No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently, Jeff Bezos has taken some pre-emptive actions to prevent being 'cancelled'. The Amazon logo supposedly reminded people of a picture of Hitler, so it was changed. Evidence provided below ..

amazon-new-app-logo-1614708475.jpg

If you see a "Hitler moustache" in the "old", then the "new" is for you.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Only picture I think I've ever seen where Hitler was smiling was taken right after the Nazis entered Paris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Only picture I think I've ever seen where Hitler was smiling was taken right after the Nazis entered Paris.
        He smiled when he was around kids and his German Shepherd. I have one of each. I fear for both of them.

Comment

• The news today is full of articles being written that are, for the most part, condemnatory of states relaxing COVID restrictions. The NYTs piece I read had a few rejoinders suggesting some mitigation measures could be eased according to experts but was mostly, noooooo, don't do it; too early and will produce a rebound in new case numbers. It might but:
          • The median age of new cases is now in the 30s. The rate of serious illness in this cohort is < 3%.
          • New case numbers in the over 65 age group is somewhere in the 10-15% range of all new cases nationally - this is why we're seeing steep declines in hospitalizations and excess deaths despite a decrease in rate of decline of new cases and in some states an increase in these.
          • There is no scientific evidence that indicates in-person learning in US schools cannot be done safely with layered, reasonable even limited risk reduction measures. Schools, for the most part have remained open in Western Europe without serious consequence yet, in the US, school boards are still not sure it can be done safely. Non-sense.
          • There are multiple examples of locations with a high percentage of local, regional or country populations being inoculated where epidemiologist cannot deny the positive impact on both disease burden and disease spread secondary to vaccine administration. Here in the US. PH experts continue to warn, "we're not yet sure." Crazy.
          Look, I've been a keep things open and a reopening advocate since the start and once officials succumbed to political pressure and shuttered things. I continue to advocate for sensible reopening and return to normalcy within multiple venues that I have an opportunity to do so. I admittedly have a bias and want to defend my viewpoint. At the same time I read everything I can get my hands on including publications from researchers, scientists and medical professionals that agree with me and those that don't. It's a mixed bag but there's a recent and definite shift in viewpoints that are supportive of removing restrictions followed by the need for public health officials to start talking about how people can return to normalcy safely in the COVID environment.

The shift is based on a clear eyed analysis of the risks of becoming moderately or seriously ill from COVID compared to the long list of both social and economic benefits derived from easing mobility and congregate setting restrictions. This stuff is hard to quantify in a world that demands objectivity and hard evidence to pursue a particular course of action in most endeavors and especially where such action is related to the pandemic. That's unfortunate. For example, what does the SEC know that the BIG doesn't. What does Governor Abbot know that Whitmere and Newsome don't? I have no idea but there are no differences in the facts and the science these governors all have available to them. The difference then, is one of leadership instead of unwarranted hesitation, fear of accountability and political costs for doing a thing that might be viewed, albeit incorrectly, as wrong for the purpose of gaining political advantage.

I think it important in the coming weeks and months to be very careful about relying on public health recommendations coming from a certain spectrum of political leaders and virus experts who have a vested interest in defending the turf they've staked out. That's just like you should be careful of listening to me or others who hold similar views to mine. I do think the faces we see on a daily basis, acting in official roles, telling us the latest COVID news and recommendations are going to fight hard to demonstrate how wrong and irresponsible Governors like Abbot and Desantis are. A liberal MSM will augment their positions, nodding their collective heads in agreement with what they say. Keep an open mind and remember which COVID metrics are the ones you want to follow in making your own judgements about your own mobility and social interaction choices and judging which recommendations you want to follow or not follow.

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 3, 2021, 11:38 AM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            The live action Cat in the Hat film (starring Mike Myers) is full of homophobia, transphobia, microaggressions, and in-your-face sexism.

I hope no one here goes out and buys it and then watches it start to finish because that would be very offensive to me and I, a snowflake, just couldn't handle it and would retire to a safe space.

Other films I'm forbidding you to watch:

The Love Guru (2009)
            Movie 43 (2013)
            The Lone Ranger (2013)
            Wild, Wild West (1999)
            The Adventures of Ford Fairlane (1990)
            Ghosts Can't Do It (1990)
            Congo (1995)
            Twilight (2008)
            Zookeeper (2011)
            Malibu's Most Wanted (2003)
            Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House (2002)
            Spice World (1997)
            You left out Spaceballs, History of the World and Blazing Saddles..
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Welp. There goes my helicopter money. Cut out with almost surgical precision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Welp. There goes my helicopter money. Cut out with almost surgical precision.
                I was expecting enough for another ham sammich but looking like I won't even get that.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

You left out Spaceballs, History of the World and Blazing Saddles..
                  We progs love those films and they will help to covert you to our cause. But whatever you do, please, PLEASE do not watch "Dracula: Dead and Loving It", because that would trigger us sooooo bad.

We are also triggered when conservatives play mumblety peg while drunk on Olde English

Comment

• How dare you talk to AA like that!
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• more side effects you have

the better immune response you are launching

in theory I guess

I have received about 40 flu shots maybe 40 other shots serving in the military

covid 2 left me a little tired

wife refuses to get shots--buckled and got covid and the second shot mader her absolutely miserible. she vows never to get another shot of anything

antedoctal for sure but i do think older folks who have gotten shots all theri lives do a little better with it

Comment

• Good news (sorry) As of today

Michigan 50 and older with underlying health conditions or disabilities can get COVID-19 vaccines starting Monday, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announced Wednesday.

Family members and guardians who care for children with special health care needs also will be eligible for shots.

"All other individuals over age 50 (will be) eligible March 22," said Tiffany Brown, Whitmer's communications director.

Comment

• Getting my first shot in the arm @825 Friday morning (Pfizer)
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• 146844303_10104548320606046_8337800311141360176_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&amp;ccb=3&amp;_nc_sid=8bfeb9&amp;_nc_ohc=DPEgU2VNP7UAX_i2e8v&amp;_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&amp;tp=6&amp;oh=9d8a93660569cc39894c0756d9508ec6&amp;oe=6064A1C1.jpg

An example of the awful hate speech that is finally being addressed by the publishers of Dr. Seuss.

How dare he say that a little boy can be a dad, and a little girl can be a mom!!

Shameful!!
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The Republican grievance perpetual motion machine

https://theweek.com/articles/969981/...motion-machine

The next outrage is already on the horizon. Jeep is apparently thinking about renaming the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee cuz WOKE. OVER THE LINE!!!

A part of me now wonders if these companies are cynically exploiting MAGAheads to drive up sales. Been well reported that Dr. Seuss sales are off the charts thanks to conservative panic-buying, despite the company itself being the ones to "cave" to woke-ism and you presumably wouldn't want to reward them for that? <<shrugs>> Glenn Beck, Mark Levin, and a bunch of other rightwing pundits were encouraging their listeners to buy up every Mr. Potato Head they could "while supplies last". I can imagine the CEO of Jeep looking sadly into the tv camera, wiping away a single tear, and saying the Cherokee name was being retired but reminding everyone that plenty remain unsold so if you're a fan...well...

EDIT: Should mention that of the 9 Dr. Seuss books that soared into the Amazon Top 10, not one of them was one of the books actually being dropped from publication.
                              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 4, 2021, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• I rather enjoy DSL's continual defense of the Woke.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X