No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aren't they the same thing? The Dems have finally sealed the deal of pushing Trump to his breaking point- which shouldn't have been hard (although it took them 4 years), and now the puppet show can proceed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

This is some amazing video. Thanks for posting it. It’s a damn shame that her overzealousness got her killed but I don’t fault the shooter at all. He smoked the first person to break through the window and guess what? Nobody else tried it.

It’s important to know that only a short distance down that hall is the entry to the House floor on the side with the podium. There were still upwards of 100 member of congress in the chamber at the time. That guy was basically the last line of defense. There were other suits with guns that barricaded the other side where the president enters for the SOTU address. That’s the one with the widely circulated photo with the furniture in front of the door and guns drawn. Nobody was stupid enough to try to breach that door. Why? Because they would have been shot and rightfully so.

You have to assume an angry mob that is breaking through windows and doors has bad intentions.

EDIT: I didn’t see your above post before I posted. You bring up a good point about a line of demarcation. I believe that doorway was it. If they get through there, they would be on the House floor in seconds.
      That does make some sense. Although I wonder why one guy with a pistol and no body armor is the last line of defense against harm being committed against half of Congress. They really don't have more robust sheltering and protection than that?

Comment

• I think the guys in suits are likely FBI or Secret Service assigned to the House and Senate chambers.

Comment

• I can sympathize with the need to assume the worst in a violent mob and take the appropriate action. Can we now extrapolate that same logic to people defending their businesses and their ordinary lives, or can only a few hundred political elites have that privilege?

What strikes you as scary and more threatening -- Ashli Babbit slowly climbing through a window into an empty hallway, or this?

ca_protestersconfrontation_082520getty.jpg
          Last edited by Hannibal; January 8, 2021, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• The double standard is what's so striking and disheartening.

As I said, I'll be able to sleep at night. However, those that can sleep at night aren't usually in power. The Left knows how to play this game. After either overtly lionizing rioting or, alternatively, claiming that the burning buildings, looting, trespass and general destruction were "mostly peaceful" -- it should be hard to about-face and rile yourself up over a "mostly peaceful" protest gone "slighty" awry thanks to a "few bad apples." But, it isn't. And that's one reason why The Left runs shit.

And, to be clear, The Media is 100% included in The Left.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              I can sympathize with the need to assume the worst in a violent mob and take the appropriate action. Can we now extrapolate that same logic to people defending their businesses and their ordinary lives, or can only a few hundred political elites have that privilege?

What strikes you as scary and more threatening -- Ashli Babbit slowly climbing through a window into an empty hallway, or this?
              I don't know if this is directed at me or generally but just to clarify, the same logic and tactics should absolutely be applied to both situations. Violent protests/riots are violent protests/riots. Period. No matter who the perpetrators might be. Now if we are going to have an honest accounting of the damage, destruction, and casualties of the BLM/Antifa riots over the summer and the right wingers storming the Capitol on Wednesday, it isn't even close. If I see one more story about how unfairly the BLM rioters were treated compared to the Capitol rioters, I'm gonna fucking puke.

Comment

• If I see one more story about how unfairly the BLM rioters were treated compared to the Capitol rioters, I'm gonna fucking puke.
                It's un-fucking-believable. Again, people on The Left wonder why "Fake News" has such traction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I don't know if this is directed at me or generally but just to clarify, the same logic and tactics should absolutely be applied to both situations. Violent protests/riots are violent protests/riots. Period. No matter who the perpetrators might be. Now if we are going to have an honest accounting of the damage, destruction, and casualties of the BLM/Antifa riots over the summer and the right wingers storming the Capitol on Wednesday, it isn't even close. If I see one more story about how unfairly the BLM rioters were treated compared to the Capitol rioters, I'm gonna fucking puke.
                  I think we're on the same page, but while we are having this discussion, pretty much all of our nation's leaders, in both parties, are talking about what type of Draconian punishment Donald Trump and his supporters deserve for the Capitol riot, just months after all having taken a knee for Black Lives Matter. So while we might be in agreement, nobody that we will be able to vote for in a couple of years is, and that is a huge problem.

Comment

• As I said, I'll be able to sleep at night. However, those that can sleep at night aren't usually in power.
                    That sums things up for me pretty well. I am 100% comfortable with what I believe and I'm not ashamed to be what I am. I voted for PDJT in 2016 because I felt he was a better choice than Hillary, and I still believe today that it was the right decision. For Hillary to continue the path that Obama had set for the USSC and the Middle East would have been disasterous. Hillary would have continued the abandonment of people on the right, especially the millions who identify as fundamental Christians. Obama partially won back in 2008 because he lied to the country and claimed to be an evangelical Christian. Turns out he was nothing of the sort. He took a lot of votes back in 08 and 12 from Christians who were fooled by his talk. I know many Christians who bought his 'Christianity'. They finally caught on in 2016, especially after he and Kerry were on a path to abandon Israel.

I don't agree with those who stormed the Capital, and I don't agree with Trump egging them on. He was wrong for that, and I believe that now he needs to just resign, let Pence handle the last few days of his presidency, and move on into private life again. I don't believe he colluded with the Russians, the Chinese or anybody. I believe he made some absolutely stupid political moves, but he also made some good ones. He won't be on my top ten list of favorite presidents.

We're about to re-enter what Obama's vision was for America. I'm concerned that America will be abandoning Israel, especially when Kamala takes over. Joe has been supportive of Israel in the past, but he's not going to be President for long. I'm concerned that Joe WILL eliminate the Trump tax cuts, and everyone in flyover America knows that if you ELIMINATE a tax cut, taxes are going UP. Duh.. Even The Wizard can figure that out. I don't believe Joe will "pack the court", but I think Kamala will.

So after January 20, the Democrats and Liberals are out of excuses. The country is going to be 100% theirs. The rest of us can only sit and watch. We no longer have a voice in Washington. Those who claim to be my voice do not believe what I believe, so they cannot be my voice. Debbie Stupidnow and Gary Peters mock and laugh at what I believe so how can the be my voice?

Democrats don't have to listen to a single Republican for at least 2 years. They can pass anything they want in the House, and it will slide thru the Senate on rails greased by Chuck and Kamala. Republicans can only sit and watch. Some like Romney and Collins will likely join with Democrats for several coom-bye-yah moments, to show some sort of faux "unity" only to be slapped back into place by The Party when it comes to the big stuff.

Good times on the way...

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

It's un-fucking-believable. Again, people on The Left wonder why "Fake News" has such traction.
                      And LeBron and other celebrities and commentators coming out about how we live in “two Americas” because they treated the race rioters so harshly but only shot and killed one Capitol Building protester. It makes me scream at my TV.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'd like to say it's inconceivably stupid, but I've lived the last 4 years.

Comment

• Lebron says he's been dealing with this racism stuff his whole life. Must have been hell.

Comment

• The immediate agenda will be a stronger move for harsher censorship. The Democrats have successfully outsourced that goal to Silicon Valley. I suspect that Parler and dlive will be taken off all of the mobile app stores within a few months, now that most of the Thought Criminals like myself have gone there.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; January 8, 2021, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• These fellows look like they were very peaceful men.

Comment

• Lebron says he's been dealing with this racism stuff his whole life. Must have been hell.
                                Yep. I imagine those cash handshakes he got in his AAU and HS years were really hard to take. And that doesn't account for the money that made its way to him via friends and relatives.

Poor LeBron has had such a difficult life. Racism, and all that ...
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X