poor old Lineygoblie, he is persecuted.

Comment

• In regards to the GOP becoming the party of McCain and Romney and Bush, if you root on the GOP that is good news. The high water mark of the all base, all the time strategy was 2016. There are diminishing returns to that strategy, for one thing it was specifically tailored to Trump a guy with 40 years of earned media who captivates the media. If you have the same message coming from somebody else it can't come close. And you have seen the ceiling of that strategy, it is 47 percent right now and it ain't going to grow.

All parties need to adapt if they are to survive, for the long term health the GOP will need to wean themselves of of it.f

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                                I'm not sure who is happier...the Dems....or the RINOS...
                                Happier about what? The outcome of the election or the riot at the Capitol?

Comment

Working...
                                X