No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...that was a rhetorical question liney...here's a McRib to calm you down buddy...
    Attached Files
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      ...here's a McRib to calm you down buddy...
      Man, I though you and Liney were friends...
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

If I were to go over to Metro Airport in Detroit today, and attempt to buy a ticket to fly to Fort Liquordale and visit my good friend Jeff B., I wouldn't be able to board the plane. I don't have one of those "Enhanced ID's" that are now required of everyone, to get on the plane. I would have to go over to the Michigan Secretary of State office, and plunk down some cash, (I believe $60) and then wait about 6 weeks to receive my new ID. Just to fly on a domestic flight.

I don't hear any politician, Dem or Repub, complaining about that requirement.

Yet its "racist" to require a voter in Atlanta Georgia to show a picture ID in order to vote.

If the country is going to do away with laws requiring ID to vote, then they should also do away with the requirement to show "enhanced ID" in order to fly on a plane.
        Liney, Real ID doesn’t go into effect until October 1, 2021. There is no additional cost to receive an enhanced driver’s license if you do it when you renew. I had to get a new license last month and it was $18 with the Real ID star and veteran credential and received in about a week.

If you go to the SOS and upgrade a non-enhanced license, it’s $45. There are several other documents that are Real ID compliant such as a passport.

Comment

• This Matt Gaetz story is one of the kookiest scandals in history. It would be too corny to make into a movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Liney, Real ID doesn’t go into effect until October 1, 2021. There is no additional cost to receive an enhanced driver’s license if you do it when you renew. I had to get a new license last month and it was $18 with the Real ID star and veteran credential and received in about a week.

If you go to the SOS and upgrade a non-enhanced license, it’s $45. There are several other documents that are Real ID compliant such as a passport.
            That's not the information I was given when I tried to book my cruise last year.

Carnival told me that my wife and I would have to have the "enhanced ID" in order to fly to Ft. Lauderdale, and in order to sail with them this past February. "The airlines will not let you fly without it" is what we were told.

They suggested that we get a passport, because if we missed our sailing time at a port of call, we would need it to get back to the US, or to catch up with the ship.

Our cruise was cancelled of course, but that's what the booking agent told us. I don't doubt what you're saying, .. I'm just saying that's the info I was given. I may go get the enhanced ID because we do like to head over to Canada on occasion. But I guess we'll have to wait until Canada opens their borders.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Liney...I would like to buy you and the missus a cruise...

...of course you realize today is the holiday named for me of course...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• They lied to you Liney- Just get the passport. I opted that route when I was due to renew last year- but only because I have no interest in dealing with the MI SOS in person.

Comment

• I think I may do that Tom. A passport solves all the travel problems. The enhanced ID doesn't cover all travel, as I understand it.

And, I stand corrected.

But its still silly for anyone to be upset about showing a valid ID in order to vote. Only those who value voter fraud would have a problem with showing ID at the polls.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• shaddup...relax...and have a Bacon McGriddle on me liney...

Attached Files
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Liney, if there isn't a problem with voter fraud (there isn't) then there's no reason to require ID at the polls. Its a 'solution' to a non-existent problem. You're advocating increased gov't intervention into our lives without need or reason.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• heh
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If there isn't an issue of voter suppression, and there isn't, then there's no reason to oppose identifying yourself to vote.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Charles Cooke just rips the heads off the brazenly lying Ds re Georgia: https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...-the-lies-are/

Chairman Joe is lucky that he has The Media firmly working for him because he can barely tell the truth on this issue.

Comment

• In the meantime, states are requiring you to present an ID to get vaccinated even though there is no evidence of widespread fraud for getting the vaccine. Crazy fucking racist motherfuckers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                                Liney, if there isn't a problem with voter fraud (there isn't) then there's no reason to require ID at the polls. Its a 'solution' to a non-existent problem. You're advocating increased gov't intervention into our lives without need or reason.
                                Of course, there is voter fraud. But it is handy to define it away in your premise and then lament government intervention in our lives! The truth is that we don't have any idea whether there is enough voter fraud to warrant photo ID. When there are more votes cast on election day than there were voters at the polls that day (as in PA) then something is wrong.

But, if you don't want to have photo ID, then let the poll workers in D precincts come from R areas of the state, and let the Ds count the normally R areas. Yes, a little more travel, but worth it if you want to have an honest count. No Dem would agree to this idea.

Ultimately, we should use blockchain technology to get to the ideal of all legal votes being counted once.

Comment

Working...
                                X