No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The UK's Captain Sir Tom died today of covid. RIP.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      Pete Buttygig was confirmed as Transportation Secretary today.

Pete said his top priority will be to encourage the development of fusion powered automobiles and trucks. "If Sim City can perfect the use of fusion power, then so can we". Great start, Pete.
      He'll need to work with the Department of Energy on that one. With Granmole in charge over there, what could possibly go wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Quick: Who was the Transportation Secretary two weeks ago?
        I think she resigned more than 2 weeks ago but it used to be Mitch's wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
          The UK's Captain Sir Tom died today of covid. RIP.
          Impossible. China Joe has eradicated Covid.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 95-year old nursing home resident shoots staff, then returns to his room.

Comment

• Probably a Trumper...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Anteeeeeeefa!
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• They're the worst...

Comment

• BLM was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Their motto is, "Why is burning down a business a problem? They have insurance!"

Coming to a neighborhood near you.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well. look at that. We finally found the fraud. Haha!

Pro-Trump Election Conspiracist Lin Wood Investigated Over Possible Illegal Voting

The Georgia secretary of state's office is looking into whether Wood was actually a resident of South Carolina when he voted in the November general election.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Pretty standard stuff from the The Left -- https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/4339949001/

Yeah, vaccinations are going fast, but we should slow them down to make sure we got ourselves "equity". JFC.

BTW, I love how "equity" has slipped in there as the new Orwellian buzzword. Heaven forbid you are JUST in favor of equality. Nope. Equity. Whatever the flying fuck that means -- and it has to mean something other than equality because the two aren't used interchangeably.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This is a really interesting read on the EU's failure re vaccines up to and including their absolutely awful idea to impose "vaccine blockades" -- https://www.politico.eu/article/euro...h-astrazeneca/

All of the inherent weaknesses in the EU were exacerbated. To be fair, the US and it's general culture of "freedom" is definitely suboptimal for containing the virus. However, the American culture is also pretty conducive to getting shit done if you remove government as obstacle and, optionally, even include government as an ally.

Comment

• Finally, it seems like Chairman Joe is set to increase the minimum wage through budget reconciliation as part of the Covid relief package. I haven't a clue how the minimum wage is directly related to Covid relief, but Chairman Joe gonna Chairman Joe. I find it odd that Chairman Joe is championing such regressive policies as minimum wage and the elimination of affordable energy. But, here we are.

Comment

• I'm skeptical it can be done through reconciliation but who even decides that? Is something eligible under reconciliation if simply enough Senators say it is, or are there actual laws governing this stuff?

Comment

• They still don't understand that increasing the minimum wage does not increase wages. It cuts down on the number of wage earners, because small businesses have to lay people off, so they can afford to pay the new mandatory minimum wage. Less wage earners = less income. Small business is the backbone of the economy. Once again, its like Bill Cosby once said, "the government comes for the regular people first". Here they come.

But, at least Biden isn't Trump ....
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X