Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
    Whether it’s required by law or not, how about showing some respect for the voting process and do the responsible thing and bring valid ID?

Assuming that people of a certain race aren’t capable of grasping, and managing, that concept does seem, well, pretty racist.
    Better not let Grandma's driver's license ever lapse then.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

This is one of the reasons I was wondering where MLB plans to take the All Star Game and their Draft. Will they take it to another state that requires ID? MLB doesn't have stadiums in every state. The pickings might be slim if no voter ID requirement is the litmus test.
      I think that they will take it to a place that can handle such things on short notice.

So I think it is likely that to be in a state such as Florida or Texas.

I was thinking Miami but they hosted in 2017.

Tampa Bay might be an interesting choice. Rangers have yet to host an All Star at their current place, but they did have postseason games there last year.

A couple dark horse candidates might be Wrigley Field (have not hosted since 90) or Houston/Detroit
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Grandma can obtain other forms of ID. And, in most states, if she forgets her ID she can cast a provisional ballot and come back and confirm it's her in some form.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

I think that they will take it to a place that can handle such things on short notice.

So I think it is likely that to be in a state such as Florida or Texas.

I was thinking Miami but they hosted in 2017.

Tampa Bay might be an interesting choice. Rangers have yet to host an All Star at their current place, but they did have postseason games there last year.

A couple dark horse candidates might be Wrigley Field (have not hosted since 90) or Houston/Detroit
          The problem they're going to have, as Liney hinted at, is that they can only pick a place with election laws that are significantly different than Georgia -- at minimum, no ID. The problem with that is that Georgia's law is pretty damn normal. For example, they're as or more lenient than NEW YORK except that NY doesn't require an ID to vote (just to register -- but, you still need to show that ID at least once in NY).

Ha -- I say that and then I realize that someone will have to call MLB on their bullshit. LOL. Seeing as how the Goergia law is now "Jim Crow on Steroids" and The Media is yessing Chairman Joe, I realize how utterly stupid it is to think someone will take MLB to the mat.

So, yeah, why not Florida or Texas?

Comment

Well, if Granny's not lucid enough to keep her license put to date, she's probably not well enough informed on the issues or candidates to make a sound decision. Or, she's racist.

Comment

You only need to go to the SOS in person to renew a drivers license every 7 years to get a new photo. If grandma is no longer driving she can get a state ID that lasts four years and can be renewed by mail. If Grandma needs to go to the SOS to obtain either of these IDs and none of her deadbeat children or grandchildren will help her, she can use Dial-A-Ride. The price for seniors is usually around $2.

The midterm election is only a year and a half away! So if people start strategizing now they just might figure out how to obtain valid ID and vote in Michigan in November 2022! Remember: Failure to plan is planning to fail. Also: The arguments against voter ID are specious, dishonest, weak, and just plain fucking stupid.

Comment

• A lot of stuff Dems have said about the law isn't true. A lot of the worst ideas being tossed around never made it into the bill. I have some smaller problems with some things they've done, primarily with drop boxes.

Of course the new law was "necessary" because of a huge pile of horseshit being pushed by the ex-Chairman and his corrupt sycophants

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  A lot of stuff Dems have said about the law isn't true. A lot of the worst ideas being tossed around never made it into the bill. I have some smaller problems with some things they've done, primarily with drop boxes.

Of course the new law was "necessary" because of a huge pile of horseshit being pushed by the ex-Chairman and his corrupt sycophants
                  Correct. And I actually agree that the drop boxes are a little more limited than I'd prefer, but it's within the range of reason.

And, correct re PDJT.

What you essentially have is one side demagoguing the fuck out of an issue that essentially rare, at best (voter fraud) and the other side demagoguing the fuck out of an issue that is predicated on a ginormous lie (the race-baiting JIM CROW ON STEROIDS shit). Unfortunately, one side actually has a ton of currency and traction such that no one pushes back. And THAT is a problem (IMO).

What you're actually dealing with is an election law that, like 50 other election laws, is fairly similar to national standards. You have some ala carte options -- early voting days, dropbox rules, ID requirements -- but, fundamentally, they're all approximately the same. I don't know what the Trillion Dollar Man thinks Jim Crow was, but I find it insulting to say that Georiga is worse in 2021. IIRC, that silly Mandlorian actress was cancelled for comparing something to Nazis -- because her overstatement of the problem marginalized the horrors of the death camps. Well....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    It's an easy layup, but similar things could be said about new "Gun Laws".

We would save ourselves a lot of trouble- and more than a few lives- if people just realized that shooting people can kill them and that is wrong.

Comment

• That's also true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

It's an easy layup, but similar things could be said about new "Gun Laws".

We would save ourselves a lot of trouble- and more than a few lives- if people just realized that shooting people can kill them and that is wrong.
                        I’ve got it! Warning labels on ammo.

Comment

• Over the weekend there was a foiled coup in Jordan. Or maybe not. It's not completely clear what happened beyond a few dozen people, including members of the royal family, being arrested. Could just be a power play by the King similar to what MBS did several years back.

Prince Hamzah says he will not stay quiet after he was accused of plotting to destabilise the state.

Comment

• Just got my second shot. Trying desperately to resist the mind control microchips. So far so good.

Expecting to feel terrible tomorrow though.

Comment

• If you feel ok tomorrow that's a sign your body has accepted the microchip and you're on your way to becoming full Borg

Comment

• 169105926_3873387096089502_8162385172400055466_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=piZvmLpF4WwAX8rN0YN&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=cb355366c12abee8c0778e52feae7369&oe=6090F92D.jpg
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X