Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    I will say the Froot has (a) at least noted that violent protest by The Left this summer is bad and worthy of condemnation; and (b) avoided celebrating the death of a protestor and encouraged avoiding a rush to judgment. So, he has that going for him. I would think we could all at least on that page, but we aren't.
    By that standard, Donald Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

https://www.dw.com/en/trump-condemns...val/a-56165270

"Like all Americans, I am outraged by the lawlessness, violence and mayhem," he said while calling the attack "heinous."

He said the rioters "defiled the seat of democracy" and added: "to those who broke the law, you will pay."
    He has condemned the Capitol violence more strongly than any Democrat has condemned the Burn Loot Murder and Antifa violence. And more promptly too. And he's not promoting a bail fund for the perpetrators. Nor is he promoting Ashli Babitt as a martyr, even though she was more innocent than Saint George, Saint Trayvon, Saint Michael, or Saint Jacob. And yet the Democrats are still going to impeach him.

It's almost as if Democrats operate purely based on partisanship and only pretend to care about violence for humanitarian reasons.
    Last edited by Hannibal; January 11, 2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      My brother and I used to go trout fishing. We had like 30 acres and a couple brooks that had trout in them. My brother was a bit of know-at-all and insisted on picking the spot to fish every time. So, one day we went to like 6 different spots before he finally settled on one. I asked him why this spot, and said -- the clover -- when you have this much clover it's a pretty good sign the brook will be loaded with trout. So, we fished for 3 hours and caught nothing. Not even a bite. Finally, I turned to him, very perturbed, and told him, this fucking spot blows, you idiot...you can't judge a brook by its clover.
      You should hang your head in shame over this one ...
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah, I tried to fish there, Talent. Every stream I went to was dried up. I went from one ex-stream to the other.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I just read the entire Trump speech at the Mall on the 6th. All he said was to go to the capital and "peacefully" protest.

What I don't understand is the MAGAs who thought Pence could somehow override the certified vote of the several states. Assume for a minute this is true. Pence only recognizes the Trump electors and Trump/Pence wins. Then in 2024, another election and assume the Democrat ticket is in the same position as now and assume Pence once again only recognizes the Republican electors. This is a formula for perpetual rule by one party. It can't be what was intended.

Comment

• A pre-covid story about Hugh Raphelson, a merchant in my community. 2 weeks ago, his church had some fire damage and Hugh believed it was his Christian duty to help them get back on their feet. Hugh allowed the friars of the church to set up a cart in his store to sell their flowers. Every day, the friars came in at 7:00 in the morning with a bushel of beautiful flowers and began to work diligently to arrange them into bouquets. All was going well, the store was generating more traffic and the church was making more money than they were by selling the flowers in front of the church on Sunday. Everyone was happy; until that first weekend.

Holly is kinda tourist-y, so we get some out-of-towners on the weekends. A gay couple came to the antique mall the first weekend that the friars had taken up shop (Typically, our village is somewhat progressive, but the friars tended to be uber-conservative). The couple came over to the cart and admired the flowers. They tried to purchase a bouquet, but the friars refused to sell to them. The couple was outraged and went to see Hugh directly. They complained to him that the friars were being discriminatory, so Hugh promised to have a talk with the friars. When Hugh confronted the friars, they refused to sell to the couple on the grounds that “they were committing an atrocity in the eyes of the lord.” The couple stormed off and promised to boycott the cart.

The next weekend, the couple came back with a large group and a letter from the village office, saying that the friars had to sell to them, regardless of sexual preference. The friars stood firm and refused to sell to them, so the group started a protest. The friars continued to sell their flowers and Hugh allowed them to remain, so eventually the protest began to boycott the store, rather than just the cart.

Weeks went by, the store had lost 20% of its normal weekend revenue. The group sent a letter to Hugh saying that they could forgive him if he shut down the flower cart within the week. Hugh was pretty broken up, but he had no choice. To maintain his livelihood, he would have to kick the friars out of his store. He talked with the friars that morning and revoked their previous agreement.

The whole fiasco troubled him deeply. He really wished it hadn’t come to that. Then he realized the truth - only Hugh can prevent florist friars.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Democrats never attacked the Capitol before!

The women of May 19th bombed the U.S. Capitol and plotted Henry Kissinger’s murder. But they’ve been long forgotten.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2F0d%2Ff3%2F65ec300c465798054a7f9b3d0dad%2Fwebp.net-resizeimage%20%2840%29.jpg

The woman on the Left is Susan Rosenberg, whose sentence was commuted by Bill Clinton.

She is now in charge of fund raising for Black Lives Matter.

Comment

• What I don't understand is the MAGAs who thought Pence could somehow override the certified vote of the several states.
                Agreed. Mr. Pence had no choice but to certify the results of the election. He was constitutionally bound to do so. If he hadn't, he'd be opening the door for future VP's to do the same, when another election fails to go their way. He had no legal or viable grounds to refuse to certify the election. Trump had to know this, and its another example of him refusing to listen to some of the good people around him, and flying off the handle on his own. He allowed the weakest Democratic presidential candidate in modern history to beat him. Maybe that's what is sinking in for him right now. And its too late.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                  I just read the entire Trump speech at the Mall on the 6th. All he said was to go to the capital and "peacefully" protest.

What I don't understand is the MAGAs who thought Pence could somehow override the certified vote of the several states. Assume for a minute this is true. Pence only recognizes the Trump electors and Trump/Pence wins. Then in 2024, another election and assume the Democrat ticket is in the same position as now and assume Pence once again only recognizes the Republican electors. This is a formula for perpetual rule by one party. It can't be what was intended.
                  Too much echo chamber effect, unfortunately. In addition to censorship not making you able to reach an audience, it also insulates you from reality checks.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to take away access to the public square from one side.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

You should hang your head in shame over this one ...
                    Seconded.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• To summarize:
                      • This was not a coup attempt
                      • Trump did not incite violence according to the law
                      • Where the riots took place is inconsequential outside of symbolism.
                      • What should be compared is the extent of the damage done by rioting and criminal activity in each place.
                      • To that standard the rioting prompted by the Floyd/Taylor killings exceeds that of what the rioting and criminal activity produced in DC
                      • Members of the Democratic party and liberals, including the press, that align with them are hypocrites justifying the protests and actions that sprung forth from the BLM movement and unjustifiably excusing criminal activity while condemning that which sprung forth from the MAGA movement and (justifiably) tracking down lawbreakers in that movement like prey.
                      That should do it. Let's watch some football.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• LAIR!!!
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• What Trump tried is called a “self-coup,” and he did it in slow motion and in plain sight.

Comment

• Paint chips.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              To summarize:
                              • This was not a coup attempt
                              • Trump did not incite violence according to the law
                              • Where the riots took place is inconsequential outside of symbolism.
                              • What should be compared is the extent of the damage done by rioting and criminal activity in each place.
                              • To that standard the rioting prompted by the Floyd/Taylor killings exceeds that of what the rioting and criminal activity produced in DC
                              • Members of the Democratic party and liberals, including the press, that align with them are hypocrites justifying the protests and actions that sprung forth from the BLM movement and unjustifiably excusing criminal activity while condemning that which sprung forth from the MAGA movement and (justifiably) tracking down lawbreakers in that movement like prey.
                              That should do it. Let's watch some football.
                              Wrong
                              Wrong
                              Really , really, really, wrong
                              Wrong
                              False equivalency
                              Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong.
                              Right.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• ** Beware **
                                I ordered Chinese from a local place (won't name them) went to pick it up and as I was driving home, heard the bags rustling and moving!!!
                                I thought what on earth is that? Has something gotten into the bag? I thought I could see a little pair of eyes peering out.
                                I was driving so pulled over, I leaned forward, picked up the bag, put it on the passenger seat and there it was again, more rustling and little eyes looking out behind the orange chicken!
                                I thought its got to be a rat or a mouse or something, so I carefully pulled the bag open...
                                And there it was ...
                                ... A Peeking Duck!!!
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X