Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Our new Asst. Secretary of Health. She is the one who got her mom out of the nursing home and then locked down, right?
    Correct.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I do feel bad that Chairman Joe and the #LuvGuv are victims of conspiracies. Poor Chairman Joe couldn't have possibly known that his open borders rhetoric would cause immigrants to surge to the US border. And, of course, the #LuvGuv has lived up to everything his spring and summer lovefest demanded.

Heh. Progs gonna Prog.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Correct.
        She looks very....healthy.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Anyway, in the relatively near future I suspect we'll find out if inflation will ever be a thing again or if you can just print as much money as you need. Another $3T on top of $1.9T....JFC.

That said, the debate is no longer between fiscal responsiblity and not....it's between the fiscally irresponsible and the fiscally insane. I figure the Covid bounce should be good for 12 months, at least. And, of course, the PDJT Economy was steamrolling until Covid. So, it may get the Ds through 2022.

I'd also note that I haven't seen DSL or Jon recently bemoaning the ginormous bubble we're in and how the stock markets are going to crash down to earth. I assume Chairman Joe has fixed that.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

She looks very....healthy.
            She's trans or something, so, ummmm, I don't think you can criticize her in any shape or form. They're watching you, AA.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Anyway, in the relatively near future I suspect we'll find out if inflation will ever be a thing again or if you can just print as much money as you need. Another $3T on top of $1.9T....JFC.

That said, the debate is no longer between fiscal responsiblity and not....it's between the fiscally irresponsible and the fiscally insane. I figure the Covid bounce should be good for 12 months, at least. And, of course, the PDJT Economy was steamrolling until Covid. So, it may get the Ds through 2022.

I'd also note that I haven't seen DSL or Jon recently bemoaning the ginormous bubble we're in and how the stock markets are going to crash down to earth. I assume Chairman Joe has fixed that.
              Your anger over the strength of the Biden economy and your rooting against America are duly noted and palpable.

WOOOO! Suck it, America-haters! The saboteurs try to stop the eagle from soaring, but soar it still does!!!

Comment

• Biden is actually mildly interesting to me because he's the least polarizing President since probably Ford, which also means within my lifetime. Maybe there's a case for Bush 1. IMO the majority of people just don't feel strongly about him one way or the other.

Some anecdote I read a month ago or so was an interview with a guy who sold merchandise at MAGA-type rallies. Hillary and Obama bashing tshirts still sell like hotcakes but he bemoaned the fact that he couldn't GIVE away the Biden ones. Eventually stopped offering them.

Comment

• The first sentence struck me as rather funny. Heh.

In any event, he's not polarizing until he is. So far he is ok. Covid relief is ok. But, I think we're moving to political hot water at a really rapid pace. Immigration is doing him no favors and the election bill is a travesty (though, few people are actually paying attention to that). But, the "big ideas" $3T worth of bills....we'll see...

Comment

• Biden is actually mildly interesting to me because he's the least polarizing President since probably Ford, which also means within my lifetime. Maybe there's a case for Bush 1. IMO the majority of people just don't feel strongly about him one way or the other.
                    You must not remember Reagan. He soundly defeated an incumbent President, then was re-elected in one of the biggest landslides in election history. He was elected because loads of democrats crossed over in both elections and put him in office. Lots of people liked the man.

Of course the press hated him, but that's what they do.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Biden doesn't have to eliminate the Trump tax cuts. They expire for us peons in 2025, You know, a year after he would have been out of office had he won reelections in 2020. Of course, the corporate tax cuts were permanent.

Just another example of Trump looking out for the little guy.
                      because he wrote the legislation, right?

Comment

• Just because Reagan did well doesn't mean he wasn't polarizing. The Left hated him.

Ironically, Chairman Joe comes off way more forgetful and stupid than Reagan and way more clumsy than Ford and, yet, somehow comedians think Biden is "comedy" proof. Nothing to work with there. Again, I wish I were making that up, but the Left gonna Left.

Comment

• the fucking garbage this white house sends out

lPiRkyi3.png

Comment

• SbEcSt23.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

You must not remember Reagan. He soundly defeated an incumbent President, then was re-elected in one of the biggest landslides in election history. He was elected because loads of democrats crossed over in both elections and put him in office. Lots of people liked the man.

Of course the press hated him, but that's what they do.
                              Like Talent said, lots of people hated Reagan, but polarizing means strong emotions either way. Tons of conservatives adored Reagan. My point was that not a lot of people either hate OR love Biden, which makes him more a Gerald Ford figure in my mind than Reagan, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama, or Trump.

Talent's right that there's plenty of time that this could change but his personality and quite frankly, the Right's casting him as a senile, bumbling old man, make him harder to despise and he lacks the more superficial elements (good looks, charismatic personality) that would make people really like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Like Talent said, lots of people hated Reagan, but polarizing means strong emotions either way. Tons of conservatives adored Reagan. My point was that not a lot of people either hate OR love Biden, which makes him more a Gerald Ford figure in my mind than Reagan, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama, or Trump.

Talent's right that there's plenty of time that this could change but his personality and quite frankly, the Right's casting him as a senile, bumbling old man, make him harder to despise and he lacks the more superficial elements (good looks, charismatic personality) that would make people really like him.
                                does make sense now, the whole falling down the stairs 3 times. He just did it to own the repubs

Comment

Working...
                                X