No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All these shootings get memory holed, nothing is ever done about them.

Comment

• Because there's nothing to be done about them.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Thirty-five (35) people were shot in Chicago over the weekend. That's pretty much an every-weekend occurrence.

Why won't liberal Democrats talk about taking away automatic weapons from gangs in places like Chicago and LA? With the inevitable calls for more "gun control", does this mean that Antifa and BLM will be required to give up their guns too?

I'll bet NOT.

But you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll talk about taking away an AR15 from "Bubba" who lives on a farm in South Carolina. And the only thing that Bubba has shot at is a paper target at the local firing range.

I know people who have AR15's. Several people. They've never shot a single soul. And they won't if they're not threatened or shot at first.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• This may seem like unimportant news. It's not. The US, or any other country for that matter, isn't going to get enough vaccines into arms fast enough to bring the pandemic to heel. There are a lot of reasons why that don't matter.

I've read that a portion of the most recent relief bill passed by the US Congress and signed by Biden has a big chunk of money for testing. Details are sketchy and I have concerns that intent is going to turn into action on the ground. Mass testing like Slovakia did may not be appropriate in the US but targeted testing at a much larger scale than the US has done 'till now can produce similar results.

Slovakia conducted multiple rounds of population-wide rapid antigen testing for SARS-CoV-2 in late 2020, combined with a period of additional contact restrictions. Observed prevalence decreased by 58% (95% CI: 57-58%) within one week in the 45 counties that were subject to two rounds of mass testing, an estimate that remained robust when adjusting for multiple potential confounders. Adjusting for epidemic growth of 4.4% (1.1-6.9%) per day preceding the mass testing campaign, the estimated decrease in prevalence compared to a scenario of unmitigated growth was 70% (67-73%). Modelling indicated that this decrease could not be explained solely by infection control measures, but required the additional impact of isolation and quarantine of household members of those testing positive.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Because there's nothing to be done about them.
            Yeah we need to outlaw murder...get r done congress!
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              Thirty-five (35) people were shot in Chicago over the weekend. That's pretty much an every-weekend occurrence.

Why won't liberal Democrats talk about taking away automatic weapons from gangs in places like Chicago and LA? With the inevitable calls for more "gun control", does this mean that Antifa and BLM will be required to give up their guns too?

I'll bet NOT.

But you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll talk about taking away an AR15 from "Bubba" who lives on a farm in South Carolina. And the only thing that Bubba has shot at is a paper target at the local firing range.

I know people who have AR15's. Several people. They've never shot a single soul. And they won't if they're not threatened or shot at first.
              fuckin' guns
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

Yeah we need to outlaw murder...get r done congress!
                This is the rub. There is no magic public policy that will eradicate gun violence. I believe there are some 300 million firearms privately owned in the United States. If the manufacturer and sale of new guns was halted tomorrow, there’s still plenty to go around.

Comment

• EFZ
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• From Election Day to March 23

DOW JONES

Trump +12.6%
                    Biden +17.9%

NASDAQ

Trump +12%
                    Biden +18.5%

THANK YOU, CHAIRMAN JOE!! YOUR ECONOMY IS BOOMIN! LET THE EAGLE SOAR!!

Election 2020 Hello GIF by Joe Biden

Comment

• somebody wake him up and tell him

Comment

• If Joe was an eagle he would be flying into objects...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          From Election Day to March 23

DOW JONES

Trump +12.6%
                          Biden +17.9%

NASDAQ

Trump +12%
                          Biden +18.5%

THANK YOU, CHAIRMAN JOE!! YOUR ECONOMY IS BOOMIN! LET THE EAGLE SOAR!!

Election 2020 Hello GIF by Joe Biden
                          now do gas prices and # of times fallen down the stairs.

Comment

• KRAPTURE!
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Gas prices here:

Inauguration Day: $2.00 gal.

Today: $2.75 gal.

And if Whitmer gets her way, it'll be nearly $4.00.

Comment

• Good Lord. OPEC decreased production. There was less US production when people weren't driving, we lost refining capability because of the storms.

Normal shit.

Prices will come back down.

Let go of the talking points and the pearls.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X