No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We'll see how big a infrastructure bill gets pushed through, I'm skeptical on it in general and on it being able to get through reconciliation.

Comment

• Oh struck a nerve did I? You forgot how your govt job allows you to post all day while supposedly working, carry on Govt goldbricks gonna goldbrick

Comment

• Stan, Exlax.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Since Chairman Joe is about to push through a ginormous infrastructure bill, it's worth asking why on earth our infrastructure needs improved given how much we spend on it? This article is shorter but relies on a longer paper that is cited and available for download. Both are worth the read: https://reason.com/2021/03/25/why-do...an-it-used-to/

One of the key conclusions is that the power of the "citizen voice" increased significantly in the early 1970s making it much easier for folks who wished to preserve their status quo to do so. That essentially made building infrastructure in wealthier areas much more costly (whereas prior to 1970 there was no statistically signifcant correlation between cost and income of the area where the build was occuring).

As we all agree that the current fiscal policy is "unsustainable" and that any infratstructure bill needs funded, I think it wise to consider ways to reduce the costs associated with providing the actual necessary infrastructure.
          It is kind of the same thing that plagues housing construction. Too many veto points.

Comment

• Market closes up 450 points because that's the way the Chairman likes to start a weekend!!!

PARTY HEARTY, MY FELLOW AMERICANS!!! I'LL SEE YOU ON MONDAY!!

I Mean Barack Obama GIF

Comment

• Meanwhile a former Company executive is sending round a demo tape. Seeking exposure and new opportunities.

ExdBYD2XEAU-PIT?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Ah c’mon Jeff I’m just fucking with him. Truth is I love talent He’s the most cogent poster on irbid board

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Since Chairman Joe is about to push through a ginormous infrastructure bill, it's worth asking why on earth our infrastructure needs improved given how much we spend on it? This article is shorter but relies on a longer paper that is cited and available for download. Both are worth the read: https://reason.com/2021/03/25/why-do...an-it-used-to/

One of the key conclusions is that the power of the "citizen voice" increased significantly in the early 1970s making it much easier for folks who wished to preserve their status quo to do so. That essentially made building infrastructure in wealthier areas much more costly (whereas prior to 1970 there was no statistically signifcant correlation between cost and income of the area where the build was occuring).

As we all agree that the current fiscal policy is "unsustainable" and that any infratstructure bill needs funded, I think it wise to consider ways to reduce the costs associated with providing the actual necessary infrastructure.
                  We built our country's interstate highway system and the program that put a man on the moon with government spending that was a much smaller portion of GDP than it is now. It's incredible how little effectiveness we get out of our government for how deeply in debt it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

We built our country's interstate highway system and the program that put a man on the moon with government spending that was a much smaller portion of GDP than it is now. It's incredible how little effectiveness we get out of our government for how deeply in debt it is.
                    That's a real issue that ought to concern everyone. If you're in favor of ginormous infrastructure spending, the fact that we don't nearly as much bang for our buck as we should is something that makes it harder for you to pass the bill you want. If you're against it, well, yeah -- there's a reason.

I don't think it's particularly objectionable to recognize the current state of affairs. I'm leery of using one-off weird examples, but I think the California super train project is emblematic of the issues we're talking about -- albeit -- very much a worst case scenario -- I still think it's way closer to ordinary issues than it ought to be.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

It is kind of the same thing that plagues housing construction. Too many veto points.
                      EFZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                        Ah c’mon Jeff I’m just fucking with him. Truth is I love talent He’s the most cogent poster on irbid board
                        Incidentally, non-billable, salaried, state work is goldbricking fucking heaven. And what's better -- the former AG brought me in to accomplish certain tasks and political objectices, so I was always on the radar and traveling everywhere and reporting to basically the 2nd in command. It was sort of a pain in the ass. The AG doesn't care about the old AG's political objectives, so now I'm just a flat out IP/contract/occasional pension fund attorney. And I work from home! PERMANENTLY!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                          Ah c’mon Jeff I’m just fucking with him. Truth is I love talent He’s the most cogent poster on irbid board
                          Your second biggest mistake today was telling Talent he's "cogent."
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I am cogenter!
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "And I work from home! PERMANENTLY!"

Ah, that explains all the posts during "normal" business hours! :-)

Comment

• I can post just as much in the office. I’m gifted.

Comment

Working...
                                X