Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Cuomo under investigation by the DOJ...
    Boy he really musta pissed somebody off. Either that or something unavoidable and really embarrassing is going to drop soon and they have to cauterize the wound ASAP. You don't throw your Golden Boy Covid-19 superstar under the bus like that without some serious reasons. Even hayseed, brainwashed-by-Rush bumpkins like myself can use a search engine to find all of the news stories about what a great job Cuomo was doing last year.
    Last edited by Hannibal; February 17, 2021, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Nah. That’s QAnon talk, Hannibal!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Screen-Shot-2021-02-17-at-4.10.54-PM.png

The Party of Tolerance and Open-Mindedness...

Collectively triggered for 32 years into temper tantrums and meltdowns by one dissident voice. Despite controlling 100% of academia, 99% of Hollywood, and 95% of print and television news media, the Left could never stomach somebody disagreeing with them. Still can't.

Comment

• Huffpost ain't lying...
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• #LOVETRUMPSHATE

rush-1.png

03-RUSHTWEETS.jpg
            Last edited by Hannibal; February 17, 2021, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Looks like I was right.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The Left gonna Left, Liney. When you don't think a dude should be able to play chick sports, welp, you're a bigot.

But, it's about as instructive as you get -- when you disagree with The Left this is what they do.

Comment

• If the Ted Cruz thing is real, that is amazing and hilarious. Zodiac Killer don't give a shit. SPRING BREAK, BITCHES!!

EDIT: Should note it isn't verified yet. But his office has been asked repeatedly for comment and so far they've been silent.
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; February 18, 2021, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Boy he really musta pissed somebody off. Either that or something unavoidable and really embarrassing is going to drop soon and they have to cauterize the wound ASAP. You don't throw your Golden Boy Covid-19 superstar under the bus like that without some serious reasons. Even hayseed, brainwashed-by-Rush bumpkins like myself can use a search engine to find all of the news stories about what a great job Cuomo was doing last year.
                    And FWIW de Blasio is attacking Cuomo now too. Was just on MSNBC calling him a bully and the coverup being "classic Andrew Cuomo". Says he believes Rep. Kim, not Cuomo, about the "I'll destroy you" phone call.

Comment

• The Texas disaster is big enough that it wouldn't shock me if it's the nudge that finally pushes the state blue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        The Texas disaster is big enough that it wouldn't shock me if it's the nudge that finally pushes the state blue.
                        That, and half of California is moving there to get away from all the taxes and stupidity of the "golden state". Problem is, they're bringing all that with them.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Texifornia?
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It seems like this is confirmed now. His office still hasn't released a comment officially. Silence in itself is sort of damning since they've had 12 hours to respond.

Cruz and family head to sunny Cancun while Texas freezes in the dark. Obviously he can't single-handedly fix the grid himself, but one would think, just from a PR standpoint, one could be doing more for your constituents around this time. Show up at a shelter. Give a presser and distribute info on where to get help/get warm. For a guy that thinks he's going to be President one day this is quite something.

Comment

• Is that supposed to be a scandal? What am I missing?

Comment

• Nice little blog entry from Kevin Williamson: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...mill-politics/

Funny how the debate about the Texas blackouts is turning into a predictable culture-war issue. The New York Times offers this hectoring headline: “No, Wind Farms Aren’t the Main Cause of the Texas Blackouts,” over a piece by Dionne Searcey. Of course they aren’t the main cause — as Searcey notes, they make up only about 7 percent of the power mix this time of year. But renewables, mostly wind, make up a disproportionate share of the downed capacity, about 40 percent of it — 18 gigawatts of the 45 gigawatts taken offline — according to the left-leaning Texas Tribune, relying on figures from the state electricity-grid manager.

It’s a complex issue, but when 7 percent of your expected power represents 40 percent of your lost power, that is a significant fact.

Renewables have been subsidized pretty richly, and it is not unreasonable to ask: What if that money had instead been spent on preparing the rest of the electricity infrastructure for events such as this storm — unusual, but by no means unforeseeable — and what light does answering that question throw on future policy decisions?

And, oh yeah, Ted Cruz is in Cancun.

Comment

Working...
                                X