Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Not at all. It's important we keep our eye on the important issues of the day, not other insignificant distractions. Please keep up the good work guiding us past the obstacles.
    Well good. Now I'lI let you turn conversation to San Francisco's Drag Queen Storybook Hour in just a minute, but I did want to quickly point out: less than 24 hours to go!!!!!

The camps have been cleaned and inspected and will be receiving their first guests tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!!

Comment

• Ladies and gentlemen, meet your nation's new Assistant Health Secretary:

levinex750.jpg.jpg

The person on the right is a "woman".

But it's the loony Conservatives who don't follow the science, amirite?

Comment

• More importantly, "she" bungled Pennsylvania's vaccination efforts and will now help run the national effort. Failing up.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• She is the one who removed her mother from a nursing home and THEN sent Covid patients to nursing homes?
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That is correct.

Comment

• Our new nation's health secretary.

The new normal is here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                Ladies and gentlemen, meet your nation's new Assistant Health Secretary:

levinex750.jpg.jpg

The person on the right is a "woman".

But it's the loony Conservatives who don't follow the science, amirite?
                JFC, she looks more like a man in the picture on the right.

Comment

• Dang .. its a good thing we didn't have hashtags back in Silly Billy's day ...

#believeallwomenexceptpaulajonesjuanitabroadderick kathleenwilleylesliemillweeandofcoursehillaryrodha m
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

JFC, she looks more like a man in the picture on the right.
                    Weird Al?

Comment

• Meanwhile, Rashida Tliab establishes the new administration's policy toward Israel.

They're racist, you know....

Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., lambasted Israel as a “racist state” during an interview on “Democracy Now!” on Tuesday while discussing the low vaccination rate of Palestinians.

I guess what we really need to do is supply the Gazans and Hamas with more rockets to fire into Israel. That ought to teach them a lesson ...
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        For Buchanan: https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...cy%20Challenge

It sort of details the challenges Biden faces. Of some note, 1M vaccinations a day is a fairly modest goal given that we've been pretty close to that. Logistical bottlenecks don't magically disappear with helicopter money. And, I think, the most important point -- the tendency to blame PDJT for everything obscures other, important systemic failures -- namely the complete bureaucratic failure of the CDC.

I also didn't know that Biden was going to rename "Operation Warp Speed" because it was a failure. LMMFAO. The one covid thing thtat clearly succeeded during PDJT's administration. Just LMMFAO.
                        I finally got to reading this. Thanks.

My comments: This article does two things very plainly and very clearly. First, I tended to place heavy blame on the decades long lack of attention to the PH infrastructure in the US. Understaffed and under resourced is an under statement. While that is undeniably true, the NR article secondly expands that argument to the CDC and it's incompetence, nay, the apparently deliberate failure to follow the law. Namely to restructure the means of disease information collection and dissemination nationally. Understanding the degree to which this blunted the national response to SARS-2 and, in large part, contributed to where we are right now, is eye opening.

I hope one of Biden's staffers read this. I hope several D Senators read it too and especially the part about Becerra, Biden's nomination to head HHS (and I have no doubt Harris put that bug in Biden's ear).....

Becerra has been California’s attorney general since 2017. Before that, he served in the House of Representatives for more than two decades. He’s not a political neophyte, to put it mildly, and by all accounts he is an able and intelligent man. But he is also a radical progressive social activist with essentially no experience in health care, public health, or human services and with very little experience with the department he has been nominated to run. His most direct experience with HHS has involved suing the department to weaken religious-liberty protections extended over the past four years.

It will be interesting to watch the confirmation process of Becerra. It's going to be a window into the R's and moderate D's understanding and awareness of the risks of radical progressive creep in the Federal Government, already underway.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I haven't brought it up in a while so on a personal note I'm more or less "recovered" from covid. Though it seems a little silly to put it that way. I had one day where I felt like I might puke all day long, and that's the only day I would've called off work in normal circumstances. Other than that just some coughing and no taste. And I've got my smell/taste mostly back now. I got off pretty easily, more easy than nearly everyone else in my family who got it as a result of Christmas. My dad just got out of the hospital after about 5 days, so that's a weight off our minds. He was receiving remdesivir while in there.

Comment

• Glad your elder family members are ok, DSL. Don't take this the wrong way, but I was never really concerned about you. Heh. You're too young. But, I know you were concerned about your parents.

I think your father is probably illustrative of how much we've learned in terms of treating Covid. If he were in NYC in April, who knows. That's scary. Definitely glad time was on your side.

Comment

• The variety of symptoms just in my family has been crazy. My grandma (who's doing good now too) had terrible nausea day after day for two weeks. l My dad was struggling to move by the time he went to the hospital and started living only on the first floor because the stairs were too much for him. My brother and sister in law are both younger and overall healthier than me and both had it rougher. High fever, body aches, chills, etc. And I'm almost def the one who gave it to them.

Comment

• DSL is one of the lucky 99.9%

seriouspost: I’m glad that the rest of your fams is OK.

Comment

Working...
                                X