No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have elected respresentation. 50 senators and whatever in the house. Your idea of elected representation is dictatorial powers. Your side big reach was to get the ACA in reality, they didn't have the votes and aspects of the law itself are pretty popular especially the preexisting conditions and the ACA expansion. That was your big reach along with tax cuts. The GOP got wiped out in 2018 precisely because the attempt to repeal the ACA was unpopular.

Take off the drama pants, you have elected representation but for some reason you think your 74 million votes was more important than 81 million. It doesn't compute, it's nonsense.

Comment

• Oh no! "They" got to Parler too.

Parler reportedly removed posts by Trump affiliate Lin Wood calling for execution of VP Mike Pence

Jonathan Shieber
      Sat, January 9, 2021, 5:24 PM CST·2 min readVice President Mike Pence speaks during the daily press briefing on the Coronavirus pandemic situation at the White House on March 17, 2020 in Washington, DC. - The coronavirus outbreak has transformed the US virtually overnight from a place of boundless consumerism to one suddenly constrained by nesting and social distancing.The crisis tests all retailers, leading to temporary store closures at companies like Apple and Nike, manic buying of food staples at supermarkets and big-box stores like Walmart even as many stores remain open for business -- albeit in a weirdly anemic consumer environment. (Photo by Brendan Smialowski / AFP) (Photo by BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Getty Images)More
      It seems that even the "free speech" social network Parler has its limits.

The social network that has attracted scores of conservative commentators because of its commitment to free speech has taken down several posts from Trump affiliate Lin Wood, according to a report in Mediaite.

In one of the posts removed from the social media platform, Wood called for the execution of Vice President Mike Pence .

- ADVERTISEMENT -

In a statement to Mediaite, Parler chief executive John Matze confirmed that the service had taken action against Wood's posts to the platform.

“Yes, some of his parleys that violated our rules were taken down,” Matze told Mediaite. “Including the ones you are talking about.”

The move from Parler is significant because it would mark one of the first instances of a high profile conservative figure having their content removed from the service.

Parler, despite its reputation as a social platform dedicated to free speech, does have some rules governing content.

And, as Mediaite flagged, the posts from Wood likely ran afoul of a rule in the company's terms of service that states "reported parleys, comments, or messages sent using our service will be deemed a violation of these Guidelines if they contain: an explicit or implicit encouragement to use violence, or to commit a lawless action, such that: (a) the Parleyer intends his or her speech to result in the use of violence or lawless action, and (b) the imminent use of violence or lawless action is the likely result of the parley, comment, or message."

Wood, whose account remains active on Parler, had his Twitter account suspended on Thursday, as Forbes reported at the time.
      Meanwhile, the incitements to execute Pence seem to have been animating factor for at least some of the rioters who stormed the Capitol building on Wednesday. Reuters Photo News Editor Jim Bourg tweeted about hearing at least three different rioters hoping to "find Vice President Mike Pence and execute him by hanging him from a Capitol Hill tree as a traitor."
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

I think Liney enjoyed Banning me from World Crossing though I might have deserved it.
        My banning days are over forever, Packy. Life is too short.

I like your contributions nowadays. Good stuff.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          As of today, 74 million people, give or take, have no elected representation.
          Yep.

And starting January 21, the revenge begins.

Chuck, Nancy and the squad have a nice list of everything and everyone that they want purged from their perfect society.

Comment

• The guy with the horns and face paint called the FBI to brag. Master speak, Hornhead obey.

And some still say its not a cult.

Jacob Anthony Chansley, the man wearing a bearskin headdress during the US Capitol siege, has told the FBI he came to Washington earlier this week “as a part of a group effort, with other ‘patriots’ from Arizona, at the request of the President that all ‘patriots’ come to DC on January 6, 2021,” according to a narrative from investigators in his court record.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• This is funny (and profane). Even Alex Jones has had enough of the QAnon people

Comment

• Chuck and Nancy will get their revenge by trying to get additional COVID stimulus and fixing the medicaid gap in the ACA.

Comment

• Now Alex Jones knows how normal people feel about him.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• White House declines to lower flag to half mast in honor of the Capitol police officer that died.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                        White House declines to lower flag to half mast in honor of the Capitol police officer that died.
                        What horrible optics. I’m not sure it matters, though.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

What horrible optics. I’m not sure it matters, though.
                          You could say that about just about every event over the last four years.

Of course it didn't matter to the MAGAs before, it doesn't matter now.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The death of the unarmed Air Force Veteran means nothing to The Party. Casualty of war.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              The death of the unarmed Air Force Veteran means nothing to The Party. Casualty of war.
                              You mean the death of a radicalized domestic terrorist?

You are correct. It means nothing.

Comment

• Lee Harvey Oswald was a veteran, too. Let’s not pretend that just because someone was in the goddamn Air Force that they are immune from consequences of horrible decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X