No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ahhhh the modern Dems...where intentions mean everything and results are meaningless...where assigning blame has become a sport...where dividing Anericans is a noble cause....where the Constitution has become toilet paper...where censorship of the rival party is glorified...where hard working Americans are villified..."

Boy sucks to be you (and Hannible and Talent and Geezer and Linesman and Crashcourse and Mike and all the rest of you losers looking in from the outside. Enjoy the next four years as whiny little bitches

Comment

• In COVID news, when looked at on a comparative basis and in terms of reductions in key COVID metrics, the UK, who embarked on a one shot, instead of two shot, vaccination regimen using the AZ vaccine, has experienced a 90% decline in new cases since January - the US, 79%.

The lessons are clear: countries pursuing a pandemic beating strategy that gets the most shots into arms is doing the best and beating back COVID.

Vaccines.PNG

Vaccines2.PNG
      Research is saying that delaying a second shot "by a couple of months" for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines isn't impairing the protection from COVID infection conferred by the vaccines. In light of a 2w delay in production of the J&J vaccine and the slow process of configuring Merck manufacturing facilities to produce J&J vaccines, the Biden administration should consider going for one shot of the two shot vaccines right now and probably delaying administering a second dose until June. Critics of that idea say it will cause "too much confusion." Really?

I reiterate ...... shots in fucking arms.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• It's not just possible that some non-citizens have voted, I'm sure it has happened in occasional instances. We have individual instances of legal citizens committing fraud too, but that doesn't mean the problem is widespread. So the bigger question is whether it exists in numbers great enough to swing elections or not.

When Florida announces that they've found 180,000 illegal voters and later reduces the list down to "maybe" 85, do you believe no vetting of their actual citizenship status took place? It's somewhat inconceivable to me that even state elections bureaus are not allowed to vet SS numbers to see if they are real or not when doing an audit of a huge number of "suspicious" voters.

On a loosely related note...

There's some evidence that under the new Trump Party, the Republicans could be turning into more casual, unreliable voters. Other than the elderly, educated middle to upper-middle suburbanites are the most reliable voters there are and they have been drifting leftward under Trump populism. Someone I follow posted data from Iowa recently, and I wish I could find it again but can't...but they were looking at the voting patterns of 2020 Biden voters vs Trump voters over the previous 4 elections (2012, 2014, 2016, 2018). Biden narrowly won the people who had voted every time. Trump won with the people who had voted 3 out of 4 times, 2 out of 4, etc., but his margin grew as the voters got more irregular.

This was presented in the context of Iowa passing new laws that will eliminate 9 days of early voting, ban counties from sending out unsolicited ballot applications, and cut an hour off the amount of time the polls can even be open Election Day. (It's not clear to me how closing the polls earlier on Election Day combats fraud but whatever, another argument for another day). The question posed was whether tighter restrictions on voting would actually backfire against Republicans if their base is increasingly made up of these more casual, more irregular voters.

Iowa's just one state...this pattern might not be replicated elsewhere. Trump (rightfully) gets credit for driving first-time voters to the polls but those people are probably first-timers for a reason and it's not because they just turned 18.

Comment

• DSL,

When Florida announces that they've found 180,000 illegal voters and later reduces the list down to "maybe" 85, do you believe no vetting of their actual citizenship status took place? It's somewhat inconceivable to me that even state elections bureaus are not allowed to vet SS numbers to see if they are real or not when doing an audit of a huge number of "suspicious" voters.
          1). Vetting SS#’s apparently wasn’t in their methodology. It was simply finding a registration card for every name on the roster and no duplicates. I assume that they at least checked that the SS card was active, but they didn’t even specifically say that they did or could. Aside from that, they looked at if mail-in votes were tampered with and whether the Florida Democratic and Republican Parties interfered with or adulterated results. To my understanding, there was also no canvassing to interview voters or even check if the listed address existed - and you kinda understand why. To do the investigation in a short amount of time would require a ton of investigative manpower.

2). Most states don’t have a research arm. They usually use research firms and their state law enforcement with a limited and defined scope.

3) Shostakovich was a hack.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I presume that SS numbers get checked with DC when the voter registers, otherwise why even ask for it? Surely "privacy concerns" cannot block even a state agency from checking to see if it's a valid number, active, and matches the person registering to vote.

I'd note that if anyone can just supply a phony SS or one from a dead person when they register, and it's never verified by anyone at any point in the process, then that lays open the "possibility" that natural born US citizens are voting illegally by the millions too.

But I don't think that's happening. Maybe in Florida they didn't check every SS# a second time when doing the audit, but I'm pretty sure they did when the person registered.

The Leningrad Symphony is a masterwork not unlike the Mona Lisa, Frank Lloyd Wright's "Fallingwater", or the collected works of William Faulkner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              I presume that SS numbers get checked with DC when the voter registers, otherwise why even ask for it? Surely "privacy concerns" cannot block even a state agency from checking to see if it's a valid number, active, and matches the person registering to vote.

I'd note that if anyone can just supply a phony SS or one from a dead person when they register, and it's never verified by anyone at any point in the process, then that lays open the "possibility" that natural born US citizens are voting illegally by the millions too.

But I don't think that's happening. Maybe in Florida they didn't check every SS# a second time when doing the audit, but I'm pretty sure they did when the person registered.

The Leningrad Symphony is a masterwork not unlike the Mona Lisa, Frank Lloyd Wright's "Fallingwater", or the collected works of William Faulkner.
              Perhaps they did check. However, they specifically detailed everything they did, and they did not mention that at all. They absolutely should. As well as check whether a SS card is actually held by a citizen. One thing they could do is change the numbering system for every card a non citizen is issued so that their cards start with a NC instead of numbers to designate them appropriately. I would be interested to see if you can find any mention that a SS number is vetted by the states. I did a cursory look and cannot. No verification of addresses, SS cards, citizenship status, etc. I know my local voting registrar is ran by an 82-year-old volunteer named Mabel. I can ask her what the process is after she finishes group exercise at the community center. Friday is aqua aerobics day. And she’s not gonna miss that.

And agreed. Shostakovich is the Faulkner of the music world: a bumbling, incoherent hack.
              Last edited by AlabamAlum; March 19, 2021, 08:51 AM.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Perhaps they did check. However, they specifically detailed everything they did, and they did not mention that at all. They absolutely should. As well as check whether a SS card is actually held by a citizen. One thing they could do is change the numbering system for every card a non citizen is issued so that their cards start with a NC instead of numbers to designate them appropriately. I would be interested to see if you can find any mention that a SS number is vetted by the states. I did a cursory look and cannot. No verification of addresses, SS cards, citizenship status, etc. I know my local voting registrar is ran by an 82-year-old volunteer named Mabel. I can ask her what the process is after she finishes group exercise at the community center. Friday is aqua aerobics day. And she’s not gonna miss that.

And agreed. Shostakovich is the Faulkner of the music world: a bumbling, incoherent hack.
                In Ohio I believe something that establishes your SS# is a requirement of getting either a drivers license or a state ID. So if they are at least checking to see if the person's license is valid they should be covering their bases.

Comment

• Good for Ohio. I can’t find anything in writing for other states or any mention of vetting cards.

How is Ohio checking SS cards? That it is an active number? Do they concern themselves with citizenship? I would assume not since citizenship isn’t a prerequisite of obtaining a DL.

Comment

• Of course, there’s limited data on illegals voting- probably because they’re ILLEGALS. Do you really expect people to come out and admit that they voted or allowed illegals to vote?

Again, the key word is ILLEGAL. Not only are illegals undermining the immigration laws and authorities, and tapping into Nation’s resources, they are essentially secret “free agents”. In a modern world where honest (mostly innocent) people leave electronic fingerprints that can be tracked, illegals can pretty much move around with impunity. It' you want to have something shady done and reduce your risk of getting caught- whether it’s defying labor laws, distributing drugs, sex trafficking or murder- illegals are a great source of candidates.

Comment

• Boy sucks to be you (and Hannible and Talent and Geezer and Linesman and Crashcourse and Mike and all the rest of you losers looking in from the outside. Enjoy the next four years as whiny little bitches
                      I BELONG! I REALLY BELONG!!!!

Stan, you always get this way when you stop eating ruffage. Head to the grocery store, man.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Good for Ohio. I can’t find anything in writing for other states or any mention of vetting cards.

How is Ohio checking SS cards? That it is an active number? Do they concern themselves with citizenship? I would assume not since citizenship isn’t a prerequisite of obtaining a DL.
                        Forgot this earlier but I believe that SS numbers issued to non-citizens are flagged in some way or use a unique number. Not 100% sure but I seem to recall that. Also the number of legal aliens that are issued SS numbers prior to naturalization is reasonably rare. Most of them get an Alien registration number instead which is what they use to file their taxes.

Comment

• Gotta love y’a Liney

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Forgot this earlier but I believe that SS numbers issued to non-citizens are flagged in some way or use a unique number. Not 100% sure but I seem to recall that. Also the number of legal aliens that are issued SS numbers prior to naturalization is reasonably rare. Most of them get an Alien registration number instead which is what they use to file their taxes.
                            Any authorized working alien has to have a SS#. The. A-Number is not the same thing. Or at least it used to be that way. Things may have changed but my HR mgr used to have to work with this for the foreign doctors.

Comment

Any authorized working alien has to have a SS#. The. A-Number is not the same thing. Or at least it used to be that way. Things may have changed but my HR mgr used to have to work with this for the foreign doctors.
                              I may have that wrong then. I thought previously that they didn't want them paying into the SS system if they were only here to work for a couple years and therefor didn't need a SS number.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I BELONG! I REALLY BELONG!!!!

Stan, you always get this way when you stop eating ruffage. Head to the grocery store, man.
                                Ruffage? Or roughage?

Liney:

hello

Stan:

STFU

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X